// 01 ♡

For You

“If you just stay the way you are now,

I want nothing more;

So don’t change anything.”

 


 

You were just a wallflower that was made to blend in; whereas Jungkook is a man of his word.

 

You were weak, feeble, a damsel in distress; whereas Jungkook was strong - stronger than anybody you had known; and you looked up to him because of that.

 

Jungkook had this strong, confident, yet slightly petrifying persona that made the men think twice before attacking and the ladies swoon.

 

You were just an average person - lucky enough to be called his best friend. Though, as much as you hated the endless whispers and the nasty glares and glances from time to time, you loved having him by your side. You were more than glad to be able to be this close to someone as high and mighty as Jeon Jungkook - the village’s prince.

 

The name had a beautiful ring to it. Say it once, and hear the people squeal with glee.

 

Many people worshiped Jungkook like a god, and you couldn’t blame them. With his skills and especially his features, it wasn’t surprising.

 

“Hey you,” he poked your side making you flinch. You snapped out of your thoughts and poked him back.

 

“Hey. What’s up?”

“The sky?”

“Ha ha, very funny,” you rolled your eyes with a grin on your face while a teasing smile slipped onto his.

 

You trusted Jungkook with your life. He was always there for you when you were sad, angry, when craving for a ton of food at the oddest times, or when you were afraid. No matter where you had went, he was always there to save the day.

 

Although some find it annoying, you quite loved it. Sure, being called damsel in distress wasn’t the best thing to come home to, but knowing he was always just a call away made you feel safe and happy no matter where you went.

 

“Working again?” Jungkook sat down on the chestnut brown chair as you paced back and forth behind the diner counter.

“Yeah. I was called in today, but it’s fine because there’s not many people here, and I’m also leaving soon.” You replied, wiping the wine glasses dry before hanging them up on the rack. It was already 9 o’clock and it was starting to get dark outside. “What brings you here?”

 

“Can’t I visit my best friend?” Your heart thumped. That’s right, you were his best friend, and only his best friend.

“Who said you couldn’t?” Jungkook laughed at your reply before standing up and grabbing your hands, pulling you closer to him. Only inches away from his lips, foreheads touching, and noses barely touching each other, you froze. You’d be lying if you said you haven’t fallen for him like the rest of the public has; just with the fact that you’re closer to him made you fall even deeper.

 

“Come with me,” he whispered before winking at you and pulling you out of the little island that separated you from him.

 

“Jungkook, my boss-”

“Already told him.”

“Where are we go-”

“You’ll see soon.” He delightfully cut off your questions, as he practically skipped to his sleek and fancy black car. Opening the door for you, you cautiously went in, confused of why he was particularly very happy.

 

“Should I be afraid?”

“Nope! You’re safe with me, your knight in shining armor!” Ah, yes. The power of Jungkook. Even with a possibly-sarcastic remark like that had your heart running like it was participating in the olympics. His smile - oh his smile, so innocent and bright, but a smile that hides many secrets and fear behind it.

 

Arriving at one of your favourite parks that overlooked the whole Seoul city, you got out of the car starstruck, forgetting how beautiful it looked at night.

 

“Jungkook, why did you bring me here?” A grin tugged on your lips as you placed your hands onto the cold railing.

 

“I remembered you always told me you loved coming here at night, but because of the dangers at night and such, you couldn’t come here often.” A smile slowly fell onto his face as he glanced at the beautiful city. “So, now that we’re older, as the duty of your best friend I wanted to take you here, with me.” He turned to you; his smile turning into a grin. He felt his insides go all mushy when he saw your eyes twinkle at the breathtaking sight.

 

“Thank you so much, Jungkook.” You turn your body towards him, flashing him a sincere smile before engulfing him in a hug. Slowly, his arms wrapped around you, squeezing you tighter as if you were to disappear if he had let go.

 

“Actually, that’s not the actual reason why I wanted to bring you here...” Jungkook began. When he felt you trying to pull away, he only hugged you tighter. “The reason why I wanted to bring you here is because I want to tell you how much I love you; and I don’t mean it in a best friend way, I mean it romantically.” He felt your body tense. “When you smile it lights up my world and makes me smile; it makes me happy to know that you’re happy when you’re smiling. It makes me happy that you talk to me about your problems because I know you trust and rely on me.” He slowly pulled you away.

 

“You’re so beautiful, that even when you just wake up you have already taken my breath away. You’re so clumsy, that you’re slowly turning me into a clutz because all I’m doing now is falling for you. You’re so sweet, that you make even the sweetest lollipop taste bitter.” He grinned cheekily, knowing you would go crazy at the cheesiest things he had said. “And that’s not even half of the reasons why I love you.”

 

“I love you with all my . I would say my heart, but my is bigger and nicer,” you snorted, silently agreeing. Jungkook slowly came closer to your face. Just inches away from your lips, he gently lifted your chin so that your eyes would watch as his spilled all his love for you. “I love you so much, that I would even risk my life for you.” With that, he smashed his lips into yours as you both shared a loving kiss to complete the night.