The Witching Hour

The Witching Hour

"Guys, why can't we just go home?" A man whines, holding his stomach.

" it up, Jaehwan. You wanted to come in your Chopper onesie and have him be your costume," his friend, Wonshik, comments, fixing the white half-mask on his face.

"I just feel like something bad is going to happen," Jaehwan mutters, as a figure comes  up behind Wonshik. He adjusts Wonshik's white wings, allowing his fingers to linger. "And you idiots are going to get caught."

"We have masks for a reason," Wonshik combats, turning around. "Right, Taekwoon?"

Said man nods. He fixes his own mask, grabbing Wonshik's hand. "Cute."

"Aw, thanks. You're cute too. Even if you've fallen," Wonshik coos, cupping Taekwoon's neck. Their lips press together, black presses against white.

"Don't get caught," Jaehwan mutters, walking away. He pulls up the hood of his pajamas, walking to the drinks.

He grabs the ladle, pouring a drink for himself. "Boo!" He starts, dropping the cup. The pink liquid falls to the floor.

"Han Sanghyuk!" Jaehwan yells, glaring at him. Sanghyuk laughs behind the mask, moving away from his spot on the ground.

"Hey," he speaks, laughing through his mask. Jaehwan rolls his eyes, and looks up at the clock.

"Almost midnight. Then we can get out of here," he mutters, shifting his outfit.

"Why would you want go do that?" Sanghyuk combats, voice muffled by the mask.

"I'm the only one who seems to care about the group's image. Taekwoon and Wonshik are making out who knows where. Hakyeon is probably grinding on some chick. Hongbin is—"

"Being ground on by Hakyeon," Sanghyuk interrupts, pointing across the room.

"This group is so gay it's insane," Jaehwan mumbles under his breath. He watches Hakyeon press his fake fangs over Hongbin's fake stitches.

"Like you're one to talk," Sanghyuk says, smirking at Jaehwan. Jaehwan rolls his eyes, glaring at Sanghyuk after.

"Hello!"

The party stops to look up at the female in front of them. An earthen-themed gown covers her body. Flowers seem to blossom from her being. Forest green eyes watch the crowd. She smiles, holding a small cup of punch.

"It's almost the witching hour. I hope you all enjoyed your punch, and your humanity," she speaks, tilting her head. She smirks, watching the crowd murmurs around her. "You'll get it back, once day breaks. Until then, I will see the mass chaos you all cause. Have fun."

She jumps from the stage as a bell tolls. She laughs manically, slowly fading to black smoke.

Jaehwan panics, watching everyone around him. His eyes flicker over to Sanghyuk, as his mask seems to absorb into his skin. The skin starts decaying around his face. Sanghyuk looks down to find his skin following the same pattern.

Jaehwan gags, watching parts fall off to reveal decaying muscles and yellow bone. He looks around, watching most of the other partygoers suffer through the same treatment. Plastic changes to flesh, fibers to fur and hair, and metallic coverings to hard metal. The final toll rings out as the final changes take place.

Jaehwan turns back to Sanghyuk. The creature which remains stumbles reaching out to him. Jaehwan steps back, bumping into someone new. He jumps, and turns to find a large figure looming over him. He panics, and takes off running from the party. Creatures around him take notice, and start chasing after him.

Jaehwan gulps, pushing up into a sprint. He outruns most of the horrifying creatures behind him. A few keep his pace, wandering off when they smell something new.

Eternity seems to pass for Jaehwan before he's alone. He slows down, moving to lean against a wall. He sinks to the ground, not caring if his outfit gets dirty. He runs fingers through his hair, attempting to regain his breath. He tilts his head, panting heavily. His mind enters a state of mess.

He doesn't know how any of the people changed. He doesn't know why. He wants to know why he seemed to be the only one who wasn't affected. Questions like those cloud his mind. That is until a small prick at his neck pulls him from them all.

"Don't move you demon," a deep voice growls. Jaehwan stiffens, instantly recognizing the voice.

