showtime.

Get Ready?

iKON's debut concert is finally in sight. It's happening tomorrow, Hanbin thought.

All of the preparation for their big day is going well, despite having to tackle a few obstacles in process. They've done a dry rehearsal earlier today. The venue seemed so grandiose, and it still feels surreal that they're finally debuting tomorrow.

Flashes of their time together spent during the Mix & Match times, how he struggled to get used to their new team dynamics when three new members stepped into his circle, these kind of memories appears in the back of his head with such clarity that it feels like he's watching a documentary. Then his memories goes way back to their time as Team B, when there was only the three of them (him, Jiwon, and Jinhwan), how he feels giddy every time YG adds up a new member until those times when they were competing in the WIN survival program against Team A (now WINNER), he still remembers how crestfallen he felt when it wasn't his team name that were announced as the winner.

His eyes are closed shut, but his mind is fully awake. Perhaps, it's the anticipation and excitement for the day that's about to come but Hanbin declares sleep as a challenge tonight. No matter how many times he switches sides, pulls his blanket up or flips his pillow, he can't sleep.

"Having trouble sleeping?" A deep voice resonates through the room. The voice sounds familiar in his ears and he realizes that it belongs to Jiwon. Only the two of them are present in the room that's supposed to occupy three people. Junhwe had fallen asleep on the couch alongside Donghyuk dozing off with his head propped against the taller's shoulder. Hanbin recalls the time those two returns to the dorm after the final line-up of iKON was announced. How the two remained completely the same with their banters and the only difference is the way their hands are linked when they stepped into the dorm.

"Mhm." comes Hanbin's curt reply. His bloodshot eyes are now open, staring at the ceiling of the bunk bed. Exhaustion is has taken over his body and he's been sleep deprived for the past few days. He'd rather practice all night long and take a short nap during daytime than waste a few hours that could've been used fo practice.

"Me too." Jiwon hums. The sound of feet shuffling against the wooden floor and the soft creak of the bed as another warm body occupies the other half of his bed startles his eyes open. He already knows who it is without looking but he wants to look. He wants to look at Hanbin to tell him that he'll be absolutely fine tomorrow because he has given his best. He wants to look at Hanbin so he can see how much he had poured all of his heart's contents into his eyes - they may be small but that's why he wants to prove that his feelings are big (only for Hanbin, the small voice inside his head whispers). He wants to look at Hanbin to see whether the younger male wants- no, needs him as much as he needs Hanbin to function properly. He wants to look at Hanbin because no one else has the privilege that he has right now, to see Hanbin in his most pure and vulnerable state. He wants to look at Hanbin simply because he can see beauty through those pair of deep brown orbs, and because he loves, loves, and loves watching Hanbin fall asleep first before he can drift to dreamland with ease.

And so he turns sideways and looks.

A faint yet still noticeable pull of one corner of Hanbin's lips greets Jiwon with a soft "Hello" and "I hope you don't mind me sharing the bed with you tonight?" along with a soft laugh that freeds itself from the seam of his lips. Jiwon's tongue feels heavy and he forgets how to speak properly, all of the words that he let out comes out as a gurgle and rubbish. But Hanbin understands his way of speaking during times like this. 

"You can't even speak properly. Gosh, remind me again why you're my boyfriend?" Hanbin asks, his head tilting to the side.

"Because.. I- because uh.." Jiwon decides to give up speaking his words because a part of his brain might have been fried or something. "I love you. And I need you." he sings a verse of Nelly's Dilemma all in his croaky voice glory, missing all of the right pitches until Hanbin shuts him up with his palm.

"The others might wake up because of your horrible singing." Hanbin whines. The last thing he wants to hear at night is a very bad rendition of a very good song. But it's Jiwon. It's his Jiwon.

"And so?" Jiwon hums and makes an attempt to bite the younger's palm.

"Hey, don't bite!" Hanbin swats his hand away while shooting daggers from his eyes. He pinches Jiwon sides as the latter flinches from the touch.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." Jiwon raises his hands up in defeat, flashing his pearly whites as his eyes disappear into a line.

And Hanbin's annoyance fades away just like that. "I want to sleep." he mumbles against the soft cotton of Jiwon's shirt. Jiwon smells like freshly done laundry, musk, and a tad of vanilla from the body wash he accidentally bought last month.

"Then go to sleep, love." Jiwon mutters in his low voice, his chin sitting atop Hanbin's head. He realizes that they only have four more hours until they have to wake up and go straight to the venue for another rehearsal.

"What did I tell you about cheesy nicknames." Hanbin mumbles again as a fluttery feeling rises from within his stomach, all thanks to Jiwon's way of calling him 'love'.

