005

Girls Over Flowers

005

Amber cracked her knuckles, grinning from ear to ear, “It feels great to force a like Haneul out of Kyuhyun's place, she fights so hard for a girl who claims she doesn't know how to defend herself.” 

“You're taking a lot of joy in banishing Scholarship students ex.” Victoria and Luna grinned at Krystal's remark, Amber on the other hand just growled.

“Now girls, no fighting, we promised to behave for Kyuhyun.” Victoria was chuckling to herself as she grabbed a glasses of wine and handed one to each of them, “Now, let's get plastered and make terrible choices while we're still young, I don't want to see a single one of you with frowns tonight!”

Amber hesitated, staring down at her's, “We're under age Vic...”

“Amber, please, your parent's give you a glass of wine at every dinner and you pretend it doesn't exist, just try it, if you don't like it I'll have it.” Vic chuckled, her arm slinging around Amber's shoulder as she winked towards a cute boy who was eyeing her, “It's good to let loose in a way that doesn't involve beating someone into a bloody pulp.” the tip of the glass reached Amber's lips and with a quick snap back she gulped back the wine, barely taking in the tangy white grape taste as it went down, “Atta girl! How was it?”

Amber paused, she was starting to feel a bit warm, “better then I thought actually...” she reached to the table and grabbed another, the thought of having to spend an evening in the same room as Gong Chansik making inebriation sound so incredibly welcome, “Let's get plastered and make terrible choices while we're young!” she held up her glass and the other's toasted as well.

If she'd known those words were exactly what was going to color the night would she have chosen otherwise? That morning she woke up to a terrible headache and a terribly wonderful memory of the feeling she got as she kissed the boy she'd been attacking for the past month. He'd looked more like a prince from a fairy tale then normal and Krystal, mothering Krystal of course was princess while she was most likely the comic relief talking llama she kept as a companion. Just thinking about how she'd practically tackled him and kissed made her feel so embarrassed, how desperate can one girl possibly be? How was she ever to go back to school?

But man, did she regret it? He was so... she wanted to do it again and again and she knew that was incredibly stupid and Chansik probably hated her!

“You're taking up all the blankets.” Victoria grumbled as she grabbed one end and rolled, nearly toppling off the bed.

Amber's eyes shot open and and looked down, letting out a sigh of relief, they were both fully clothed, that meant Victoria unnie probably passed out, which meant-

“Yah, Vic unnie, I'm cold.” Luna layed on the other side clinging onto the last bit of blanket Vic hadn't stolen.

“You guys are so loud.” Amber mumbled as sat up, looking for Krystal but found she wasn't in her bed, it took her a moment to remember she shouldn't be looking for her and should be mad at her but all she could thank about was curing this hangover.

“You both are never getting drunk together again! Amber I've told you a million times, I don't fill comfortable driving a stick no matter how many times you show me and seriously, you two spent the entire time singing very badly by the way, not to mention the looks I got from your maids when I had both of you on my arm.” 

“Loud.” Victoria mumbled under Amber's pillow.

“Sorry Luna, I blame Vic unnie.” Amber grumbled as she messaged her temples.

“Oh yes because I forced you to down five glasses and molest the Scholarship boy.” Victoria rolled over and grinned, “Oh Chansik,don't you dare touch Krystal! take me here on the dance floor!” 

“Yah!”

“Let's run away together Chansik! Let's have a bunch of androgynous kids and own a llama farm!” Luna joined in, her bad mood gone completely.

“Why do you guys tease me like this.” she moaned and buried her face in her hands trying to ignore their taunts, in truth kids and a llama farm with Chansik was appealing and that made their teasing so much worse.

Victoria gave a hearty laugh and hit Amber's shoulder, “You're so adorable, acting shy over a kiss, it's like you've never done it before.” she joked and when Amber kept her eyes from hers she let out an over dramatic gasp, “Could it be Scholarship student's the first boy to touch those lips of yours.” 

“Yah! Of course not, I've kissed plenty of boys!”

“Name one.” Luna grinned and when Amber didn't respond she cackled, “seriously, you can't even lie about it, you're so adorable!” she squealed and both girls wrapped Amber in a bone crushing hug.

“You guys are ridiculous.” Amber shoved them away and jumped from her bed, “I'm going to go find someone more civilized to talk to!”

“You only hang out with three people Amber, good luck with that.”

-

“So wait, you lost your rich girlfriend and got a new one, way to be a player man!” Shin Dongwoo cheered, bits of his lunch going across the table, “I like that Amber chick, she wants something she takes it while that Krystal chick's whinny and blubbery about Idol boy. Stick with Amber man, you'll be thankful in the long run.” 

“I still say you should keep trying to get in contact with Minah, She sounded like such a nice girl.” Jinyoung sighed and brushed away a bit of Dongwoo's lunch off of his cheek.

“You guys don't get it, I'm not interested in dating anyone, I just want to finish school.” Chansik grumbled and pushed his food around his bowl. Last night had been an eventful night, after the “accident” he'd found a way out of there as quickly as he could after thanking Kyuhyun of course for being so cool and awesome. Kyuhyun had been pretty awesome, he told him he could only leave early if he promised to hang out, play some video games and such, he really was the coolest guy Chansik had ever met. On his way out Kyuhyun made sure they exchanged numbers and told him he'd be free all week, he actually planned to go there right after work if Kyuhyun said it was fine.

And Amber... after Luna and Victoria pulled her off of him she looked like she'd passed out, he'd remembered tasting wine on her lips so perhaps she was drunk, that would explain the clumsiness and lack of control though he wasn't quite sure he'd be to surprised if she hadn't been drunk at all and Amber was just being Amber... Ah, even thinking that though since Kyuhyun's story about her brother he didn't feel much satisfaction in mentally tearing her down. Chansik couldn't help wondering how lonely she must be, sure she had her friends but what about when they weren't around... or when they were but just didn't understand how she felt. 

“So, your first kiss was with your enemy though, what bad luck man.” Jinyoung hummed, reminding Chansik of where he was.

“First kiss? Is that really the important thing here... What if she's... I don't know... into me...” God, it's one thing to feel sorry for her but to date her? To spend more then five minutes alone with her? It that she feels alone but did he really want to help someone who's been tormenting him the last few weeks?

“Go for it man, she sounds fun.”

Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “You'll have to make you decision about that on your own Chansik, everyone deserves a chance at redemption but you shouldn't ignore your own wants and needs for someone who wants you but takes you for granted.” 

“You make it sound so serious, we're high school students Jinyoung, Chansik needs to spend less time worrying about the future and worry more about having a life right now, once high school is over he can't get that back.” Dongwoo grinned and hit Chansik shoulder lightly, “play the field man, we're only young once.”

Chansik looked back down at his lunch and sighed- he didn't want to deal with this, Kyuhyun might be the coolest guy in the world but he'd made Chansik's life more difficult when he made Amber into more of a human to him. He just couldn't shake the idea that she needed more people to wake her up, to be on her side... but another part of him, the defiant part that was still sore at her treatment of him wanted to ignore it and treat her the way she would treat anyone else who wronged her. He knew in the end he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he chose to hurt her but he still wished for some kind of retribution for Minah.

-

“You're to slow old man.” Krystal grinned and held down a cheer as her racer passed Kyuhyun's across the finish line, winning the race then grabbed her soda and took a celebratory sip, “What happened to the great GamerKyu, You're getting rusty.” she looked over at the man and her heart beat rapidly- he was looking at her with those warm brown eyes, that gentle smile, he was looking at her only, “What, do I have something on my face?” she blushed and looked back at the screen, hitting start for the next race.

