The Admirer

The Admirer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Holy !”

Jiyong startled with his friend’s cry.

“Can you lower your tone?” he growled and stared at his friend. He was concentrating in proofreading his writing, that’s why. And also the fact that they were in a coffee shop – he was in sole purpose trying to concentrate, while his friend was just being his happy go lucky self and decided to join him at the last minute since he was bored – and now with his friend’s antic they got attention from almost customers.

“Hyung, since when you’re into posting your own photo?!” Seungri ignored what Jiyong said, asked loudly.

“What are you talking about?” there was no point to shut his friend at this moment, Jiyong chose to focus on his work.

“This..” Seungri shoved his phone in his face. He had no choice but to look at it.

“Wha…?” Jiyong lost his word and his hand snatched Seungri’s phone. He blinked multiple times, thinking that he just seeing things. But no, it was real.

“Sandara…” he muttered and sighed and face plamed.

Yes what he saw was a work of his girlfriend.

**

Six Months and Three Weeks and Five Days Prior…

Jiyong was scanning around, looking for a certain object he captured the past hour. His phone was rung, which required his attention for two minutes to answer the call. But in those two minutes, he lost it and for fifteen minutes he tried to scan the area but no avail to be found.

“!” he cussed. Why on earth he walked away in the first place?

“Yo, Jiyongie!” he heard someone called him, Youngbae, his buddy.

He just raised his hand as his answer.

“Why so worked up? Don’t get any picture?” he asked, knew by heart that his friend’s mood wasn’t in good state.

Youngbae was befriended with Jiyong since he could remember, and his friend’s mood swing wasn’t something new for him. Today agenda was taking Jiyong to Seoul Forest because that friend of his was in mood to take some picture for inspiration sake. Yes, Jiyong was an author and he also loved photography.

“I lost her…” the answer he got from his friend. He sensed the ticker air surrounded them.

Youngbae stared at Jiyong, who by his expression was like someone stole his precious possession.  “What you’ve lost?” he asked, then added, “Who’s her?”

“I don’t know…” Jiyong muttered made Youngbae furrowed his brows.

“Huh?”

“I don’t know, I was taking picture and suddenly she just appeared in my shoot range,” Jiyong explained, but still Youngbae couldn’t get it.

And Jiyong could tell from his friend’s face that he didn’t get him, so he gave up. “Aisht, whatever! Let’s go, you’re coming to pick me, right?”

**

Two Hours Later…

Jiyong’s fingers was dancing on the keyboard, with a data cable attached his personal computer to his camera.

“Whoa!” Youngbae cried when he saw what Jiyong got in his camera earlier when they were having dinner. As a nosy friend that he was, Youngbae always scan Jiyong’s picture from his camera first thing after he finished his shoot. “I never know you’re taking someone’s picture,” he commented, “and the pretty one.” He finished with a catcall.

“Shut up!” Jiyong hissed, drunk his soju.

“Hahaha, it’s okay dude, I’m just taken aback. Cause you never took person in particular in your shoot object. Always about scenery or crowd,” Youngbae noted.

 “You got her number?” Youngbae asked, put Jiyong’s camera on the table.

Jiyong shook his head. “No, I don’t even know her name. Seunghyun Hyung called and when I finished the call she disappeared,” he told his friend. Choi Seunghyun  was his editor. “Tried to look for her around, but…” he didn’t finish his sentence and shrugged. “Seems like she was a product from my imagination,”

“Yah! What imagination you’re talking about? You got proof here,” Youngbae pointed at his camera.

Jiyong sighed and pour another soju in his glass and Youngbae’s. Silence enveloped the two friends.

Somehow Youngbae sensed this girl quite important for his friend. Jiyong may didn’t know it himself, but from the hundreds picture Youngbae witnessed… well, it was something. Just like he said, this wasn’t Jiyong MO. Jiyong loved to take picture, loved photography, had his own way with camera. If the computer was the most precious thing in Jiyong’s life because all his writing was stored there, so his camera was right behind. And like he said, Jiyong never took any picture that focused in someone particular, even just a bystander. His friend only captured scenery and crowd ever, until now.

His sense told him that his friend was falling for this girl.

“Why don’t you ask a little help?” suddenly Youngbae said after a moment of silence.

“Huh? What help? From who?”

“Your fans…”

“What fans?”

And here he was executed Youngbae’s idea in asking help.

**

Nine Hours and Twelve Minutes Later…

Dara blinked. Her brain refused to process this. What is this? She op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter