Confusing

Memories

"Nam that's not what i meant. Don't arggg.... Don't walk away" Earn chased after Nam. Things has not been great between them two. They fallout almost on a daily basis, if not face to face then over the phone. It seems like a never ending mystery. Whenever Earn mentions memories of when they were together, Nam always gets angry. She never explains why, she just looks sullen and numb. Earn hates it when she gives him the cold shoulder.

 

Earn holds on to Nam's wrist. "Nam, talk to me, why are you angry with me? What did i do?" Staying silent, Nam twists her arm out of Earn's hold. She turns around and looks up at him.

 

"I don't know how to take this anymore Earn." Nam speaks calmly. "its been going on for too long"

 

Earn frowns. This again? Nam says the same thing again and again, always about how she can't take it anymore  and about how she can't tell Earn why. How am i suppose to know when i don't even have clue what the hell is going on?

 

"Then tell me what's wrong so I can change. I don't want to loose you again Nam. Please tell me, whatever I did I'll change" Earn begs. Nam just slowly shakes her head as tears fall down her face. "Nam, tell me what's wrong, i don't want to see you like this"

 

Nam's tears flows down her cheeks before she is able to hide it. She cups her eyes to regain some sort of control. They both stay silent and all they could hear is Nam's sniffles. Wiping her tears away, Nam says to herself out loud "I have to leave. I need to leave" she turns away and takes large strides to the door.

 

"Nam!"

 

" stay away from me for a while Earn." Nam shouts. The door slams shut and loud foot steps echoes down the corridor.

 

"F**k!" Earn runs his hands through his hair, pulling hard to vent his frustration. He slumps on his bed, wraps his duvet over his head and tries to shut the world out.

 

 

 

Earn has experience in shutting the world out. He's trained in the ability to work sleep work sleep then..... Work and sleep. After Nam broke up with him last time, he would avoid going out, he would come straight home after work and grab a beer, drink it till he gets bored enough to sleep. Then repeat. Earn didn't realise he was getting himself in to the same routine again.

 

Earn wakes up and checks his clock. Its 9pm, who the f**k would call me. Earn looks at his freakily bright phone and sees Noh's name in capitals. Noh ...... I could just ignore it, done it so many times already..... Ah that's probably also another reason to answer it. One thing earn learnt about this hibernation routine is that its a great way to get rid of friends. Noh is just a handful of friends that survived Earn's routine.

 

"hey..." earn tried to answer the phone as normal as possible. Pretending that he has not just come home after work and slept at around 7pm.

 

"I can hear that your getting back to your old habits. You really are a panda, hibernating much?  Is it Nam again?"

 

How does he do this every time? Like he is psychic or something. Or am I that obvious? "errr, yeah things are not great. What's happening? Why did you call?" 

 

"Come out tonight, I haven't seen you for weeks."

 

"Sorry, i have to work tomorrow. I can't come out tonight." Earn replied, feeling proud of himself for remembering which day it was.

 

"........... Its Friday you dumb @ss."

 

Ok, spoke too fast.... "err yep. I have to work tomorrow, extra shifts"

 

"Get out here or I will come to your house and drag you out. Your choice" Earn can hear the smirk on Noh's face.

 

"Fine". Earn hangs up. He drags his body out of his bed and quickly showers.

 

 

"Hey your here!". Noh shouts over the music, he pats Earn on the back with one hand. Earn can tell he is slightly drunk, Phun is close by keeping a protective eye on his other half.

 

"Hey. Hey Phun." Phun smiles at him. "so what you guys doing?"

 

"what do you think we are doing. Its called socialising. Here" Noh hands a bottle to earn. "catch up!".

 

Earn stares at the bottle and takes a small sip for the sake of it. Ever since taking anti-depressants, Earn steered away from drinking. 2 type of substances that makes him feel crazy is not a great combination. Earn looks around the club. There's quite a few people around. A few regulars earn could recognize and a few new comers. Everyone looked happy either talking to friends or dancing.

 

Earn feels detached from the lively environment, all he can think of is the last time he saw Nam. The number of things he could have done to make the situation better. He can feel a headache coming on until suddenly his mind went blank when his eyes rested on someone he recognised all too well.

 

He looked good, really good. Hair swept back with minimal hair gel, as if he was naturally born with photoshoot ready hair. He was wearing a normal shirt, top button casually open and dark jeans, but he carried it off with maximum effect. What he wore accentuated his long legs and arms, strangers can easily mistake him for a model. Earn can see him smiling at a stranger and a twang of jealousy slip though his eyes. Suddenly, Earn is feeling territorial. Deciding to decode his change of focus and his feeling later, earn confidently makes long strides towards Pete. He combes his hair with his fingers, dips his head and makes sure when he gives Pete the most intense stare to catch his attention.

 

Just as Earn planed, Pete turned around and caught Earn walking towards him. Their gaze don't break as Earn makes his way from across the club. Earn knows that he's lost a lot of his muscles but it was always his confidence that attracted others. Earn can see Pete's gaze transfixed on his and containing something Earn don't recognise. Earn notices the stranger reaching one arm up to catch Pete's now lost attention. Earn slips himself between Pete's toned body and the stranger's surprisingly flabby stomach.

 

Pretending to be getting some drinks, he shouts too the bartender "two beers please". He turns to Pete and blocks the stranger's hand. Ultimate c**kblock. Feeling pleased with himself he smirks at Pete, as if to say your welcome. However, Pete's expectant look changed to disappointment.

 

In the heat of the moment, Earn forgot that this is the first time he's seen Pete since they kissed. Stuck on what to say, Earn stuttered "er.... I, I, hey"

 

"hey" Pete replies as he looks away, taking a sip of his drink all too coolly.

 

"um... So how are you? I feel like I haven't seen you for a long time"

 

"Its only been 3 days since we last saw each other" Pete keeps his gaze away from Earn. The coldness evident in his voice. Earn wonders if it has to do with the fact he has not contacted Pete after the wedding. Suddenly, he wishes he wasn't here.

 

"ah right, yeah" the bartender returns with his two beers and as way to apologise, he hands one to Pete. Without hesitation, Pete takes the drink and downs the beer. Following suit, earn takes a sip of his drink. Pete orders 2 more as he finishes the one he has. "you ok Pete? You in a drinking competition?" Earn awkwardly tries to break the tension.

 

Pete just smiles and start to drain his new bottle. "Pete, you probably show slow down."

 

Pete nods as he grabs the other bottle and starts heading towards the dance floor. "thanks for the concern friend. See you later" Earn catches Pete's mocking wink.

 

Earn watches Pete disappear amongst strangers and can't help but feel lost. F**K! First Nam and now Pete, when did everything change?