“no, just... You've really grown up Soojung...” biting her lip she kept her eyes on the screen but by then even the computer racers were beating her, she didn't trust herself to look at him though, she'd say or even do something stupid and he'd hate her, “You and Amber should make up.”

she nearly ran off the course, “Amber needs to stop being so caught up with herself... she's really going over the line with that red card crap, sure her brother did the same crap in highschool with his friends but he didn't go nearly as far as her.”

“And not talking to her will make her change?”

Krystal paused the game and put her controller down before she turned to Kyuhyun who'd all but given up on playing, “Amber's always been the one who made sure we talked things out, she made sure our bonds were tight... I'm not Amber, I tried but she just won't listen to me... she's to stubborn.”

“sounds like someone I know.”

Krystal hit his shoulder lightly, keeping her hand there for longer then she should, “This is different oppa,” Krystal sighed and let her hand drop to her side, “When she got into highschool we all figured the red flag thing was just something she wanted to keep up because her brother thought it up, none of us thought she'd take it so far... kids are afraid of her, teachers are afraid of her... I'm afraid of her... Amber's always been the person I thought I could trust the most but lately it seems if anyone contradicts her she ruins their lives, what if I'm next? Shouldn't your friends be the ones to keep you in check?”

“Yeah and you should but if in check is the silent treatment you won't get to far.” Kyuhyun chuckled and flicked her forehead, “It's been pretty quiet in that mansion of hers since Himchan left, it can't be to fun being all alone in that place, you of all people know a bit of what she's going through considering you're alone too since Jessica left.” Krystal looked away, if she'd wanted to spend the afternoon getting scolded she would have stayed home, “Still a sore spot huh? Jessica says hi by the way, and she says to tell you to answer your phone more often, it's pretty sad when she's able to talk to me more often then you.”

there was a bit of jealousy in the pit of her stomach, sure Jessica said she wasn't interested in Kyuhyun but that didn't mean he wouldn't be interested in her perfect sister, “Yeah, well I don't force kids to leave school because I feel lonely.” she scoffed and reached for her controller only to have Kyuhyun snatch it from her and place it on the other side of him.

“Hey, I'm sorry... you're right about Amber being out of line, I just don't want to see your friendship crumble like this, you guys need each other now more then ever Soojung.” he grabbed her hand and gave it a little squeeze, “High school will end, friendships shouldn't...”

Krystal nodded, “I'll work hard oppa, I really think this thing with Chansik is helping her, she's starting to look more lively, she's starting to look like herself again and... and I'm just worried she'll make a mistake and go back to how she was when Himchan left... I don't want to see my best friend turn into just a mirror image of herself, I don't know how to help her the way she would help me if I were in her place.”

Kyuhyun grinned, “That Chansik kid does seem nice, though I don't think Amber and I are the only ones who notice that.”

“I'm not following oppa...”

“You care about him.”

Krystal rolled her eyes,  “So what, I care about a lot of people,” Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, “I just like that he stands up for himself and his friends.”

“You've always been a er for noble warriors, don't even deny it Soojung, I know you.” 

Krystal couldn't help smiling, “He's really nice ok, he's the kind of guy I'd love for Amber to hang around.”

“Why is it always Amber though, why can't you go for him?” Krystal clenched her jaw and looked down, “Soo-”

“stop being so cruel oppa, you know why.” 

Kyuhyun lifted her face up so she'd look at him and smiled slightly, “I could never be what Chansik could be, we both know that.” sure she knew but it still felt like she'd been kicked in her stomach. 

“You said it your self oppa... I'm a er for the noble type.” she frowned, not able to fake her emotions anymore, “You're kind of a difficult person to not be in love with.” 

Kyuhyun shook his head, “I'm terrible Soojung, really- I never remember birthdays, I'm terrible at parties, I even leave the seat up-” their lips met and it took all the will power he had not to respond and as a result he didn't feel like he gained anything- Krystal parted ways looking hurt and he longed to make her happy, to give in to her every desire, “I can only love you the way we do now kid... nothing more, nothing less.”

