Chapter 7

Neverland* [Hiatus]

              I wake up having the same dream I did a few nights ago. I don’t know why but it kind of creeps me out. The whole ‘a world that never ends‘, It’s just weird. I crawl out of bed and take a shower. The hot water is relaxing. I stand there just letting the water run. I feel stressed. There is something bothering me but I don’t know what. Not wanting to think about it I scrub my skin with the soap and shampoo my hair. I walk out of my room and get dressed. Its winter break and I don’t I don’t have to worry about school, thank god. Even though I’m still a relatively new student, the school is already full of embarrassing and unpleasant memories.

                I walk down the stairs and into the living room and am greeted by my mom and Mr. Lee. Today is all about wedding preparations. We leave after finishing breakfast and I text Eli and Dongho in the car. Eli had some sudden family matters to attend to so that’s why he never came over the other day. And, Dongho is hanging out with Soohyun…surprisingly.  

                The car drive only lasts a few hours and Mr. Lee parks the car in a crowded parking lot somewhere in the city. We walk around for a while trying to find the wedding stores and when we do mom parts ways to go look at wedding dresses. The three of us find a men’s fitting store across the road from the wedding dress shop.

                First Kiseop’s father gets fitted for his tuxedo. It takes about an hour to get the proper measurements and fittings. Once he’s done I’m next. Mr. Lee goes off to look at wedding rings as I try on various tuxedos trying to find the right fit. I guess I look good in all black, but unlike Kiseop I like color. I find a perfect fit after a few tries and once my measurements are taken I change back into my regular clothes. I sit on a brown leather couch and look around the store. It’s fancy looking and there are tons of different kinds of suits and dress wear. The clothes are kind of boring here though. They are all the same color and style. I can’t complain about how boring this is, so I decide to explore. I wander around looking at every section of clothing running my fingers over the fabrics. Interesting, but women’s clothing is much more interesting to look at. I wander back into the fitting room to retrieve my jacket that I left and see Kiseop trying on his tuxedo…

                He looks good. Black is definitely his color and the simpler clothing is a nice change compared to his crazy fashion choices. He doesn’t have any makeup on, but he looks good without it. He seems to have some trouble with his bow tie.  His frustrated expression is entertaining to watch. After watching him epically fail at this simple task for a few minutes I walk up to him. “Let me do it.” I’m shocked he actually lets me. I was expecting him to wave me off and tell me to get lost but I guess he admits defeat to the bow tie. I fix his shirt collar and wrap the tie around his neck properly. I know this is a weird thing to be thinking at a moment like this…but he doesn’t really smell like smoke anymore, he smells good. “Did you stop smoking?” I ask.

“Yeah...” He answers, “My mom never liked it when my dad smoked…” He doesn’t finish but I understand. He wouldn’t want to disappoint his mom.

                I finish tying his bow tie and he walks over to the mirror to look himself over. After he examines himself for a while in every direction he pulls out a black pencil and starts drawing on the edges of his eyes. “What are you doing?” I ask and walk over to look at him.

“Isn’t it obvious?” He’s mocking me, but I guess that was a pretty stupid question. “I’m putting on eye liner, dad didn’t want me to wear it today…but I’m going to anyway.” The eye liner does give his eyes a more distinct appeal; it draws the attention of the face. He does look pretty good with it on… even though it is mainly worn by girls. “…Can I try?” I never wore makeup before. He stares at me for a moment and then finally says, “Sure…” He hands the pencil to me and moves over so I can look into the mirror. I don’t really know how to put it on so I just start drawing a thick black line under my eye. “Ah…not like that.” He takes the pencil back. “Um…look at me.” He turns my face towards his, and even this simple contact makes me feel embarrassed for some reason. He takes the pencil and gently draws a thin line on the bottom of my eye. The pencil makes my eyes tickle.

                I like being close to him…I don’t know why…but at the same time...it feels…wrong. I stop Kiseop and step away. I look into the mirror.

                 I definitely look different.

                Kiseop’s dad walks in and gives Kiseop an annoyed look. “I ask you not to wear makeup today so you go and put it on Kevin.” His tone is irritated. Kiseop just rolls his eyes and walks out of the fitting room.

                We only spend another hour or so on tuxedos and then walk across the street to meet up with my mom in the middle of trying on dozens of wedding dresses. The store is completely white. White dresses, white flowers, white accessories, and white veils. Kiseop sits on the white, leather couch next to his dad. I walked around and admired this store’s beauty. It was much more entertaining to explore then the one before. Everything is so pretty. I walk into the fitting room and find my mom trying on a simple, yet beautiful, white dress. It’s nothing to fancy but she looks just as beautiful as she did in the wedding pictures I seen of her when she married my dad. “What do you think?” She asks and faces me.

“You look beautiful.” I walk over and hug her. I can see how happy she is and I hope there is nothing that can ruin her happiness.

                As my mom changes back into her clothes and then goes to buy the dress I look at all the other wedding dresses in the store. They are truly something to admire. So much work and detail is put into their designs even though they are to only be worn once. I want to get married. If I was a girl I wonder what I would like in a wedding dress…they are really nice dresses.

                I don’t notice Kiseop standing behind me until he says, “You’re such a girl.” This offends me for some reason.

“Why?” I ask annoyed.

“Only girls like looking at dresses.” He states bluntly.
“Says who?” I turn back and start admiring the dresses again, “Girls wear them to look beautiful. And when they do…I think they look beautiful. On her wedding day, a bride wears her wedding dress for her husband. So why wouldn’t I like looking at them?”

“Why does it matter if they look beautiful? It’s not that special. If you love someone why do you even need to be married? If you truly love one another, why do you wouldn’t need marriage to keep you together?” Kiseop doesn’t understand the whole point of marriage.

“When you marry someone you’re devoting your love to them. Marriage is a vow to love that person forever and no one else.” I’m not an expert on marriage or love, but I think I understand their meaning.

“Then why is there such a thing as divorce? And why do people remarry if they promised to love that person through life and death?” What point is he trying to make? I can see he is getting frustrated, and I think he is taking this argument to personally. It seems like he is referring to his parents, and mother’s death…

“Kiseop… no one can live in the past. Loved ones always stay in our hearts even after they’re gone. There’s always a place in the heart to love someone new, no one gets replaced.” He’s glaring at me and looks even more upset than before. Is all this wedding stuff making him upset about his mother? “Kiseop, I don’t know if you know this, but your father loved your mother… My mom is not replacing her.”

“He never loved her,” His tone is getting angry.

“I know what it’s like losing a parent.” I don’t know how to comfort him.

“No you don’t.” He says rather harshly.

“I may not know what it’s like losing a parent to death, but at least yours didn’t leave you by choice.” I walk away not wanting to argue with him about this topic.

                The rest of or shopping is awkward and uncomfortable. I refuse to even look at Kiseop and I just want to go home already. He’s so inconsiderate and selfish. Couldn’t he just be happy for his dad? No. I guess that is too much to ask.

                A few hours later when we stop for lunch I leave the group and take a walk. I hate this. It’s like we’re pretending to be a family even though it’s obvious we all hate each other. I sit down on a bench a couple blocks away from the café the others are eating in. I call Eli. He picks up after the first rings. I tell him how irritating this whole day has been so far and starting complaining about everything. He listens, which makes me feel better, but then I ask him about his family, “So, how have you been? You said you were had some family situations to attend to.”

“Oh…my aunt and uncle are going through a really bad divorce…and it’s been tough on my cousin so he might come and live with me and my family for a while.” He says sounding a little stressed.

“Oh…what’s your cousin’s name?” I ask.

“Alexander.”  He answers. I want to continue our conversation but my mom calls me from outside the café, telling me we’re leaving.

“I have to go. Let’s hang out soon. And bring Xander, I want to meet him.” I say and start to walk back to the little café and rejoin the ‘family’.  

“Alright, bye,” With that I hang up and stick my phone back in my pocket.

                We walk back down town, looking for the parking lot where we parked the car. Mom and Mr. Lee walk way ahead of me, chatting about all the arrangements that will need to be taken care of before the wedding, and just how excited they are. It’s all so annoying right now so I just zone out and sip the coffee Mom bought me at the café.

                Kiseop walks behind me, and I can feel him staring at me. It’s awkward knowing he’s staring at me. I fasten my pace trying to create distance between us, but I can hear him quicken his pace too. I’m about to break into a run when a firm grip on my wrist stops me. “Ouch! Let go!” My tone is a little harsher than intended but I don’t really care. He let’s go and just stares at me for a moment, his expression unreadable. “What!?” I yell at him. Our parents are too far ahead to hear me. He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair on the back of his head, looking somewhat stressed.

“Kevin…I…I want to apologize…for before. I shouldn’t have been so rude…I just…” It’s obvious he’s having difficulty speaking to me. I’m somewhat shocked he’s actually trying to apologize… It’s so unlike him. I’m still upset from before, but his apology does make me less angry at him.

“It’s fine…I’m still annoyed with you though.” I say, and turn to follow after our parents who have totally abandoned us, but watch Kiseop roll his eyes at me first. We jog after Mom and Mr. Lee to catch up.

                We reach the car and get in. Mom and Lee ignore us once again as we drive out of the city and head towards home.  I sit and look out the window still holding onto my half empty coffee cup. Kiseop is listening to his iPod and ignores everyone else.

                We drive for about an hour before Kiseop knocks into my hand and makes me spill my coffee all over my lap. “!” I yelp. Even though the coffee is a few hours old it’s still surprisingly hot.

                Kiseop makes an attempt to do something but once he realizes the coffee spilled all over my crotch he turns bright red and looks away, not even bothering to say sorry. I’ve never seen him blush before…but I don’t even know why he’s all embarrassed.

                For the rest of the trip back home I have to sit, uncomfortably, in my wet pants as the coffee cools and becomes cold.

                What a great day -_-

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hi guys! This chapter came out kind of short... sorry :/ I usually try to make each chapter 5 or more pages in Word (single spaced, font size 11).

This one was just a little over 5 pages so I was a little dissapointed in my self T_T I wanted to make it longer but kind of ran out of ideas...and I had to start my homework -____-  stupid school! 

Also, I'm sorry if this chapter came out kind of bad...I'm not the most smooth writer...sometimes it's hard to put my ideas and thoughts into words. The next chapter will probably be longer because I already have some ideas for it. And sorry if I take a little while to update. I have a lot of good ideas for this fanfic, it just takes a while to write it all out, and I've been kind of busy. I will try to update soon though!..so yeah...thanks for reading :)