Jieun

Damn you Nam Woohyun

She stood up abruptly nearly knocking down her drink and left the coffee shop quickly, the door made a loud sound when it closed behind her, leaving a dumbstruck Woohyun. She started to run not caring about her heels or the high chance she had to fall on the ground in front of everyone and ridicule herself in front of the passerby. She was so sad right now, she couldn’t even think properly, the sadness was just too unbearable and it was her fault for having so much high hopes. She tripped on the pavement and felt her body nearly falling forward if she didn’t had stopped abruptly. Suddenly her heart had jumped inside her chest when someone had grabbed her wrist not to forcefully but still with enough strength that she could not run away. Even if she couldn’t see the person, she already knew who it was, only his touch could make her whole body feel wobbly. He forced her to turn back and looked at him. But she couldn’t, her feeling were still burning inside her chest so she only hung her head low so her hair would make a curtain hiding her face from his eyes.

“Why ? What are you doing” Was the only thing he could manage to say. She was a mess, he could saw behind her hair that her eyes were red and she had trouble breathing correctly t but the reason behind this was totally unclear for him.  He didn’t really wanted to push her but he only wanted to know the reason why she was acting so weirdly. So he didn’t even realized that he had grabbed her shoulders and was repeatedly asking her what was the meaning of her actions. And she snapped like a wooden stick snapped because of too much pressure.

 “Because, because I can’t sleep at night, every time I close my eyes the only thing I see is your face. I can’t concentrate on my work because I am always worried. Worried if you eat enough have enough sleep. My body is tired, I can’t even eat because I don’t feel like I am living right now. I am always asking myself if I took the right decision two years ago, even seeing you happy like you are... if only I could go back to time.” She couldn’t stop her sobs, her tears profusely rolling down her cheeks and never in his life Woohyun was glad he was watching her break down like that in front of him.

“ I will say this thing just once, because I need to say it, at least to ease my body a bit. I love you, I freaking love you Nam Woohyun, so much that it’s killing me right now. I don’t know what to do, I am losing my best friend because he can’t stand to see me like that. I just want to die right now because you’re living so well and I am here telling you how much I freaking love you.. I-I am just so stup--.”

She was cut off by his lips crashing onto her, her eyes were still open, under the sudden shock she had dreamt for so long. He was feeling over excited, heat reaching all over his body, he had waited  two years for this to happen and it was so worth it. He had always know she would come back to him at one point if not in this lifetime, the other. But right now, he was feeling so relieved. He broke the kiss and looked at her wiping the tears away with his thumbs and holding her cheeks. He didn’t know where to start, he just wanted to look at her eyes forever and never look anywhere else.

“First I love you, I have and I will always love you. Secondly, I am not in a relationship with Hyemi or anyone else, she is just an acquaintance, I just said yes to you earlier because I wanted to make you jealous in a way, because you looked so happy with Sungyeol when I bumped into you. I am so sorry, I know it is really lame but I couldn’t help it, I was so jealous. Can you forgive me ?” she looked deep in his eyes, the only thing she wanted right now was not a speech but a tight hug, just to feel his warmth again.

“I.am.not.dating.Sungyeol.” Huh ? Was the only thing which came out from his mouth. She was not ? She had never been in love with Sungyeol but...

“ Actually, he is only my friend nothing more, maybe his behaviour makes you think that we were more but I think it is just because he cares a lot about me and he doesn’t really like you because I cried a lot because of you.” He pulled her into his arms, giving her a tight and warm hug. She was feeling a relief in her, like her lost part was finally at the right spot. He wanted to tell her how much he missed their skinship, how much he wanted her back in his life. He took her hand in his and linked their fingers together. It had been missing this feeling for so long. He wanted to rush things but he knew that they had so much to catch up so he had to be really cautious. Slowly he had look up to her from her hands and with a tinge of red in his cheeks he asked her finally what he wanted to tell her for so long.

“Let’s come back home ?” she nodded eagerly so he laughed at her cute action, he missed that, her cute personality. Deep down he was so relieved, they didn’t really needed to talk to say that they wanted to go back in time where their relationship had stopped. He knew that they would have to talk at some point to not go back to their old bad habits. They were walking hand in hand to their apartment quietly until Woohyun caught something in his coat’s pocket. Something that he had totally forgotten about, or something he really wanted to forget about. But not anymore, maybe fate was playing with him or maybe it was giving him the biggest push in the history. It was maybe not the perfect time, but it was their perfect time.

“Actually...” he didn’t say anything more, he just kneeled down in front of her and opened the small box in front of her face. He closed his eyes, he didn’t wanted to see her face. He knew she always had dreamt about a big proposal and that she might be a bit disappointed but when he had looked up to her, his heart was beating so fast but the smile on her face and her tears gave him hope to continue.

“It was supposed to happen two years ago but you ran away, so I do it now like this I am sure you will always stay by my side and never leave me alone. Also I only accepted one answer and it must be yes so..” He smiled trying to contain his own tears.

She looked at him, tears in her eyes again. He would always make her cry so much. They finally reached the gate of their building, and he was looking a bit embarrassed. Taking all his time to open the door. When finally he did, she knew why, it was indeed sure that no girls went there for a while. It was so messy  she couldn’t help but laugh, inside the flat clothes were scattered all over the furniture or even on the floor, dishes were piled up in the sink and she didn’t wanted to think about what could be inside the fridge. He smiled sheepishly and tried to clean quickly taking in his arms all the pizza boxes that were on the coffee table. She looked at him in disbelief and hit his arm lightly and helped him cleaning everything, it would need more to clean everything back to normal but at least it didn’t looked like a cave. Once it was done, she grabbed her arms and dragged him toward the bedroom they had shared.

“Oh I missed you that much ? Just say it, no need to be this violent.” He started to take off his shirt, she raise an eyebrow. She had forget how cheeky he could be.

“What are you doing?” he looked at her unsure and pouted. She sighed.

“To tell the truth, it seems that I can’t sleep if you’re not near me, so I was thinking that I could maybe have my first full night of sleep right now.” He chuckled lightly and lied down on the bed, she followed him unsure to trust him or not right now. She lied down on her side, feeling his warm pillow full of his scent against her cheek. She immediately felt better, and her eyes started to close until she felts his breath on her neck and his hands crept on her waist; her eyes shot open feeling his body against hers.

“What the heck are you doing”. She felt his lips stretched on a smile .

“ Nothing, nothing”. The tiredness was wining over her but she felt an electrical shock when his lips touched her neck. She turned to face him and was going to scold him for disturbing her sleep. But before she could nag about him disturbing her when she was so tired and only wanted to sleep, she was shushed when his lips crashed on her.

“Nam Woohyun, I really want to sleep right now, so calm down your ravaging hormone now.” He pouted, looking at her with puppy eyes. She knew how he could start to act like a puppy or a little boy when he wanted something but she was not that naive and she knew perfectly where he was going.

“ You know baby” she put her poker face on, okay it would be difficult to convince her tonight he thought but he was Woohyun, he would try anyway. “ You can sleep maybe after”. She looked at him, her face was red, and he didn’t know if it was from embarrassment or anger.

“ Yah you ! You erted guy ! Can’t believe it” She turned back to her original position mumbling things about his behaviour and how she could not believe her ears. But he knew deep down she was smiling at his odd antics.

“I am kidding, it’s okay I can wait for the honeymoon my-soon-to-be-perfect-bride”. She let out a small chuckle, smiling evilly.

“So it’s okay if I planned the wedding to be in 3 or 4 years ?” He could only see her back facing him but he knew she was faking it, or he hoped so.

“ Well yes, but we don’t have to wait that much huh ? Huh ? Honey?” He looked at her body moving slightly from her calm breathing. He smiled to himself, he had never been happier. Of course he would wait for her, he had already done it once, for four years, so he could do it again. He hugged her from behind, his face on the crook of her neck.

“Sleep tight baby, I love you Madam Nam.”

“I love you too Mister Nam.”

 

 




 

Here is the last part of this story. If you enjoyed it please comment and tell me what you think about it. 

If you like Jieun and Infinite, keep an eye on my stories because I will certainly post more about them ^^