"It's not cheesy, love." Jiwon repeats in a slightly teasing tone. "Besides, there's only the two of us here. I can call you with anything I want."

"Ugh. Fine." Hanbin gives up. There's no use in arguing with Jiwon at four in the morning. His eyes closes shut before he prays that this time he'll finally be able to get some sleep.

"Sleep tight." was the last thing he registered in his mind as he floats away to dreamland.

It doesn't take long for Jiwon to fall asleep because the soft breathing against his chest and the bundle of warmth curled up in his arms had easily turned into his lullaby.

 


 

Hanbin sleeps like the dead.

It's no surprise that Jiwon is the one who wakes up first between the two. He's awoken by the loud noise of their wardrobe doors sliding open and close. It's none other than their tall blonde haired maknae, Junhwe.

"What's with all the fuss?" Jiwon asks as he sits up from the bed, eyeing Junhwe with a baffled stare. He spares a glance to his lover, who's still sleeping peacefully despite all of the noise erupting from their room. How am I going to wake you up, he thought.

"I'm looking for something." Junhwe replies without looking at the older guy. He's preoccupied with what he's already doing; flipping through clothes, making a mess of their whole wardrobe.

"A piece of clothing?" Jiwon asks. He's not sure why he even bothers but it's his first time to see one of their youngest member to look so bothered.

"Yes. My jeans."

"That one pair of jeans that Donghyuk gave you last year?"

"Yup! I need to wear those for the rehearsals today."

"Why? Don't you have other pair of pants?"

"But it's my lucky charm." Junhwe's response earns a snort from Jiwon. This kid is so whipped, Jiwon amusedly thought.

"Have you tried checking the laundry bin? Where our washed clothes are stored before it's stored in our own wardrobes?" Jiwon suggests.

"Thank you so much, hyung!" And there he disappears, in a quest of finding his long lost pair of jeans.

Jiwon still has another obstacle that has to be done, which is waking Hanbin up. He gives up at first and decides to take a shower first but his bathroom door is locked. "Who's inside?"

"Jinhwan!" A voice answers.

"And Yunhyeong!" Another voice says.

"Chanwoo's also here, hyung!"

"Hurry up, okay? I'm going to use the bathroom with Hanbin later." Jiwon grumbles as he returns to the bed, sitting on the edge before making another attempt to wake Hanbin up. He's guessing that Donghyuk's in the other bathroom or else the boy would've sensed Junhwe's distress call earlier.

For the next 30 minutes, Jiwon tests out several methods to wake Hanbin up, some are unorthodox, including rubbing his face with ice cubes (which results in Hanbin kicking him off of the bed), tickling (and Jiwon feels silly because there's no reaction from Hanbin), and when everything else fails, Jiwon decides that it's a good idea to lie down on top of Hanbin and waits as he silently prays that Hanbin will wake up soon. 

He feels the weight beneath him shifts a little bit and it brings a smile to his face when he sees the younger boy's eyes fluttering open. "Rise and shine, baby." he greets in English as he plants a soft peck on his lips to complete his greeting.

Hanbin blinks rapidly before letting out a soft whine when he realizes that Jiwon's heavy build is on top of him. "You're heavy." his voice cracks and it only made the smile in Jiwon's face grow wider.

"Wake up. It's D-day!" Jiwon exclaims as he pulls him up along, peeling him off from his beloved bed.

"Huh?" Hanbin's brain hasn't warmed up yet, it takes a while for him to process words into his brain at such early mornings.

"The day where we hold our debut concert!" As Jiwon says that, the three members who were showering had stepped out from the bathroom, leaving it free for them to use. "Perfect timing! Let's shower!" he adds.

Hanbin's mind is still groggy as Jiwon pulls him into the bathroom, and his eyes are closed as he brushes his teeth.

"It looks like you've slept well." Jiwon comments and all he receives as a reply is a short hum.

"Still sleepy?"

Another hum.

"And what can I do to shoo your sleepiness away?"

Hanbin feels something soft pressing against his nape (Jiwon's nose, he figures it out a second late as Jiwon's breath tickles against his skin) and he looks down to see his favorite pair of arms encircled around his own waist. His face instantly heats up, the color red dominating his cheeks. "I'm fully awake now." he mutters under his breath.

"Are you sure?" Jiwon peeks from behind his shoulders, cracking a soft laugh when he sees the prominent blush on Hanbin's cheeks.

Hanbin can only nod in reply. 

"Alright then." Jiwon answers as he loosens his arms around and drops a kiss on each reddened cheek, which only makes the color turns brighter.

"It's not healthy for me to blush this early!" Hanbin finally protests.

"But it's me. I made you blush." There's a hint of fulfillment in Jiwon's tone of speaking. He feels proud, even, for being the only person that could bring a blush to his lover's cheeks.

"But it's you." Hanbin chuckles. And with Jiwon, Hanbin can't say no. "Yes, it's you."

 


 

The dry rehearsal went smoothly. Everyone memorized their stage blocking, they listened well to Hanbin's words and also the stage director's input. And Junhwe had found his jeans, thankfully so he's no longer looking like a troubled child. The grand rehearsal that followed right after they got dressed in stage outfits also went smoothly, much to Hanbin's surprise. He was expecting a thing or two to go wrong.

"See? You have nothing to be worried about." Jiwon nudges him as they return to the backstage, an arm slung around Hanbin's shoulder as he gives the said guy's shoulder a comforting squeeze.

"It's in my nature to be worried about everything." Hanbin states with a serious face, that lasts for only three seconds before he bursts into a fit of laughter. Jiwon's laugh following suit right after.

Jinhwan, who is currently walking behind them and sees the two in their own happy bubble could only click his tongue. Lovebirds. "You guys are hopeless." he rolls his eyes as he walks past both of them.

"You're just jealous, hyung." Hanbin retorts, his lips turning into a small pout.

"Can't hear you." Jinhwan says as he stuffs both of his ears with his thumb.

"You're just jealous, hyung." This time, it's Bobby who repeats Hanbin's exact words and Jinhwan gives them the finger before storming towards the dressing room. The unexpected action (because let's be real, the eldest usually behaves prim and proper) causes both of them to laugh so hard that they need to lean against the wall in order to keep them standing still.

Junhwe, suddenly who appears on the scene with a what-the-flying--is-happening look, could only stare at them as if they're lunatics on the loose.

(or maybe they are lunatics, the small voice inside Junhwe's head whispers.)

 


 

The members of iKON steps down from the stage after a successful debut concert. In all honesty, they didn't expect the venue to be fully packed and they're very grateful of their fans' enthusiasm and neverending the support. Hanbin thinks that it's all a dream. It hasn't strike him that they have their own songs now and that they even have their fanclub name. It still feels surreal. He exchanges a smile with Jiwon, whose smile speaks more than words ever could.

"So proud of you." He hears Jiwon whispers into his right ear as they step into the dressing room. He mouths a "Thank you, you too." and Jiwon replies him with a wink.

Jinhwan follows from behind and enters the room. "Hanbin and Jiwon, tone down your on-stage flirting, yeah?" He says. "I mean, I know that the fans like it and think of it as just fanservice but I'm afraid that I- no, we won't be able to divert the topic when Hanbin gets too flustered." His reasoning earns a nod of aproval from Donghyuk, who enters the room shortly.

"Yeah. We've seen more than the needed amount off-stage but on-stage, really?" Donghyuk adds as he starts taking off his stage accessories.

"Oh, shut up. At least they don't flirt like high schoolers." Yunhyeong cackles as he takes a seat at the sofa's armrest. His comment is intended to be a harmless, lighthearted tease but it seems like Donghyuk's feeling a tad sensitive.

"Excuse me?" Donghyuk turns around from the mirror he's facing.

"Yeah, excuse us?" Junhwe retorts as he stands beside Donghyuk.

"Yunhyeong's right. You both need to step up your flirting game." Jinhwan states with a blank expression.

And Hanbin snaps. "Why are you telling us-" he points a finger to his chest and Jiwon, who's sitting next to him. "to tone down our flirting yet you're telling them to flirt more?"

"Guys, stop." Yunhyeong interrupts the accidental argument. He mutters an apology to Donghyuk and Junhwe before saying. "We've finally had our debut concert. Let's forget our 'internal conflicts' for a while and go home and order some pizza and chicken to celebrate? Please?"

Chanwoo nods at everything Yunhyeong just said. He's been silent as the argument progresses and he couldn't exactly state his opinion either since they won't listen to him cause he's the youngest.

They all nod their head in unison and Jiwon breaks into a laugh since he feels that the argument earlier was unnecessary and silly.

"Alright. Let's go back home, wash up, and get some pizza and chicken. Screw our diets. It's on me." Jinhwan declares. He feels the responsibility to treat his younger members some good food. It does bring a hole to his wallet but seeing the smiles and happy cheers from the others is enough to make him forget of how much money he's going to spend on food.

 


no limit gon' touch the sky ; still unbeta-ed. originally wanted to post this right on hanbin's birthday but i couldn't finish it on time so yeah i'm a day late but oh well. happy birthday hanbin < 3 i hope you guys like this! it's on the shorter side but i hope it's decent enough orz and this will probably be the last canon fic i'm writing for now since i have a magazine!au jibin fic and a high school!au junhyuk fic coming soon, hopefully. *crosses fingers*