Chapter 1

Time for Love

It’s 8:37 am when Jae Suk checked his watch after entering her room. As usual, he read a newspaper to begin the day at his office. He finished reading and soon checked out a few piles of documents on his desk when someone knocked the door.

“Come in.”

“Yah, Jae Sukkie!” A man with a big nose wearing glasses entered the room while waving at Jae Suk.

“Oh, Suk Jin Hyung! What brings you here? It’s still early anyway.”

The older man approached Jae Suk’s desk and took a seat. “I’m happy right now and you’ll be the first one whom I tell about it.”

Jae Suk who firstly looked down busily examining some papers was a bit interested all of a sudden in what Suk Jin wanted to tell him. “What is it, Hyung? You’ve won lotteries?” he chuckled.

“Of course not. Well, it seems like Ji Hyun Woo would have a new mom.” Suk Jin said excitedly.

Jae Suk’s face couldn’t hide his surprise and curiosity. “What? Did someone hook you up with a woman?”

“I haven’t met this woman yet, but her mom said that she’ll set up everything.” When Suk Jin saw Jae Suk raised one of her eyebrows because feeling confused, he then continued, “I have a good relationship with her mom anyway. She seems liking me a lot to be her son-in-law soon.”

“How unlucky the woman that will meet you,” Jae Suk said abruptly.

“Yah, Yoo Jae Suk!”

The younger chuckled and then focused on his tasks again while saying, “I was kidding, Hyung.”

“If I’m not mistaken, she and I are 14 years apart when it comes to the . I have seen her photo. She’s pretty. I’m really happy and I can’t wait for our meeting day.” Suk Jin can’t stop his excitement.

“Are you sure she will feel as happy and excited as you, Hyung?” Jae Suk again.

“Yah, you! Why did you let me down? I’m not here for that. You should be happy for me and Hyun Woo.”

Jae Suk laughed. “You know that I didn’t mean that. Besides, it’s still too soon for being happy for you, Hyung. So, you don’t really mind to make up with Hyun Woo’s mom after one year you two divorced?”

Suk Jin shook his head. “No way! Why should I do that?” He fell silent before saying, “Jae Suk-ah, you should get married soon. Do I need to hook you up with some beautiful women I know well?”

Jae Suk smirked. “Why talking about me out of sudden? Just mind your business, Hyung.”

“Why? It’s been 8 years since you dated. Not all women like her who abandoned you. Just open your heart.”

Knock! Knock! “Excuse me, Sajang-nim.”

“Oh, Eun Hye-ah.. Come in.”

“Hello Ji Suk Jin-ssi. How have you been?” Yoon Eun Hye, who was Jae Suk’s secretary, bowed and greeted the older man.

“I’ve been well, Eun Hye-ssi..” His eyes can’t take off her. He felt fascinated, “You’re getting prettier.”

Eun Hye answered shyly. “Thank you, Sir.” She turned into Jae Suk and told him to sign a few documents.

“See, Hyung.. You’ve just told me that you like someone and some moments later you already fall for another woman. Whoaa, really,” the younger man spoke while signing the documents as he thought that the older one’s nature was unbelievable.

“Was I wrong? I just complimented her, that’s all.” Suk Jin then looked at Jae Suk and Eun Hye alternately. “Jae Suk-ah, why don’t both of you try dating? Eun Hye is really pretty and she has been working with you for almost five years, so you both must have already known each other well.”

Both Jae Suk and Eun Hye were shocked by Suk Jin’s words and they exchanged a glance. Both then laughed. “Yah, Suk Jin Hyung, why did you say that? It’s true that we’ve known each other very, very well, but it’s more like siblings relationship only. She’s already like my own dongsaeng, right Eun Hye?”

Eun Hye chuckled and nodded.

“Ah, really this hyung… Eun Hye is indeed pretty and that’s why she has a boyfriend right now,” Jae Suk added.

Suk Jin nodded after he understood the situation that Eun Hye had a boyfriend already, but he didn’t stop there. “If so, Eun Hye-ah, why don’t you hook your boss up with your girl friends? Don’t you care about him who has been single all this time?”

Eun Hye immediately got an idea and asked Jae Suk, “I have one person in my mind right now to be introduced to you, Sir. What do you think? Would you like to meet her?”

Jae Suk choked up hearing that. The truth was he didn’t like the idea, but he still managed to be calm and asked, “Alright, no problem. Anyway, who’s she? Is she your friend?”

Eun Hye shook her head. “No, she’s my cousin whose an apartment I’ve been staying in since I’ve worked here.”

“Aaa, okay.. okay.. Just arrange everything and let me know when it will be. Well, when will we have a meeting with Mr. Ryu?”

“Yes, Sir.” Eun Hye smiled at Suk Jin who gave her a thumb up when Jae Suk didn’t notice, and then she answered his boss, “We still have 30 minutes before our meeting, Sir.”

 


 

 “Just go watch TV or something! I do not want to hear you nagging me. I want to sleep right now.” Song Ji Hyo lying on her bed used her two hands to cup her ears while giving her back to her cousin. She felt annoyed.

“Ah, Unnie… Just please listen to me.. I promise you this becomes the last time I beg you to go on a blind date. Don’t you believe me anymore? Well, do you really want to accept Auntie’s choice and get married soon?”

“Yah, Yoon Eun Hye!” Ji Hyo got up and changed her position to sit on her bed. “Can we not talk about this today? Why you should also remind me of what my mom has planned? Arrrgghhh! I’m going crazy!”