"Wonshik?" He asks, as his breathing increases in rate.

"How do you know my name?" He asks, stepping around to step in front of Jaehwan. Jaehwan's eyes flicker up, trained on Wonshik's face, with tears starting to swell inside.

"Wonshik. It's me. Jaehwan. The cute main vocal," Jaehwan whispers, slowly pulling up hands to rock them near his cheeks. He puffs out his cheeks, pouting at Wonshik. Wonshik squints, glaring down at him.

"You're mortal," He voices, growling after. Jaehwan nods, allowing a tear to fall. The sword is removed from his neck. Wonshik kneels before him. He cups the wound, muttering something under his breath. A warm feeling passes through Jaehwan, accompanied with a gold glow. Jaehwan cups his neck once Wonshik pulls away. No trace remains.

"H-How?" He whispers, looking up from his hand. That's when he notices how Wonshik has changed.

The clothing on his body has changed to a pure, starch white. The once toy sword glows gold from the silver metal. Inky black tattoos have been replaced by slightly glowing golden runes. They run up and down Wonshik's exposed arms, almost shining through the fabric. But the biggest thing for Jaehwan is the wings. Large, cream wings stretching out farther than Wonshik's arms could ever possibly reach. They pulse calmly, almost matching a heartbeat.

"I'm an angel. It's that simple human," Wonshik answers, looking around the area. "It is not safe. Come with me. If you see me, you see demons; and if you see the demons, they see you."

Jaehwan stands, shaking on his feet. He holds his arms, looking up at Wonshik. He follows after Wonshik, shivering from both cold and fear. He pulls up his onesie, forcing it tighter around his body. Wonshik pauses, turning to him. He reaches a hand out, angling his body to Jaehwan. Jaehwan grabs his hand, before being pulled into Wonshik's chest. The wings surround him, making him feel small.

"Relax. You're safe in my wings," Wonshik mutters, smiling at him. Jaehwan calms, as Wonshik brushes a hair from his face. Warmth enters Jaehwan's being, as Wonshik smiles at him. "You're kinda cute."

Jaehwan snaps his head up. He pants, and pulls away from Wonshik's touch. The cold returns to his skin, as he breaks away from Wonshik's hold. "You have a boyfriend."

"I've only met you as a mortal," Wonshik speaks, moving closer. Jaehwan steps back, shaking his head. Wonshik sighs, turning away.

"I'll take this as a no," he mumbles, marching on. His steps turn wide, and Jaehwan struggles to keep up. They walk, back to the party from where they came. Jaehwan sighs, trying to ignore the small, visible, white puffs which come with it. Wonshik stops, causing Jaehwan to bump into the wings. Wonshik looks up, unsheathing his sword.

A figure jumps out at them. Wonshik swings his sword up, hitting their chest. Jaehwan looks down at the man before him. The skin heals, creating a small scar. The black woolen fabric remains open. "H-Hongbin?" He gasps, backing away.

Hongbin turns to him. Cross shaped pupils glare at him. He growls, charging at Jaehwan with pure animalistic instinct. Wonshik moves in front of Jaehwan. He forces Hongbin back, spreading his wings wide.

A sharp whistle rings in the air. Hongbin turns, running to the pair walking to them. Wonshik snarls, fixing his grip on his sword. "A vampire and a fallen. It's a miracle you still have your wings."

Jaehwan looks up at the pair. He gasps out, watching them move around. "Hakyeon? Taekwoon?" Hakyeon turns to him, smirking evilly. His black hair is styled perfectly, framing his pale face. Sharp fangs are extended over his revealed teeth. His suit fits his body, perfectly showing off his ual appeal. He hand rests on Hongbin's head, playing with his hair.

Taekwoon glances at Jaehwan, scoffing at him. His black clothing hides him in the dark. Black runes cover his exposed skin, crawling up his neck and wrists. They seem to absorb light, pulling him into further darkness. Ebony wings sprout from his back. Jaehwan realizes that he's the exact opposite of Wonshik.

"A simple human? He's not worth protecting. I thought you angels knew better," Hakyeon speaks, tilting his head.

"I protect all humans from the likes of you three," Wonshik growls. Taekwoon scoffs again, rolling his eyes. He unsheathes his own sword, charging at Wonshik. Wonshik brings his back up, easily blocking the blow. Hakyeon pushes on Hongbin's head, forcing him to attack Wonshik.

Hakyeon turns to Jaehwan, after watching the three fight for a while. Jaehwan blinks at him, before he disappears. A hand rubs his shoulder, before Hakyeon appears before him. Gold eyes pierce into his soul. "Such a cute human. Tell me, what's your blood type?" Jaehwan shakes, as Hakyeon pushes him against a wall. "Come now. Don't be like this. I'll kill you faster if you just say it."

"A-AB-B," Jaehwan stutters, flinching away. Hakyeon hums, moving his head down. It rubs against his neck.

"You smell sweet," he mutters, kissing the skin over Jaehwan's pulsing vein.

"I eat a lot of candy," Jaehwan speaks, as a sharp prick enters his neck. Hakyeon pulls a hand up, cupping Jaehwan's jaw. He moans against his neck, drinking greedily. Jaehwan's eyes clench shut in pain, as he grabs at anything stable. His fingers wrap around Hakyeon's undershirt, as his legs weaken.

Hakyeon pulls back, the top of his shirt and the area around his mouth are both bloody. He smiles, before slicing his fingertip. He bleeds onto Jaehwan's neck. Jaehwan blinks, groaning out in pain. Hakyeon at the wound, humming happily.

"I think I'll keep you. You seem to be resilient," he speaks. Jaehwan's vision blurs. Another high pitched whistle reaches his ears. Hongbin runs up to them. He growls at Jaehwan, before he's hit over the head by Hakyeon. He whimpers, casting his eyes downward.

"Carry him. Don't harm him," Hakyeon demands, turning to the fight. "I'll be taking my leave Taekwoon. You know where to find me." He turns around, before walking away. Hongbin picks up Jaehwan's weaker form, following after. They walk around the buildings for a minute, before reaching the party house.

Jaehwan groans, recognizing the building. He attempts to wiggle from Hongbin's hold. The arms around him grow tighter. Jaehwan stops, and curls into a smaller ball. They walk inside, past the group of other previously partygoers. They walk up the stairs into a small bedroom. A body lays on the bed. Hakyeon clicks his tongue, and pushes it off.

"Incubi and succubi, always leaving messes," he spits, snapping at the bed. Hongbin unceremoniously dumps Jaehwan's body into the bed. Jaehwan groans out in pain, allowing his eyes to droop. "Such a cute human." Hakyeon brushes back Jaehwan's hair, smiling at him. Hongbin growls from his spot on the wall. Hakyeon chuckles, and walks over to him. "You're a cute doll." He pecks Hongbin's lips, pulling back after.

"Go outside for a moment Hongbin. I'm hungry again," he speaks, walking back to Jaehwan's body. The door opens and closes, as Hakyeon crawls over Jaehwan. His hand cups his neck. "I wouldn't normally do this, but your blood is so sweet and addictive."

"Please don't," Jaehwan begs weakly, attempting to move away. Hakyeon pins him down, hissing at him.

"You are mine human. You'll be my meal for as long as I say you will," he growls, forcing Jaehwan still in fear. Jaehwan gulps, before Hakyeon bites at his neck. His vision blurs, feeling everything numb to pain. Black spots take over his sight, before he collapses completely.

"," Hakyeon curses, pulling his fangs from his neck. He shakes Jaehwan, earning a weak groan. Hakyeon growls lowly, cracking his neck. His brings his wrist up to his bloody lips. He bites his skin, forcing it to bleed. He presses it to Jaehwan's lips. Jaehwan shakes his head. Hakyeon's fingers weave into his hair, forcing his head up. Jaehwan lets it pool in his mouth. Hakyeon shoves his wrist further down, making Jaehwan swallow. He sighs, as Jaehwan's breathing and sight returns to normal.