“I don't know how to stop oppa... when you're gone I'm unhappy and now that you're right here I can't even... I've never really wanted anyone other then you...” she refused to look away, to look weak infront of the man who broke her heart. She wouldn't cry, she wouldn't let him win this battle, he would see her as a woman no matter what.

Her foe pulled her into a hug and pressed his lips against her forehead, a gesture she hated the most, “Once you open your eyes a little, kid, you'll notice there are plenty of better guys out there, that Chansik boy is one of them.” Kyunhyun was such a cruel cruel jerk. Krystal leaned into him and closed her eyes, her emotions threatening to spill over- he would never understand that she waged war with herself every day to get over him, to stop loving him, he was her greatest weakness.

She pushed away and looked to Kyuhyun in defiance, “I should get going oppa, I'm sure Grandmother will be worried.” standing up and grabbed her bag and headed out.

“Soojung!” not answering she took off, she couldn't sit there and pretend any longer she was cool with him being her “brother”, you shouldn't want your sibling the way she knew he wanted her. She ran fast, ignoring the late Autumn rain that was likely smearing her makeup. She ignored his calls for her until he called out, “I'm quitting my company.” she nearly stumbled over herself, looking back she almost had a bit of hope bubble up- if he stopped being an Idol... “I've decided to put that masters degree to some use Soo... So I've decided to quit my music career and move to France to practice law.” and there goes her hope.

“That's stupid!” she yelled back at him.

“I don't want to live in my families shadow anymore, In France I can make a new start, I've already been offered a job.” her heart shattered even more, he was leaving her completely, “When I leave don't force others out Soojung, your friends, your family, they all care about you and if you keep pushing guys away because of me... you shouldn't hold onto a ghost Soojung, You'll be so much happier with someone like Chansik.”

-

He hadn't known what to expect when I'd gone to Kyuhyun's on Sunday but it hadn't been that. Normally Chansik would never ease drop but they were talking so loud and Kyuhyun was leaving everything when he'd just gotten back... the truth was it gave him mixed feelings- he was happy his role model was finally getting to pursue his dreams but sad for Krystal, she looked so hurt and upset yesterday... she really liked Kyuhyun and he hated seeing him treat her like that but most of all the look of defeat on Krystal's face, he wanted to see her fight not give up.

Most of all, and he really wasn't proud of it but he couldn't help thinking of it as an opportunity to get with krystal... it was terrible, Krystal was hurting right now but in a dark little corner of his mind he couldn't help thinking that he could help her feel better. Krystal, with her long pretty hair and and secretly caring nature was hurting and if he acted quickly he might... he was totally going to hell for even considering that, right now she needed a friend, not someone who was trying to ask her out.

Monday morning rolled around, a morning he'd been dreading since Amber kissed him. He woke up, took his time showering and dressing and tried to prolong the walk to his bus stop as much as possible. Skipping school sounded so appealing and if he didn't worry his grade point average might suffer he'd do it in a heart beat but no, he could get through this even if it meant an awkward encounter with Amber. So caught up in his thoughts he almost missed the limo parked near his bus stop. He froze, recognizing it right away as belonging to Amber's family but then again, the limo didn't tip him as much as the girl leaning causally against it.

“Morning Scholarship student, nice weather.” , What to do, he couldn't run, the next bus wouldn't get him to school on time!

“Morning noona, weather's not bad, a little cloudy...” She looked up as if she were seeing the sky for the first time and bit her lip, he didn't want to admit it but she was kind of cute like that, “What brings you here in this part of town?”

she stumbled a bit out of her casual pose and stepped away from the car, her arms across her chest, “I, ah, I go here all the time, first time seeing you here though, you live around here or something?”

He almost wanted to laugh a bit, she looked flustered and confused, if the kids at school saw her like this they wouldn't be able recognize their “enforcer”, she was a completely different person right then that Chansik even had to remind himself she'd been terrorizing him, “Yeah, just down the road actually, What a coincidence.”