“Why do you blame me? Of course, as a mom Auntie is worried a lot about you not getting married yet. How old are you, Unnie? You should at least have one child already now.” Eun Hye refused to be blamed. “Look at you now. In your age of 35 years old, you should not have to think about your ideal type. It’s too difficult to find a man based on your types, do not stick with that anymore.”

Ji Hyo looked down and sighed. “Okay, I admit it that I’m still too picky about choosing the man that will be my partner of life because you know what? You only marry once! I don’t want to waste my time being with a wrong person. It’s better to be late to get married than picking the wrong one.” She reasoned.

“So, do you think that auntie’s choice would be acceptable and compatible with you?” Eun Hye who firstly just stood up near the bed joined her cousin, sitting next to her. “I heard that the man whom auntie would like to introduce to you is much older than you, are you okay with that?”

Ji Hyo sighed again. She seemed like having no energy anymore to talk about it. “You’re right. He is 14 years older than me and I’m not okay with that. Besides, he’s a widower and already has a child. If only I had his picture with me, it was on my mom’s phone so I couldn’t show you.”

“WHAT?” Eun Hye who was shocked after hearing what Ji Hyo told her, directly grabbed the older’s hands and begged, “Unnie, although you’re fierce and you’re often mean to me, I care about you so much. That’s why please you do me a favor. I don’t want you to end up marrying that man, Unnie… I guaranteed, this one is the best among the previous ones I had introduced to you.”

Ji Hyo tilted her head. “You always said like that, Eun Hye-ah. Don’t you remember that the first man you set up with me was such a playboy? Lee Kwang Soo was physically not bad, but I was disappointed when he looked at other women when we were on a date.”

Eun Hye agreed. “Yeah, until now he hasn’t found his ‘Ms. Right’. He’s indeed a playboy, Unnie. I’m so sorry about that anyway.”

“While the second man…,” Ji Hyo smirked. “Kim Jong Kook who now is your boyfriend. Well, since the beginning he only sees you. His heart has chosen you. Even I could clearly see that.”

The younger pursed her lips before replying shyly. “I thought he never had any feelings to me. I stupidly hooked him up with you instead. I’m sorry again, Unnie…”

“Do you also remember the last one? Choi Jin Hyuk? I agree that he’s good-looking, smart, warm, and charming, but it turned me off when knowing that he earns less than me.”

Eun Hye grabbed her older sister’s hands and held them tightly, she really felt guilty after Ji Hyo mentioned that no one among the men she introduced to the older was right. “Unnie, I’m very sorry for the last man as well. I should have done better.”

Ji Hyo patted the younger’s shoulder. “Anyway, it has already passed. But, for this time…,” she hesitated.

“This time, the man that I want you to know about is my boss, no no no, he’s more than a boss to me. Outside business hours, he asked me to call him “Oppa” and he really takes care of me like his own little sister. I know him very well. He hasn’t dated for 8 years after her girlfriend left him to get married to a No.1 Chinese conglomerate.” Eun Hye knew that her sister was interested only by looking at how focused she was when Eun Hye told her everything about her boss, so she continued, “Even he hasn’t ever thought about getting married yet because of that.”

Ji Hyo stunned there. “8 years? W-wow… Ehem, but he’s a rich man, he’s the CEO of Yoo Inc., one of the best Korean chains of fashion retailers. It’s impossible for him not to date any woman for that long. Hasn’t he moved on from his ex-girlfriend?”

Eun Hye let out a chuckle hearing such response from the older. “I think he’s just being afraid of getting hurt again. He needs to find the right woman that can make him open his heart.”

Ji Hyo’s facial expression was plain and that’s why Eun Hye cannot guess what her sister was thinking at that time.

The younger then decided to say more. “He’s indeed 9 years older than you, but at least he’s a single man who hasn’t married yet. Besides, he’s a nice, hard-working, and humble guy. Well, I guess he might be a bit awkward when you two finally meet since it’s been a long time since his last date. But, it’s alright as you’re not like that, you two can just complement each other later.”

Ji Hyo was suddenly speechless, but she managed to say something. “I don’t think it would be a good idea to date your--”

“You can simply prefer the man I candidate or the one your mom does,” cut the younger.

Being reminded of her mom’s choice made her firmly say, “Ahhh, okay! I’ll go with your choice. Mr. Yoo must be better, right? Now, get out of my room!” Ji Hyo honestly didn’t want to think about dating because she was urged to get married soon. She always dreamed about meeting a nice guy on her own and at a right time, just like on many romantic dramas. But she realized that she was in the confusing and urgent situation. She should also admit that it’s much better to do what Eun Hye suggested.

 


 

 Ji Hyo just got in her car to go to work when her phone was ringing. She looked at the screen, sighed, but still picked it up since it’s from her mom. “Hello, Mom. What’s going on?”

“Ji Hyo-ah, tomorrow’s already weekend, you haven’t started filming your new program right?”

“No. Why?”

“If you’re not busy, make sure you spare your time for your first meeting with Mr. Ji Suk Jin at 6 pm tomorrow. I’ll come to your place at noon and we’ll go to the Jung Sik Dang Restaurant together.”

Ji Hyo was in state of panic. “But, Mom.. I haven’t agreed yet about that…”

“Mom should go now, have a nice day at work! See you, Dear..”

Her mom already hung up without responding what she said. Ji Hyo couldn’t understand why her mom decided without asking her opinion. She had no reasons to avoid the meeting. All she knew was she would inevitably come.

 

 

 


A/N: I’m sorry if the 1st chapter might be too boring. I’m not confident with my plot anyway, but I’ll do my best. Thank you for reading.