Chapter 3

I remember a time when his lips were on mine...

Chapter 3

        Once all the beating up was over, Sunhee and her gang left you on the floor to rot with the garbage. Your face was entirely scratched and bruised up along with a black eye, swollen lips and ugly, disgusting bruises all over your body. Your uniform was torn apart, but not completely (which is the only thing that’s normal enough right now). You stood up and ran straight home, not even bothering to grab your backpack from your locker. You just kept running without ever catching your breath. All of these things happened today all because you decided to go out with Jungkook (and that you actually liked him). You were headed down a dangerous road.

 

Knowing that your family was already home from either work or school, you went to the back, up the trashcans and went on top of the roof to open your bedroom window. You succeeded and changed out of your clothes as quickly as you could and quietly went to the bathroom to wash your face (or tried to). You covered up the part you couldn’t wash with Band-Aids and told yourself if anyone asks, you would tell them that you just fell down the stairs at school. You went back to your room and laid silently on the bed. Tears were forming around the swollenness of your eyes but you held it back in. I should’ve told myself this was a bad idea from the start. Jungkook and I were never meant to be together and that this was nothing but a fluke. I should try breaking it off with him tomorrow but I can’t risk everyone at school knowing about this. So I’m staying at home tomorrow. Jungkook, I’m sorry.

        All those thoughts made you fall fast asleep with your tears remaining still on your cheeks. Your mother came in a couple of hours later and told you how you came in.

“I didn’t hear you coming in from the front door. Did you go to your club today? And why are the lights off in your room” Your mom said with a gentle yet concerning voice. She was about to turn on the lights when you intervened.

“NO MOM DON’T TURN ON THE LIGHTS!!”

“What has gotten into you this evening?! Did something happened to you at school today? Tell me” Your mom sounded worried that something really did happened to you (which in this case it did) but you didn’t want her to find out.

“You’ve got three seconds to tell me what the hell is going on here or so help me I will ground you for a month!” Your mother counted the seconds until you quickly the lights!

“There here’s what happened to me!” You looked to see that your mom’s face was shot. She ran to look at your face.

“Oh My God! who did this to you?! Sweetheart!” Being a mom, she was worried. You held her hands and told her.

“Nobody, I was going to anime club when I suddenly tripped and fell down the stairs. It’s not that bad okay I’m fine.” Your mom tried to agree with you but, she was still worried about the condition of your face.

“I don’t know dear, I think we should take you to the hospital tomorrow because you can’t go to school looking like this.” You nodded your head while on the inside you were happy that she let you stay home. You didn't want anybody to find out about this.

“I understand mom but, thank you I don't really need to go to the hospital. I’ll be okay as long as the swelling goes down.” You said.

“Alright dear. Sleep tight.” She gave you a gentle kiss on the forehead and closed the door while you silently feel into deep slumber.

~the next day~

You woke up to constant vibrating from your phone. Buzz buzz. You opened to see that they’re were messages, all from Jungkook, asking where you were. You totally forgotten about him, so you messaged him back saying that you suddenly felt ill and had to stay home.

Baby, I was trying to get through to you but you weren’t in school and you weren’t answering your phone so I got worried. Are you ok? Please text me back. Love You.

No, I’m okay really. It’s just I had a bad headache and it turned into a fever yesterday. So, my mom told me to stay home. I’m sorry I didn’t reply. Love you too.

The way you said 'I love you' felt strange. You didn’t know how you were going to tell him but you knew that it was going to happen eventually.

Your sister decided to stay home with you while your mom had to go to work. She fed you some soup and tried to ease the throbbing of your face by using an ice pack from the freezer. But, mostly she left you alone to rest. (Sort of). You couldn't rest because of all the reasons you need to break up with Jungkook; you needed more time. You still had feelings for the guy and breaking up with him within that short amount of time will really mess up the only chance you'll ever have in finding love.

~6 hours and 30 minutes later~

You woke up from a sudden knock at the door. You heard your sister saying something then yelled “(Y/N) your boyfriend Jungkook is here. Shall I send him upstairs?”

“Yeah, send him up.” You yelled back. You overheard her say “Come in. She’s in her room. Go up the stairs and it's the second door to your right.” So you quickly went to lay back down on your bed and covered your face when you heard a sight knock on your door. “(Y/N) it’s me Jungkook. Can I come in?” Jungkook said with his deep voice. “Yeah sure come on in”

 

He opened the door to see you on the bed looking sickly (sort of). “Aww my girlfriend’s looks really sick today.” You felt embarrassed as he pinched your warm cheeks while talking to you like a baby. Then, you gave him a slap in the wrist. “Don’t make fun of me. You -” All of a sudden he was close to your face and gave you a slight kiss on your forehead. “C’mon you know I like teasing you. And I know you can’t resist it.” His flirting made you a little pouty but it sure left a smile on your face.

 

If you wanted to break up with him, you had to do it now or never. So, you sat up slowly but carefully that way he would think that you were actually very sickly. You scooted close to him and held his soft, masculine hand. “Jungkook do you love me?” A moment of silence were left between you and Jungkook.  “Where did this come from? Of course I love you. I wouldn't have asked you out in the first place if I didn't. I would'nt have asked you to be my girlfriend if I didn't.” Jungkook had that proud look in his eyes. You wish you hadn't said that. But it had to be done.

"Is something the matter?!” He said, sounding concerned.

"No It's just that well-" You gathered up all the courage inside and said it.

"The reason is beasuse-because-" You clenched onto Jungkook's hand. "I’ve been thinking about breaking up with you.” You felt his hand escaping your hand quietly.

“What!? Why? Was it something I said? Was it the teasing? You know I didn’t mean it.” Jungkook was tearing up. You tried calming him down but his tears were already falling down his face.

“No! it’s not the teasing! Just listen to me! I want to break up with you because I don’t belong with you and you don’t belong with me. Were just two different people. You and I." You looked at each other.

“Yeah, we are two different people. But we are two different people that didn't care that we come from different worlds. The important thing is is that we loved each other, no matter how many obsticles come our way.” Jungkook stopped. Then, held onto your hand, close to his heart.

“I’m doing this for your own good and mine’s. Also, because this is what happened when I become your girlfriend.” You let him see all of the bumps and brusies that were coming from your face. You didn't want this to happen, but, this was the only way he could understand.

“WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!” Jungkook yelled and you started to cry, profusely. You wanted to tell him who did this to you, but, you didn't have the guts; knowing that Sunhee would send her wrath yet again,

“N-Nobody did anything to me. I had a clumsy moment yesterday when I was headed to anime club and it led me to trip down a flight of stairs.” You still were trying to calm him down but, was still upset over how “fine” you actually are.

“Bull (Y/N), I know that this is not caused by some “clumsy” accident. You’re hiding something from me. You’re hiding the fact that someone not something caused you to get injured like this.” Jungkook argued with you but you still didn’t want to tell him the truth despite that you’re dying to get it out of your chest.

“Well it’s the truth. And if you don’t believe me then I guess it’s best if we pretend that none of this ever happened and that we continue to be what we were intended to be. You as the popular guy and me as the non-popular girl.” That’s all that you had to say to him. It’s the only way that it could save the both of you from future embarrassment by the entire student body. But you had a feeling that he wasn’t going to give up that easily.

So, in the end, Jungkook stood up from the foot of your bed and headed towards the door. No words were spoken between the two of you. Then, he turned to you while he opened the door, “You just made the biggest mistake of your life right now (Y/N) and maybe you’re right. Maybe we never should’ve met, maybe I never should’ve asked you out, maybe I never would’ve told you that I loved you and you loved me and we never should’ve shared our first kiss together but, if-if you would've just told me the truth! Then maybe, just maybe, we would still be together. BUT NO!! you decided to pull this 'accident' card on me. So, don't bother talking to me again. EVER!!” and with that, Jungkook soon disappeared from your sight; leaving you with tears falling one by one down your bruised cheeks.