02: WHO AM I?

CHANCES

On our last date,
Flashback

"Mom, I'm leaving"

I walked out of the house in hurry since he's been waiting for how long which I don't even know. His name is Wonho, Shin Wonho. He's my first ever boyfriend and I hope that he's also the last man in my life.

"Hey,"

I walked into the passenger's seat and glanced at the side mirror. I'd always wanted to look good in front of him, especially when he's this closed with me.

"So, where are we heading to?"

He looked at me before focusing back on the road.

"I don't know, how about you?"
"Hmmm, lets grab some food first since I'm sure that you haven't had your lunch yet."

He nodded slowly and I couldn't help smiling from staring at his side profile. I started telling him how's my week went on. He just nodded slightly at my stories. Maybe, he's tired and I should just be grateful for his presence. We arrived at a café that seemed very calm from the outside.

"Wonho-ya~ are you coming?"

I knocked on his window and pouted. He seemed a bit lost but I'm positive that he just needed some tasty food to light up his mood. I grabbed his wrist and walked together into the café. The waiter greeted us with a warm smile and locate us nearby the window.

"Are you alright, is there anything you want to talk about?"

I hold his hand and play with his long fingers.

"There's something I wanted to tell you and I should've told you before..."

I nodded in replied. I'm a bit scared of what's coming but I should be his shoulder to cry on. He caressed my hands gently and looked straight in my eyes.

"You're the most beautiful girl in the universe and there's no one in this world that could loved you like I did"

I was so touched that I can't hold my tears back. I wiped my tears and smiled at him. The waiters must be thinking that I'm such a crybaby but I just can't help it.

"But that was in the past, and everything has changed. At some point, I didn't feel anything whenever you're in front of me."

It really hit me like tons of bullet from a gun. I thought that I'd cried of happiness but I was wrong.

"Stop,"
"I know that It'll make you sad and cry.."
"Stop it"

I removed my hands from him and cupped my face trying to stop my tears from rolling down my reddened cheeks.

"This would be the last time that you'd cried because of me and I want you to know that hiding the truth would make you suffer."

I shook my head and look outside the window because looking at him will make my heart ache more that I could imagined.

"I think we just need some time out,"

I looked at him sincerely. I knew that our relationship could be healed with times and efforts. I stood up and walked out of the cafe before he could say anything.

"Wait,"

I walked to the nearest bus stop and took any bus that drove by. I just need to be away from him. Id hope that he would give our relationship a chance because I'm not giving up on us.

End of flashback

It was three in the morning when I received a call from him. It took me a few calls before I'd finally gave in and picked it up.

"Speak"

He gave me a few seconds of silenced before speaking up.

"I'm sorry, I understand if you hate me but can we end it in peace?"
"It? What am I to you?"
"...."
"Answer me Wonho, one of your choices?"
"I don't want any further arguments with you"

I wiped the tears that keeps falling down my cheeks.

"Fine, neither do I"

I was about to end the conversation when he told me to meet him tomorrow at my favorite cafe. I knew that I'm strong enough to face him at least, as a stranger. I felt a bit dizzy and the room temperature seemed to decrease drastically. I pulled the comforter above my head and forced myself to sleep.


I haven't decided on the main guy character. So, who did you prefer the most?