Amber laughed a little and tugged nervously at her collar, “Eh, yeah, coincidence... you going to school today? I could, I mean my driver could, er, take you, I mean we could ride together.”

She's evil, she's evil- no matter how many times he tried to remind himself he just couldn't picture her as Satan at the moment, “It's fine, I should really ride the bus...” Amber scowled and he was finally reminded of why he shouldn't let his guard down around her, “Thanks for the offer noona, I'll see you at school...”

“You should take up my offer, we'd get there sooner and... and...”

“And you and I are at war right now noona, don't forget you're the one who handed me a red flag, it'd be a bit weird don't you think if we showed up at school together...”

Amber's paused, annoyance written all over her face, “I don't care about that, get in the car Scholarship kid.” 

“You can't expect people to do things simply because you want them to.” apparently a lecture was something she didn't want, it took him two seconds to decide a nice healthy jog to the next bus stop a mile over would be much better. He took off, well aware that a very peeved Amber was on his tail, he turned down the road and prayed a bit that his knowledge of the neighborhood would help him because apparently Amber could sprint like a pro, she was gaining on him and if he didn't find a hiding place or some help she was going to tear him a new one.

“You're dead Scholarship student! I'm gonna-”

when she was abruptly cut off Chansik looked back and was shocked to see her struggling against a man in designer sunglasses, with out thanking of his own safety he yelled to the man, “Yah, put her down!”

“Yeah oppa! Put me down!” Oppa? Amber knew this guys?

The man dropped Amber and turned to Chansik and for a second he thought he might need to run again, that is until the man grinned a friendly smile and took off his sunglasses, “You must be Chansik then? Luna's told me a lot about you.”

“Eh?”

-

Chansik couldn't help staring at Kim Himchan- he looked nothing like Amber and didn't even have the same last name so were they really related? He wasn't anything like Chansik had imagined, he'd expected someone irrational and angry like Amber or possibly someone very sad and depressed but Himchan was neither, he was very warm, very nice and drove like a bat out of hell. He was sitting there, his eyes forward and a grin still etched across his lips as though he was silently laughing at a joke only he knew, this man couldn't be Amber's brother.

“Here we are.” there was a crowd outside of the school, the students gasping at the sight of the great and mighty Kim Himchan who only focused on Chansik, “It was nice meeting you Gongchan.”

“Er, it's Chansik sir...”

“Gongchan~,” Himchan chuckled and reached into his pocket and pulled out a card, “Just give me a call anytime my baby sister gives you any trouble ok, I'll fly right over.”

“Eh? Fly?”

“My wife gave me my own jet for my birthday, currently getting my pilots license but I can easily hire a pilot to fly me over.” he shook his hand as though it were the simplest explanation then patted Chansik on the shoulder, “I think you and I will really get along, I'll be in town for a while so feel free to chat when you want.” interpreting that as his time to get out of the shiny sports car, Chansik slipped out and waved in a daze at Himchan as he drove away.

“Himchan oppa is so awesome!” even Haneul's annoying voice couldn't knock him out of his daze, it was the memory of Krystal getting turned down by kyuhyun that finally got him moving away from the crowd that practically begged him for information on Himchan. He didn't quite know where to look first, he checked her class room, the lunch room, the library, that weird hang out f4 had for some reason (thankfully no one was there) he was about to giveup and just get ready for class (Himchan's hectic driving had gotten him there so early!) but then he caught sight of her through a window, there she was standing in the gardens staring up at the rolling clouds. 

Racing to the nearest exit he slowed as he got nearer to her, brushing his sweaty hands on his pants before he spoke up, “Hey Krystal...” She looked back and gave a friendly smile that didn't reach her eyes and turned towards the sky, “How are things?”

“Kyuhyun is moving to France,” she gave a little lifeless laugh, “He knows like two words in french but he thinks it's a great plan anyways.”

Chansik walked up a bit and placed a hand on her shoulder, looking up at the sky like her because he really didn't want to look at the warring emotions, “Do you want to talk about it?” She shook her head, “Do you want me to leave?” She hesitated then shook her head once more, turned to him then pulled him into a hug, “Shhh, he'll go to France and learn soon enough how stupid he's being.” he mumbled into her hair and rubbed her back as  she began to sob into his shoulder. 

Amber watched on from her spot at the window, looking down at the two with a bitter scowl on her face. She should be down there in his arms, he should be comforting her. Krystal, what was so special about her.

“Did Kyuhyun tell you yet? He's quitting his singingcareer and moving to France.” she hadn't noticed when Luna had showed up but there she was now with her normal happy smiled turned down in a frown.

“huh? No, why would he do that to...” to Krystal, oh, that made sense, Krystal would never betray her like that. Guilty and feeling pretty foolish now she grabbed Luna's hand and pulled her with her outside to the two and didn't hesitate to join in the hug. When they looked at her she gave a solemn nod, “I just heard about what that idiot's planning to do.” she grumbled and hugged Krystal harder, the girls teary eyes becoming wetter.

“But you're mad at me.”

“I'm mad at everything princess, that doesn't matter right now.” Krystal let out a little sob and pulled away from Chansik and gave Amber a bone crushing hug, sobbing in full force now. Amber looked towards Chansik who looked at them with pity, he caught her eyes and she mouthed 'thank you' before turning back to Krystal and closed her eyes- how could Kyuhyun do this to Krystal, it was fine that he was leaving everything else but little Jung was so fragile when it came to her heart, “I'm gonna hit that idiot over the head a couple time princess, maybe I can knock some sense into that thick skull of his.”

Krystal shook, “no, no he should do this... he wants to-” her words her muddled in her sobs that rocked her so hard she gave up on talking.

“Shh... you don't need him Princess... us girls, we'll keep you safe ok, not even someone like Kyuhyun will be able to hurt you with us around.” Amber whispered, her own heart was thudding in her chest, she felt pain knowing Krystal was feeling pain.

“But you're mad at me.”

“No guy can get between us princess.” Though while she said it her eyes looked towards Chansik who stood there stock still. What was she to do if Krystal did like Chansik? She didn't think she could stick around if that happened, “Luna, scholarship student... you guys better get going before you're late for class... we'll be taking the morning off today...” 

Chansik hesitated but Luna nodded, “See you later unnie, come on Chansik, if we don't hurry all the good seats will be taken.” she sent them a warm smile before pulling Chansik with her, the boy kept watching them until the last moment, “Thank you Chansik.”

he looked down at Luna as they continued to walk with one another, she still guiding him even when he knew where they were going, “You're welcome? What did I do?”

Luna looked up, her own eyes glistening with tears that clashed with the honest bright smile on her face, “You brought Amber back to us, I've been working so hard these last two years but she just... she needed someone on the outside I guess.” She laughed and squeezed his hand, “You're officially my favorite person Chansik.”

He blushed and shook his head, “I didn't do anything, whatever's going on with Amber she's helped herself, or maybe it was her brother, he made a surprise visit today.”

Luna looked shocked then blushed, “Himchan's here?”

“You didn't know, he said you've talking him so I figured...”

She laughed and looked away, “Himchan's really back then... man it's been so long, if I'd known all I had to do was get Amber to kiss someone to get him to come back I'd have made her have her first kiss a while ago.” she squeezed his hand and looked back up at him, “It's really settled then, you really are an angel Chansik, anyone able to bring back both siblings has to have some kind of celestial power to them.” she laughed and pulled him quickly along, “You're sitting with me today!”

(A/N- I've decided my new years resolution this year is to hug Himchan, or maybe if I make it 'I will not hug Himchan' it will actually happen <3 no, but really, give BAP some love peeps, I love those guys^^)