You and me

The Appointment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Tomorrow is my first checkup, can you reschedule for me?”

 

 

Kyungsoo asked as he wipes his mouth, he really can’t stand all of these morning sickness , sometimes he planned to not eat anything at the night so that he will not vomit in the morning but that’s impossible. Because he craved for everything edible in this universe.

 

 

“I will try.”

 

 

Jongin’s answer is not a pleasant one, Kyungsoo didn’t satisfy with it. He didn’t complain though, instead he pouted as he sits in front of his husband on a chair at their verandah.

 

 

And there, Jongin lost it.

 

 

“Okay, what time is your appointment?” Jongin let out a small sigh. He takes another sip of his coffee. He never can win Kyungsoo in this pouting game.

 

 

“Ten in the morning, but if you’re busy, then it is okay. I can ask Chanyeol…”

 

“No!”

 

Kyungsoo stares at his husband confusedly, he doesn’t need to yell because he can hear him clearly. Realizing Kyungsoo’s expression changes, Jongin feels guilty by his action. But really, he hated it when Kyungsoo tries to bring other people into their relationship.

 

“I mean no, dear. I will bring you to the doctor, okay?”

 

“Okay, promise?”

 

“Promise,”

 

 

 

 

 

9.15 A.M

To: Jongin

You didn’t forget, aren’t you?

 

9.30 A.M

To: Jongin

If you can’t, then I will ask Baekhyun. He is okay, I think?

 

9.34 A.M

3 missed calls from Kyungsoo

 

9.40 A.M

To: Jongin

Jongin, really, answer my call.

 

9.50 A.M

To: Jongin

I’m going by taxi, fetch me there. I sent you the clinic address. But if you can’t, it’s okay. I have my own legs.

 

9.51 A.M

To: Jongin

Just throw your phone to dustbin or donate it to the orphanage. It is useless with you.

And I’m not upset, okay!

 

 

 

If anything, Jongin knows he deserves a slap on his face. He does not intended to ignore Kyungsoo’s messages but he turns out to be so busy with a sudden meeting this morning. He tried to get out from that frantic meeting but his boss kept delayed him.

 

“My spouse has his first checkup today, I know it sounds ridiculous to leave meeting for that reason. But I really need to. I’m sorry.”

 

Leaving the meeting room, he rushes to settle his things before get his car at the park lot. He glances at his watch and it shows 10.25 A.M. After set up his navigation, he starts to drive to the clinic and maybe, maybe, God really wants to test him today.

 

Everything damn deserve to explain this traffic jam.

 

 

Jongin almost cried, he took his phone and tries to call Kyungsoo but he got no answer. As he expected, Kyungsoo will not answer because he knows that the love of his life already upset and mad because he didn’t made his promise.

 

Jongin dials another number and within five seconds of waiting, someone answers in the other line.

 

“Is Kyungsoo with you?”

 

“No, he asked if I’m free but no, Chanyeol wants me to take care of Michi today. Why?”

 

“Nothing. Thanks, hyung.”

 

Dialing another number, and he got an answer right after the he put the phone to his ear.

 

“Is Kyungsoo with you?”

 

“No,”

 

“How about Luhan?”

 

“He’s with me, why?”

 

“Nothing, sorry and thanks, Sehun.”

 

Jongin want to cuss but he knows, the person who deserved to be cursed now is himself. He tries to redial Kyungsoo’s number, but it was all in vain. The phone didn’t ring anymore. It just sent him directly to the voicemail.

 

“Hello, I’m Kyungsoo! Leave your message after this tone,”

 

”Okay Kyungsoo, okay. I know, I got it,” Jongin huffs, he knows Kyungsoo shut down his phone on purpose. He knows Kyungsoo will scold him when they meet but he didn’t care as long as it can make Kyungsoo didn’t sad or disappointed.

 

As he reached at the clinic at 11, Jongin sees his spouse sits on a chair near the corner. A guilty feeling tugs his heart,

 

“Hey,”

 

Hearing a voice that sound familiar to his ears, he looks for the owner.

 

“Hi,”

 

He smiled, Kyungsoo’s smile always turns to be a cure to Jongin, but today that smile brings a scar in his heart. He smiles even though he broke his promise.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

Curse me, Kyungsoo. Kick me, or do anything so that I didn’t feel guilty like this.

 

“It’s okay, I’m tired. Let’s go home.” He said as he asks for a help from his husband to stand up. Jongin gives a hand to help the smaller and he looks at him with a stoic face, slap me Kyungsoo, please, don’t smile like that. 

 

 On the way back to their home, neither Kyungsoo nor Jongin, both didn’t speak. “I forgot to charge my phone last night so it shut down as I reached at clinic. Sorry, if I didn’t answer your calls.”  

 

Jongin nodded, recollecting back his strength. He thought Kyungsoo shut off his phone in purpose so that Jongin will not call his but he was wrong.

 

What else? He thought Kyungsoo will scold or slap him, but he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter