001

Crush on You

It was eight p.m. when Zifeng waited for his older brother, Yixing, to pick her up at the bus shelter. She just had a meeting with her friends at a food court. Zifeng would move to Beijing tomorrow and her friends made a farewell party for her since they would not meet each other again at the new term of their study in this year. Her friends had been leaving one by one since they ended the party so Zifeng was alone at the time, waiting patiently for her older brother.

As Zifeng waited for Yixing, there was a bus stopped at the shelter she was. There were a few people got off the bus and one of them walked drunkenly towards Zifeng. The girl did not even know about the man’s existence until she turned her eyes and caught a glimpse of the man. Zifeng frowned at the man when he was already standing in front of her and suddenly he caressed the girl’s cheek which made her widened her eyes in shock.

“Are you waiting for me, pretty girl?” asked the man to ZIfeng as he pinched her cheek’s lightly.

Zifeng’s breath hitched with the man’s action then she put his hand away and stood up. She felt scared in a sudden. She looked at her surrounding and found no one to be asked for help. Then she looked at the man again with scare. “W-would you… please l-leave me alone, S-sir?” she stuttered as she moved away from the man, but without her expectation, he grabbed her wrist tightly. “Sir, p-please…” Zifeng begged as she tried to free her wrist from the man.

The man chuckled to hear Zifeng’s begging. “Why do I have to?” he asked as he looked at the girl with half-closed eyes. “Let’s go to my house and have some fun before I leave you alone.” Then he pulled Zifeng’s wrist to follow him.

Zifeng was already crying as she kept on trying to free her wrist by pulling herself. “No… please, don’t…” she sniffed then she looked around, looking for help but there was no one. “Please, let me go!” she shouted in frustration.

“Why are you so stubborn?!” shouted the man. Then he pulled Zifeng even harder.

Zifeng did not have any idea with what she should do. Her mind went blank and she did not stop crying. But then she had an urge to scream for help, no matter there would be someone hear it or not. “PLEASE, SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!”

Hearing that scream, the man was angry at Zifeng. He was about to close with his hand, but before he could do that, someone already hit him from behind, making him fall down on the ground. Before he could get up, the new comer, who was much younger than the man, had already hit him again and made the man fall for twice.

“Do you want to get a hit again from me?” asked the boy to the man, who could barely stand up with his feet. Before the boy could make a move again to the man, the latter hurriedly ran away. “Such a coward!” the boy said.

Zifeng was shock with everything happened in front of her. It was so fast that she thought it was just a nightmare. But when she pinched her hand, she felt hurt. It’s not a dream, Zi! She thought. Then she looked at the person who had saved her. “T-thank you for…”

“Are you alright?” asked the person as he looked at Zifeng worriedly, cutting Zifeng’s words. “Why are you alone at this time? Oh!" his eyes stopped at the lower body. "Wow… no wonder he wanted to take you.”

Zifeng frowned at the boy’s words, but she remained silent as she paid attention at every gesture he made. Then the boy took off his jacket and tied it around Zifeng’s hips. “H-hey… what’s this for?” Zifeng asked confusedly.

“It’s for covering your thighs,” replied the boy after he finished tying the jacket. “Who told you to wear that mini skirt, huh? Don’t wear it again next time!”

“W-well, I…”

“Where do you live?”

“Huh?”

The boy rolled his eyes. “I want to take you home,” he explained. “It’s dangerous for you to be alone now with this kind of clothes you’re wearing.”

“Y-you don’t have to t-take me home,” Zifeng still stuttered in reply. “M-my gege will be coming soon.”

“Gege?” the boy repeated with a frown.

Zifeng nodded. “H-he said he would pick me up,” she said. And not long after that, her phone rang. It was an incoming call from Yixing. “Hello, ge. Oh, you’ve arrived?” Zifeng turned her head to the shelter she used to wait for her brother. “I’m going to go there now. Bye!” After she put her phone back to her bag, Zifeng looked at the boy again in thankfulness and embarrassment. “Thank you for saving me,” Zifeng bowed at the boy. “I’ll be going to meet my gege. He has waited for me at the bus shelter,” she said as she pointed at the bus shelter not so far away from their place.

The boy looked at Zifeng’s direction and he found a man standing there. “Take care of yourself more next time,” he said to Zifeng. “And don’t ever to wear provocative clothes again, got it?”

Zifeng chuckled. The boy’s words did not make her upset, but grateful instead. She liked his concern to her in fact even though she did not know why she felt that way. “I will and I won’t. Bye!” After she gave the boy her last goodbye, she jogged to the bus shelter to meet her brother.

“Where have you been?” asked Yixing once Zifeng showed up at his sight. “You said you’d wait for me here, but…” his words cut off since his little sister gave him a sudden tight hug. “H-hey… what’s happened?” he asked to Zifeng worriedly as he tried to free his body to look at his little sister properly.

“You came late,” Zifeng said as she tightened her hug. She buried her face on Yixing’s chest to prevent her sob. She was still scared with what had happened to her that she wanted to be in his older brother’s hug. Then she lifted up her face to see Yixing’s face. “Please, don’t be late again, eung?”

Yixing was hypnotized by Zifeng’s pleading face that made him nod. Then he realized that his little sister’s eyes were swollen and there were stains of tears on her cheeks. “Were you crying?” he asked. “Hey, hey… what’s happened exactly? Tell me!” said Yixing as he put his palms on Zifeng’s cheeks.

Zifeng chuckled then she shook her head. She did not want to tell Yixing the truth since it would hurt her again. She did not even want to remember it again, but she did not want to forget a boy who had saved her. Then she broke the hug and turned her face to the direction where she was helped by the boy. She wanted to see him for the last time, but the boy was not there already so she sighed in disappointed. I should have asked your name, she thought. Who are you?

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” asked Yixing, snapping Zifeng out of her train of thought. Then his eyes caught something unfamiliar on his little sister. “Whose jacket is that?” he asked as he pointed at a jacked on Zifeng’s hips. “I don’t remember you have one like this.”

“My friend lends me,” answered Zifeng, lying, as she looked at the jacket and had a grip on it. “Let’s go home, ge!” she exclaimed cheerfully.

“Okay,” Yixing said. “Oh! That’s our bus,” he pointed at a coming bus and not long after that, they had been in a bus, sitting next to each other. “Have you packed your things?” Yixing asked to Zifeng. “We’ll move to Beijing tomorrow. Don’t miss a thing, you know?”

“I know,” Zifeng replied then she sighed heavily. She hated the fact that her family should move to another city since their father’s company wanted him to work in that city. Does it mean I won’t meet him again? She thought as the boy’s face came up to her mind. What a pity! Then she untied the jacket from her hips and had a proper look on it. Wow, what a cool jacket he has! She praised. Her eyes then stopped at the words printed on the left of the chest side of the jacket. The name was Wang Jun Kai. She frowned at the name for a while. Is it the boy’s name?

 

***

 

“I’m home~” said Qianxi once he entered his Uncle’s house.

“Welcome home!” greeted Aunt Mei, his uncle’s wife, with a wide smile. “Had a nice night-walk, huh?”

Qianxi chuckled at Aunt Mei’s question. He did not think that fighting with a drunken man could summarize his night-walk nice. “It’s so-so,” he said. “But I have a lot of fun time here to spend my holiday. Auntie and Uncle take care of me so much and I’m so grateful for that. Thank you,” then he bowed politely at his aunt.

“Aww, you’re so cute! But, don’t be too polite~” said Aunt Mei.

“Yes, or I’ll be jealous,” suddenly Uncle Jin, Qianxi’s uncle, appeared. He smiled at Qianxi and then hugged her wife tightly by her shoulder. “We’ve considerate you as our own son and we’re happy you want to spend your holiday in here.”

Qianxi smiled in thankfulness at his aunt and uncle. Suddenly, his phone rang. “I have to pick up the call,” he said as he excused himself to his room. After he read the caller’s ID, Qianxi picked up the call. “Hi, Xuezhang (re: senior)!”

“How many times I need to warn you not to call me that way,” said the person on the other line with an annoyed tone. “Just call me gege, will you?”

Qianxi laughed faintly then he nodded. “Okay,” he said playfully. “Why are you calling me?”

“Well, I just want to know whether you have a nice holiday or not,” the person said. “I was calling to your house and then your mother picked it up and told me that you’re in Henan. How could you have go to another country without telling me at the first place?”

Qianxi’s laughter got louder after hearing the person’s question. “Why should I do that?”

“Because I’m your xuezhang~” said the person casually. “Ok, just enjoy your holiday as much as you want, but remember! You have to go back to Beijing next three days. We’ll have a meeting with the members of student council at school to talk about the welcoming ceremony for the freshmen. And don’t forget to bring my jacket along with you too.”

Qianxi’s eyes went wide when he heard a word of jacket then he slapped his forehead. “Mmm… ge, sorry, but… I lost your jacket…” he said in guilty.

“WHAT?!” exclaimed the person. “How could you lost it?! Man, that’s my favorite one, you know?!” he grumbled at Qianxi in annoyance. “I purposely lent it to you because I believed you wouldn’t mess it up, but now? Man, you’re disappointing me…”

“Ge, I’m so sorry…” said Qianxi in a sulking tone, hoping that he would lure the person’s heart that way. “I’ll buy a new jacket for you, cooler than your old jacket.”

“With my name printed on it?”

“Huh? Y-yeah… with your name,” QIanxi was so surprised with the person’s request. He thought he would refuse his idea, but he accepted it easily.

“Deal! You have to bring it at the day of the meeting at school or I won’t forgive you.”

“Okay,” said Qianxi simply. Your favorite you say, but you don’t mind it to have a new one when it’s gone, huh? What kind of person are you? He thought. “Is there something else you want to talk to me again, ge?”

 

***

an update! ok, it's so late and I'm so sorry for that...*bow* T^T

but I hope you'll enjoy what I've typed above keke...