Chapter VII

Walking In The Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On August 17th, Soojung clutches a fruit basket in hand early in the morning, and heads to the bus stop. This had been her routine since the beginning of the previous month. Home – Hospital – College – Hospital – Home. And on some days, she doesn’t even go home.

But today, she’s surprised to see new faces in Room 404. She doesn’t even see ash-white anywhere. Because these days, Sehun always wears a beanie.

“Hi.” She squeaks says to grab their attention.

“Soojung, what a surprise.” The man exclaims. He looked too familiar for a stranger.

“Uh..” She looks to Sehun who’s sitting by the window with blankets around his lithe body.

“Dad. Amnesia.” Sehun reminds. Turning to Soojung, he whispers, “They’re my foster parents. You’ve met them before.”

“Hello again, Soojung. It’s a pleasure to see you.” Sehun’s mom says as she pulls her into a hug.

“You, too.” She just mindlessly mumbles.

“We were just going to get breakfast. What would you like?” Sehun’s dad offers.

“Thank you, but I’m good.”

“Okay, dear, see you later.” Sehun’s mom says as they take their leave.

“Hey.” She mumbles to Sehun, and places the basket beside his bed before plopping down next to him.

“I missed you.” He says as he places a soft kiss on her cheeks.

Her chuckle is as soft as the drizzle outside. “You seem to say that a lot these days, even though you see me everyday.”

“And yet, I feel like I won’t get to miss you enough.”

“Sehun.” She deadpans.

“Fine, fine. I won’t.” He holds his hand up.

She pulls him into a brief hug, before proceeding to unpack the fruit basket. “I still can’t believe you faked our first re-encounter.”

“I had to.” It takes a few seconds before the almost inaudible apology is hear. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. I’m glad you did.” She offers him a small smile.

“Do you want to know how we met?”

And she swears to the entities above that she almost, almost dropped the glass she’d been holding because she felt her heart bang against her chest way too hard. This is the first time Sehun had ever voluntarily offered to tell her about anything.

“S- yeah. I mean.. of course.” She stumbles over her words, making Sehun laugh. But he doesn’t throw his head back. It’s tired and soft laughs, just barely harder than giggles. Sehun pats the seat next to him.

She places the glass down and plops next to him. “When did we meet?”

“When we were 8. It was summer break, and you and your pops had just moved in. My mom, whom you met just now, was the librarian. I was in the third floor, in one of the private rooms, when she got a call from dad saying there was an emergency. She was in so much of a hurry that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter