That One Cup

Seuldy Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Conversations were pretty hard for Seulgi.

She was the type that knew too much and comes off like a dumb person for answering. It wasn’t that Seulgi lacked the intelligence.

It was the opposite really.

Seulgi was one of the best in her field and people knew that.

They knew how bad her social skills were too. Seulgi was the type to expand an answer which required a yes or no. It technically was the cause of her embarrassment in most cases.

Sometimes her friends poked fun of every now and then.

Seulgi was working on one of the biggest project programs in the office when she was called by a colleague.

The question slightly amused the people because in essence, it wasn’t even related to work.

“Have you decided what you are going to wear to the party?” Joy asked turning her seat around.

“Would a purple polo work with a champagne tie?” Seulgi answered but not really sure what a champagne colored tie was.

She just asked the sales lady for it.

“Drop the polo. I know she likes that but please. You’re way passed the woman.”

That woman, the woman who must not be named

Seulgi rolled her eyes knowing how much they hated her ex-womanfriend. Her friends never met the woman so for them to say that, well, it still hurt Seulgi.

“Please don’t say that. I bought it because I could wear the polo to the office. I can just do a black on black thing…”

“That’s a bit better…” Yeri replied moving on to her work.

Taeyeon, their boss, came up to Seulgi, smiling as the conversation already died.

“So you’re off tomorrow?”

Everybody had their eyes on Seulgi who felt like moving into the box beneath her desk. It’s not like she had to tell them about when she’ll be taking up a vacation leave. Yeri knew since she was the back up. But then again, why should they care?

“Yes. I can’t postpone it.”

“Daegu again? Please… Do you have to really visit that woman again?”

Seulgi ignored the comment merely went back to work.

It was a fact. Seulgi hasn’t dated anyone since Joohyun. Joohyun was still contacting her and her friends knew it. But the relationship was a little destructive. Their long distance relationship practically always ended up with arguments each day.

It doesn’t help the Seulgi could be a person that easily got stressed about it. Imagine her friends thanking the heavens when they broke up.

“Hey… You remember Wendy?” Yeri asked out of the blue.

Everyone in the team had their eyes on her again.

“Yes… I remember…”

Wendy… Oh sweet Wendy. She was that sweet barista who had that cute smile who Seulgi wanted to ask out on a date. Seulgi met her while doing a coffee run with Yeri and has then on captured the taller woman’s attention.

She fixed Seulgi with 8 pumps of vanilla for her coffee making it Seulgi’s usual.

If asked why she never tried anything with Wendy, there were two things on mind.

Number one, Joohyun

She was with Joohyun at the time so anything romantic with another person was cheating. Seulgi was not one to cheat so she kept that little crush to herself.

Number two, Joy

Her friend Joy dated the woman for a few days but grew tired and was now dating Yeri. It was never a bro’s code and Joy was even more than willing to introduce her.

So then, what was really the problem?

Seulgi felt she was too awkward to date again. It didn’t help that Joohyun nagged her about how she looked and how she acted like a kid.

“She actually asked for you. Asked if you were okay…”

“Tell her I’m fine. And thanks for forcing her to do the picture message.” Seulgi smiled and removed her glasses.

Her friends had casually sent a picture of the barista holding a note saying “Get Well Soon Seulgi” and tagging it on her social media account. It was a miracle that Joohyun didn’t raise it up for argument because they were still together at the time.

“I’m going out to get some air. Who wants coffee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter