Prologue

Mending

It’s been eight years. eight years of living without him. eight years of living without listening to his laughter and tasting his cooking. Somehow, his stomach sicken of thinking like that but it is the reality. After Joonmyun’s departure, Yixing changed 180 degrees. He refused of the proposal being married to one his parents’ friend’s daughter in order to merge their business. At first, his father was furious of his son’s act but his mother knew the reason and tried to consult with her husband.

 

Yixing was lucky because his father did not remove him from inherit the business. Yixing knew that he should be thankful but it does not make him happy. He tried to find Joonmyun by hiring a private investigator but he was too scared if the younger man would not accept him back if he contact him. Why he did not protect Joonmyun? He was scared. He was scared if his parents would not accept him for who he was. A gay boy. If somebody called him a coward, he totally agreed. He knew that it would be hard for Joonmyun to accept him back but he would give the man all of him to redeem himself.

 

~~

 

It’s feel like a routine for Joonmyun rather than a life. It’s always been the same thing. He sleeps, eat, write and repeat. It never changed for the past five years. After leaving Yixing’s house, he finally able to be himself. He felt that learning about business was not the person who he really is and he always wanted to try writing. As a young child, he always write but he could not pursue it because the lack of financial and parental support. He was lucky that he had friends that helped him to stand back on his feet. It took him nearly more than 2 years to able get a permanent job which was a small restaurant. He was lucky that he knew how to cook many types of food.

 

He knew that he should pursue his dream of being a writer. He tried to balance his new life of being a worker at a restaurant and going to writing classes but he succeed at the end. He was reading a book on his day off when his roommate came and told him about a writing competition. At first, he was concerned that his writing was not that good and declined. But after a couple coaxes from his roommate, housemates and even colleagues who seems to know about the competition, he entered it. He did not won the main prize but he did get a handsome amount of money. He did not spend it as he decided to keep it for future.

 

After entering a couple more writing competition and learning more about writing, Joonmyun decided to quit his job at the restaurant and pay full attention on the writing career. He was known for writing short stories and some poem. He was sitting in a coffee shop thinking about the new project that he was going to do when a man, Kyungsoo approached him with a huge grin. At first he did not recognized the man but after he gave him his card, he instantly remembered him being one of the new editors that managed to make a name in the writing world. Kyungsoo mentioned that he had his eyes on him after winning his second competition and always wanted to work with him.

 

Joonmyun was in a daze when Kyungsoo told him about his dream of making him a novel writer. He always wanted to involve himself in the novel world but it seems intimidating for him as a newbie. He never tried once in his whole life writing a novel. Is he able to? He does not know. Joonmyun smiled at the man and told him that he would try to consider about it. He saw his smile turned into a grin and told him to drop by at his office anytime he want to talk about it. He nodded and watched the petite man walked away after paying for their coffee as a treat. 

 

~~~

A/N: I'm really sorry for the short prologue but I could not reveal more to you guys without accidentally telling the plot. I hope that you guys enjoy this and see you next time.

 

Fact about me: My name is Aainaa (yes there are double A in front and back. It's in my identification card and birth letter) so you guys can call me aainaa instead of author-nim. I'm 18 years old (officially this year) and I'm from Malaysia. If you guys want to introduce yourselve in comment section below, feel free to. 

 

Don't forget to leave comments and feedback in the comment section below or here if you want to go anonymous. Upvote if you love this story. 

 

Go and enjoy your day. Bye!