Dare or Dare

Dare or Dare

Yoongi sighed in exasperation. Why was he even friends with the three losers, Jungkook, Hoseok, and Namjoon? They always managed to rope him into a stupid game of truth or dare, but Jungkook, he sighs to himself as he pulls the bathroom door shut, made it dare or dare. Claiming it was to honor Halloween, but, why did it have to be such a stupid name? Why did they have to be so stupid?

They were all daring each other the stupidest ideas, the stupidest was to call the emergency hotline, which had Hoseok crying out in a matter of seconds, and reaching over to knock the phone out of Jungkook's hand. Very adamantly glaring at Namjoon and chastising him, telling him that he would get poor Kookie thrown into jail. Kookie just laughed in the background before he shushed the older two, saying it was his turn and that he dared Yoongi to go into the bathroom to call Bloody Mary. 

Hoseok gasped, he was always such a baby when it came to anything scary, and looked wide eyed at Yoongi, whispering from behind his hand if he was gonna do it. All Yoongi did was get up and roll his eyes, mumbling how Bloody Mary wasn't even real.

That is how he ended up here, standing in a pitch black bathroom, about to chant Bloody Mary thirteen times. With another irritated sigh and eye roll he began to chant in a bored tone, "Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Blo-"

There was a knock on the door interrupting him, he groaned, just wanting to get this stupid thing over, and practically growled out, "What now?"

There was a sound much like a squeak from the other side of the door, must be Hoseok. "You need a candle in order for it to work, Wikipedia says." He quickly opened the door to a shaking Hoseok, candle and lighter in hand and yanked it out of his hand. He waited for Hoseok to turn around to go back to the living room but when he didn't, he opened the door a crack and smiled sweetly, voice dripping with honey, he tilted his head. 

"Care to join me?" With that, Hoseok's face paled and another, frankly, weird, high pitched noise left his throat as he quickly shook his head, all but throwing himself out of the hallway and back into the safety of the living room.

He quickly shut the door and lot the candle, staring at himself in the mirror, more clearly now thanks to the candle, and began his previous chanting. "Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Blood-" 

He was cut off by the candle flickering, weird but maybe there was a draft, he continued, "Bloody Mary, Bloody Ma-" 

Yoongi all but shrieked, in surprise-not terror mind you- when he heard a deep voice call out. "You called?" He began to see movement on the mirror, the outline of a face and upper body, what felt like an eternity, but was merely a minute in realty, he saw the figure clearly. Beautiful, is what he was, dark brown hair, brown eyes to match, tan skin, pleasantly full lips that currently had an apple between them, and wait. Wait a minute, he was definitely not a Mary, nor did he look very bloody or ghostly in the least. He looked pretty normal if Yoongi were to be honest, he was eating an apple and just casually standing there. 

He said the first thing that came to his mind, "You don't look like a Mary to me." This earned him a laugh, deep and booming, it sent a chill down his spine, but it wasn't unpleasant. 

"She's busy scaring some elementary kids right now, sometimes they get her, sometimes they get me. We're both harmless, really, but she just thinks it's fun to scare people more than I do. Though," he an eyebrow, "people are usually just terrified by my presence. You are not."

Yoongi shrugs, "I don't get scared easily? I mean I didn't think this was real to begin with, but I mean either you were gonna tear my eyes out or you weren't."

The boy in the mirror smiles, Yoongi thinks it reminds him of a box, "I'm Kim Taehyung, and I wouldn't claw your eyes out, you're too attractive to do that to!" Yoongi blushes, he curses his pale skin for making it even more apparent. He hears a giggle this time, it's soft but still so deep and it makes him smile in return, flashing his teeth and gums. "It's all Hallow's Eve so I have to get going, we're pretty busy, but I'd love to talk to you again," he trails off, not knowing his name and Yoongi catches on.

"Yoongi. Min Yoongi."

This earns him another smile, this one softer this time, "It was a pleasure meeting you, Yoongi. I would enjoy talking to you again, and if you'd like to as well, just chant Tae seven times in the mirror, but do it some time after Halloween, when I'm not so busy." He gives a wink, before reaching his hand out of the mirror, this cause Yoongi to gasp as he feels cold fingers wrap around his wrist as he tugs him forward, his face coming out of the mirror as well, "Bring more candles next time," he says breath ghosting across Yoongi's lips, "We'll make it a date next time." 

Before he knows what's happening Taehyung has placed a gentle kiss in his lips before pulling back, winking and fading away. Leaving a stunned Yoongi to hear the sound of a fading giggle in the boys wake. He looks down and finds the half eaten apple, the only solid reminder that what just happened was real. He takes a few minutes to gather his bearings, breathing deeply, before he blows out the candle and opens the door. He walks into the living room, cheeks still tinged pink and still somewhat in a daze. He holds up the  half eaten apple, and there laughter and rough housing seem to dissipate.

They're at Hoseok's house, and he doesn't like apples, so he never has any at his house. They look at each other and back at Yoongi, the half eaten apple in his hand, all of them pale considerably, the realization sinking in.

Hoseok faints.