Hakyeon pulls back, before his wound heals itself. Jaehwan curls into a ball, as the bitter taste lingers in his mouth. "It should only be a few hours for you to change. I'm sorry about this. You'll be awake the whole time, too," Hakyeon speaks, as Jaehwan slowly sits up. He coughs, blinking up at him. Hakyeon stands, opening the window. He smiles, watching the moon.

"Hongbin, come back in here," Hakyeon commands, loud enough for him to hear. The door opens and closes, and Hongbin walks to his side. Hakyeon cups his cheek, smiling at him. "You'll have another master soon. Treat him like you'd treat me, but remember that I'm your first."

Hongbin nods, turning to Jaehwan. "Yes, him." He nods, and walks over to him. He growls, when Jaehwan rises to shaking feet. "Hongbin."

He stops, as Jaehwan feels his body slowly return to normal. "What did you do to me?"

"I am making you like me. Your body must heal first. Let me know when you feel the burning," Hakyeon answers, leaning his arms on the window.

"What burning are you—?"

Jaehwan stumbles to the floor. He pants, mouth going dry. "That took less time than expected. Should only be a few hours now," Hakyeon speaks, cupping his cheek. He pulls back from Jaehwan's burning skin. Jaehwan blinks, before rubbing at his skin.

"It hurts," he whispers, scratching at his skin. All the feelings of cold from the outside are replaced by an ever-burning fire. He gasps out, his lips. He scratches his skin, watching it bleed for only seconds.

"Hongbin, go find him a meal. He'll be thirsty. Take and remove that body with you," Hakyeon demands, as the window remains open. Jaehwan gasps out, scratching more at his skin. Long slashes appear and heal before his eyes. He stares at his hands, watching black nails grow out.

Hakyeon sighs, and moves out of the window. He crawls up and out of Jaehwan's sight. Jaehwan stumbles over to the window. He grabs the ledge, breaking it as he tightens his grip. He falls down to his knees, panting out loud.

"Oh no."

Jaehwan looks up. Blurred vision focuses on Wonshik's pure white figure. Wonshik sheathes his sword, slipping inside the room.

"H-How d-did you f-find me?" Jaehwan stutters, facing him. Wonshik pulls him to the bed, sitting him down.

"Fallen are traitors. To angels. To vampires. To any alliance. They have only their interests at what remains of theirs hearts," he explains, cupping Jaehwan's neck. Jaehwan gasps out. It should be warm, but it freezes his skin. Wonshik hisses, before muttering under his breath.

Freezing cold enters his body. Jaehwan shivers, as Wonshik closes his eyes. Words flow from his mouth, in tongues Jaehwan doesn't recognize. He shakes, as the words become louder.

"You can't save him. He's envenomed," Hakyeon speaks, sitting on the windowsill. Wonshik turns to him, removing his hand.

"He is still human. I will prevent the change," he speaks, pulling out his sword. Jaehwan blinks, and a body presses against his back.

"I could have just killed him. I'm just turning him," Hakyeon breathes, cupping Jaehwan's neck. "It's a shame. He was so sweet."

"Fight me, you vampire," Wonshik demands, as Hakyeon speeds out of sight again.

"Find me first," Hakyeon whispers, before speeding off. Wonshik throws his sword down, facing Jaehwan again. Jaehwan blinks up at him.

"Allow me once before I lose your cute face," he whispers, cupping his neck.

"You have a boyfriend," Jaehwan reminds, shifting away. Wonshik sighs, pushing him against a wall near the window. Jaehwan gasps out, shrinking down.

"I have only met and had eyes for you," Wonshik whispers, tilting his head. Jaehwan pants, before Wonshik's lips gently cover his own. The brush lasts for a moment, despite Wonshik moving closer. Jaehwan pushes him away. Wonshik flies across the room, hitting the other wall.

"I said no, and that you had a boyfriend!" Jaehwan screams, watching Wonshik sink to the ground. He gasps out, looking at his hands. They shake, as he sinks down to the floor. Wonshik groans, his eyes flickering.

"Come on. The human will be in too much of a daze to remember, and the angel will be gone by now," Hakyeon speaks, pulling a figure in with him.

"Alright."

Jaehwan looks up to find black wings surrounding the two. They fold back, revealing the pair kissing slowly. "I swear you're part incubus or something."

"Nope. I'm just really y," Hakyeon says, pulling him back down. Taekwoon chuckles, before smiling coyly.

"That you are," he agrees, looking beyond him. He scowls, and unsheathes his sword.

"What?" Hakyeon asks, turning around. He notices Wonshik against the wall, frowning after. "What happened angel? Fall asleep?"

"Your mortal is too strong," Wonshik growls, standing up. He holds his side, moving over to his sword. He grabs it, slowly spreading his wings.

"He did this to you?" Hakyeon asks, walking to Jaehwan. "Maybe this was a smart idea."

"I will kill you," Wonshik growls, swinging his sword at him. Taekwoon reacts unsheathing his and blocking in the same move. Jaehwan watches them fight with pure hatred on both their features. He stands, moving closer to them.

"Stop," he mutters, as their wings fold against their backs. "Stop." They keep going, slowly injuring one another. "Stop!"

They both face him. Swords pressed together. "Wonshik, he's your boyfriend. I've seen your guys love, and it's so beautiful. This is not how you guys are," Jaehwan whispers, starting to cry. Taekwoon pulls back, growling at him.

"Do you think I could ever love an angel?" He speaks, turning to him. Wonshik prepares his stance.

"I could say the same with you," he agrees, lunging at him. Tears streak down Jaehwan's face.

"Why are we all like this?" He mutters, watching them fight again. Hakyeon laughs, as Taekwoon stops over Wonshik. He wanders over, swaying his hips.

"That's a good job Taekwoon. How about a reward? We can finish what we started," he mutters, causing Taekwoon's cheeks to turn pink.

Jaehwan can't take it anymore. He stumbles to the window, looking back at the trio. He jumps out, landing easily on the ground. He rubs his wrist, walking away from the building. The heat increases slowly, burning his skin under the freezing air. He walks in a different direction, ignoring the path from before.

"I just wanted to go home," he cries, feeling tear fall down his face. He wipes them away, as he marches along. He looks at his watch, frowning at it. "So early, and all this bull."

Jaehwan leans against a random wall. He turns, pushing it with a scream. A dent forms, and Jaehwan sinks down. He screams again, hitting the ground. A crack shatters out, and he hits it again. He sniffles, looking around. He rubs his skin, feeling the heat return to the surface.

A figure stumbles out, limping over to Jaehwan. Jaehwan looks up, noticing a familiar state of decay. He stands, shaking in heat. "Sanghyuk. Please go away." A groan responds, as Sanghyuk stumbles closer. Jaehwan shakes his head, and walks away. Sanghyuk's hand latches onto his shoulder, and Jaehwan pushes him away. He staggers back, before advancing again.

A figure jumps from the darkness, knocking Sanghyuk down. Hongbin growls, pinning him to the cold concrete below. Jaehwan jumps back, watching the two. "Stop!" They don't listen, continuing to fight. Jaehwan walks at them, pulling them apart. They fly, hitting opposite walls. Spines crack, preventing them both from moving.

"Hongbin, go to Hakyeon. Don't you dare tell him or show him where I am," Jaehwan growls, turning to Sanghyuk.

"He doesn't need to."

Hakyeon steps out, walking over to Hongbin. He pets his head, kissing his cheek. Taekwoon steps out after, pulling Wonshik out behind him.

"I can't win," Jaehwan mutters, as Hakyeon walks over to him.

"It's slowing. I think you need more blood," he speaks, pushing him down. He straddles Jaehwan, slicing his wrist. He opens Jaehwan's mouth, forcing him to drink more.

"No!" Wonshik yells, struggling against his bindings. "You'll kill him!"

Hakyeon turns to him, smirking evilly. "I don't care."

Jaehwan's vision turns red. His blood pounds in his ears. Hakyeon moves off him, smirking at him. Jaehwan moves into a crouching position. One of his hands rests on the ground. He breathes through his mouth, regulating his exhales. He inhales through his nose, smelling something sweet.

Hakyeon leans on Taekwoon's shoulder. "Look, he's smelling the world. I'm so proud," he speaks, smiling happily.

"No," Wonshik whispers, shaking his head. Jaehwan stands, shaking on his feet. They grow steady, and his hands curl into fists. He looks up, looking eyes with Hakyeon. They darken, flecks of gold appearing. Jaehwan lunges at Hakyeon, growling at him.

Hakyeon dodges easily. Jaehwan hits the wall. Taekwoon pulls on Hakyeon's arm, pointing across the skyline. Hakyeon's eyes widen, nodding at him. Jaehwan tackles him in his distraction. He pins him down, watching the sun creep up.

"We'll die!" Hakyeon hisses, hitting his chest. Jaehwan hisses at him, pushing him into the ground. He watches the sunlight slowly creep into the alleyway. It covers Wonshik, before covering Taekwoon. Jaehwan watches their wings turn back to the fake feathers.

Hongbin and Sanghyuk are taken next. Skin returns to plastic and makeup. Hakyeon struggles under Jaehwan. Jaehwan growls, as sunlight heats them both. He rolls off Hakyeon, completely exposing them both. Jaehwan pants, as he slowly returns to normal. He curls into a ball, watching the rest.

Taekwoon unties Wonshik's wrists, rubbing them slowly. Wonshik smiles, pecking his lips. Sanghyuk pulls off his mask, shaking his head. Hongbin stands, stumbling over to Hakyeon. Jaehwan smiles, before succumbing to sleep.



 

Jaehwan watches his group interact around the dorm. He sighs, leaning against the door. Taekwoon plays with Wonshik's hair, as Wonshik lays on him. Hakyeon lays on the floor, talking with Hongbin and Sanghyuk. Jaehwan steps out, and they all look up at him.

"Hey, Jaehwan. Question—"

"You wouldn't believe me," Jaehwan whispers, shaking his head. He starts to walk away. Hakyeon's hand grabs at his ankle. Jaehwan tenses, resisting the urge to scream.

"You need to tell us," Hakyeon whispers, almost in the same voice. Jaehwan kicks at the hand, before sprinting away. He leans against a wall, panting heavily. He sinks to the floor, pulling his legs up.

"Why is this what you always do? You're afraid of us and we don't know why!" Hakyeon snaps, walking over to him. Jaehwan shakes, sniffling weakly.

"I-I don't know why it started," he whispers, as Hakyeon sits beside him. "You all changed, and I just ran. Wonshik found me first, called me a demon, hurt and then healed me once he realized I wasn't. We went back to the party. That's when you found me. You feed from me, as Taekwoon and Hongbin fought Wonshik. You changed me, tried to me like you. It was horrible. All of you attacked me. Do you have any idea what that is like?"

Jaehwan shakes harder. Tears streak down his face. "A-And after a while, I ended up attacking you. That's most of what I happened. That's why I panic when you all touch me. I don't care if you believe me. That's what happened."

Hakyeon opens and closes his mouth. He reaches slowly around Jaehwan. He pulls him close, rubbing his shoulder. Jaehwan sniffles, curling in closer. Warmth covers him, as more members hug him. He smiles, as he slowly stops shaking. Exhaustion overtakes him, and he enters a state of calm, warm, oblivion.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Four thousands words. That is a lot of words. But here it is. I like my ships. I wish you all a happy halloween~!! (-<) <3 ^_^