My Little Sunshine

My Little Sunshine

Daehyun?" I say as I turn on my stomach and look at him

"Yes?" He answers back before wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him. I snuggle against him and sigh "We have to get up now, and get ready" I grumble

"We can always skip class" he suggests

"I can skip class since I'm just a student, and they won't care as much. YOU, on the other hand, can't because you're the teacher"

"Damn this job" he chuckles "We still have an hour left though. Maybe we could do something to pass the time?"

"What are you suggesting?" I question him with a sly smile

"Just a little something to start the day" He leans forward to give me a kiss when a sudden knocking at the door interrupts us.

"Daddyyyy!" A squeaky high pitch voice yells out loudly on the other side "I'm going to be late to school, and I can't be because we have show and tell today!"

"Okay! Daddy will be out in a second" Daehyun yells back. I listen to the steps outside recede from the door until it fades away. Daehyun and I both sigh then get up to clean ourselves up and get dressed for the day.

"We'll just continue this later" Daehyun says as he buttons up his shirt 

"Okay, do you want me to take Levy to school, so you won't be late?"

"Can you please?"

"Alright, I'll be leaving first then" I give him a quick peck on the lips then walk out to see a little girl of about 4 years old patiently waiting at the front door ready for today.

 "Mae!" She shouts before running towards me. I bend down and scoop her up in my arms then stand back up to walk out of the house.

"You were here!?" Levy, the little girl, asks me

"Yes, I was" I answer back with a smile. I let her inside of my car, at the back, then take my place at the driver's seat. "I came late last night" I continue to tell her as she buckles up "You were asleep in front of the TV, so I had to tuck you in"

"Awww but I was waiting for you yesterday, so we could play together" she pouts

"We'll play later when I go to your house again today"

"You're coming back? Yay!"

I glance at her using the mirror before turning back to the road with a smile. Levy is so cute, and so much better than most little kids. 

When I got into this relationship with a teacher of mine, I was worried about a lot of things. An obvious reason would be that this is illegal. If anyone were to find out and it got around, then the one that would be punished the most is Daehyun. I don't want that to happen because I can't bear the thought of him getting into trouble because of me. The other reason was Levy. Daehyun already has a child, a daughter named Levy, and I was worried about whether or not we would be able to get along. My worries melted away as soon as I met her. She's so sweet and playful, and she immediately took a liking to me too. How could I not love this tiny little girl who's filled with sunshine?

 

 

______________________________________________

 


At Daehyun's house, I wait for him to finish up with work in his office while helping Levy out with her homework. Suddenly, in the middle of drawing and coloring, Levy says something that surprises me.

"Can I call you my mommy?" She asks as she looks up at me with big eyes and an adorable little smile 

"Of course you can" I answer back as I try hard not to melt under her big eyes. Her smile becomes wider and wider until she finally bursts out in joy "Really!? Yay! I have a mommy!"  At that moment Daehyun walks out of his office looking slightly tired and worn out. Levy immediately jumps out of her chair and runs to him. He lightens up as soon as he sees her and gives her a smile before picking her up.

"Daddy, Mae said I can call her mommy now" she happily tells him with a bright smile

"Oh really?" He says before glancing at me. I turn away and clean up the table Levy and I were using, to distract myself from the fact that my face is turning into a bright red colour"That's good" Daehyun murmurs 

"We're a family right?" She asks with that cute little voice of hers 

"Almost. I have to marry her first"

I stop moving and look at him. He's smiling at me, and his words pass through my mind again. Marry?

"Can I go to your wedding?" Levy asks slowly with a bright smile

"Ask Mae" Daehyun says before he turns both Levy and him towards me "Should we let her?"

"Please please pleeeeaaase can I go?" Levy begs

I smile and shake my head before looking at the both of them "Yes"

 


----------------------Bonus Parts!-----------------------

 


School is going by so slowly today, but at least there's always one class that I can look forward to.

"That is all for today. Make sure to review over your notes, and read chapters 10 through 25" Daehyun announces as he ends the class. As everyone packs their belongings, someone suddenly walks into the class.

"Daddy!" Levy shouts as she runs up to Daehyun. Daehyun looks at her surprised, but he reaches down to give her a hug. A lot of people in the class start to point and whisper to each other about how cute they look, and I can't help but agree.

"Why are you here so early?" Daehyun asks her as he kneels down to match her height; even then he's still too tall for her tiny size though.

"Youngjae told me to tell you that he had a meeting to go" she replies with a smile

"Ah okay. Let's go get lunch then?"

"Yes!" 

"Okay hold on, let me just grab my jacket"

As he walks toward his chair to grab his jacket, Levy looks around the classroom. I was just walking down the steps between the chairs to get to the door when Levy shouts something completely unexpected.

"Mommy! You're here!" 

I look at her with my eyes wide as she runs up to me. She looks up at me with a wide smile as I look around at all of my classmates that are staring at me.

"U-Umm you have me mistaken with someone else" I stutter. Daehyun looks at Levy in shock before quickly running to get her.

"I'm so sorry about that" he apologizes as he picks her up 

"No it's okay" I say as I hang my head down and continue to walk down the steps.

"But daddy that's mommy" Levy continues "Let's eat lunch with her too"

"No Levy that wasn't mommy. Mommy isn't here" Daehyun hastily responds "She's going home right now actually"

"Oh… okay…" Levy answers back but her face clearly shows confusion

I exit the classroom, feeling a lot more safe now. That was close, too close. I hope nobody thinks too much much about what just happened. Poor Levy though, she must be really confused now.

 


----------------------Bonus Parts!-----------------------

 


"And this right here is mommy and daddy at their wedding" Levy points to a picture from 5 years ago and shows it to her little brother, Leo

"Wedding?" Leo repeats

"Mmhm. I got to see mom and dad get married and I was even the flower girl"

I look at them then smile before turning back to wash the dishes. Levy is now 9 years old, and she even has a younger brother who is only 4 years old. 
A year after Daehyun surprised me with that whole "I have to marry her first" we actually did get married. It was sooner than I thought it would be, and the events leading up to it were kind of crazy, but in the end, it was all worth it.

"Hey" I turn around to see Daehyun who seems to have just now woken up. He's giving me a sleepy smile and his hair is all disheveled, but he looks so cute anyways. He wraps his arms around my waist and gives me a hug as he rests his chin on my right shoulder.

"Been awake long?" He asks as he continues to hug me

"Just long enough to make some breakfast and wake the kids up to get ready for school" I answer

"I'll take them to school then, you should rest for a little"

"Okay though you should probably change into different-"

My sentence is cut off when I suddenly hear Leo crying in the living room. Both Daehyun and I freeze for a split second before hurrying over to the living room.

"What happened? What's wrong!?" I ask as Daehyun simultaneously says "Are you okay?"

He kneels down and brings Leo into his arms as I look at Levy for answers.

"It's not my fault!" Levy yells as she looks up at me "I swear I didn't do anything!"

"It's okay Levy" Daehyun says, calming her down "Just tell us why he started crying"

"I told him that I went to your wedding" she huffs

"Yeah!" Leo sobs through his snot and tears "Why didn't I get to go? I want to go to your wedding too!"

I look at Daehyun right as he gives me a look at the same time. How exactly do we explain that he wasn't born until a year after our wedding?