Final

Do You Like Percy?

     The day Jeon Jungkook ever laid his eyes on the popular senior Kim Taehyung, he swore his heart stopped beating. It amazed him how beautiful  someone can be standing in front of the school gate greeting people with his boxy grin.

 

     Jungkook seemed to be in dazed that he didn`t heard the school bell had rung. He jolted back into reality when someone tapped him on his shoulder.

 

     “Hey Jungkook! Looks like we`re late today,” a too happy grinned of his best friend Jimin made the younger looked at him judgingly. They ran together to the gate when they saw one of the school council member already half way on closing the gate.

 

     Jimin yelled for the person to stop as both of them slipped into their school compound using their small and flexible body. As both gasped for air, someone had shadowed Jungkook from the sun. He looked up and felt his face getting redder rather than normal.

 

     His heart beating so fast that he thought he gonna fainted if it didn`t slow down for a minute. Meanwhile, Jimin grinned at the blond hair guy that stood  in front of him. “Yoogi hyung! I never thought we met again huh?”

 

     Gathering back his breathing, the youngest among them hid behind his short friend as he felt shy encountering a fine guy when he was not in his good behavior. Talk about first impression.

 

     If people don`t know any better, they would thought the younger cried or something with the way he constantly sniffed as he looked down at the floor. Taehyung who had his eyes glued to the younger felt a bit guilty.

 

     “h-hey, you do know you won`t get a detention until you hit the third strike right? Don`t cry,” both Jimin and Yoongi stopped what they arguing about to looked at Taehyung weirdly. They watched with hawk eyes as Taehyung awkwardly tapped Jungkook` s shoulder.

 

     Jungkook who just understood the situation looked up to the older guy with big eyes. “W-what? I`m not crying!” he explained with a squeaky voice as his face became more red, if that even possible.

 

     Taehyung sighed in relief and put on his infamous box smile. “So.. what`s your name little one?” the question made Jimin scowled slightly while mumbling “Little my ,” making him getting a sharp jab from his young friend.

 

     “J-Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook,” the younger replied with a small voice while clutching on his bagpack straps. “Well Jungkookie, I hope I don`t see you anymore!” the other answered cheerfully but then took back his word.

 

“Wait! I mean it`ll be nice to meet you again but just not when you late. Wait! No! That sounds wrong too! I mean I-ah! See you somewhere in school?”

 

     Jungkook tilted his head and found himself smiling softly at the other fluttered babbled. He giggled softly and nodded. “Sure..?” the younger looked at him with a questioning gazed.

 

     Taehyung felt his stomach churning badly like when he is nervous as his ears caught the heavenly voice of the black hair guy. He woke his from his daydream when Yoongi answered the younger. “Taehyung, that guy is Kim Taehyung. Now you” the blond hair guy pointed to Jimin. “Follow me. You,” he then pointed to Jungkook. “Go to your class.”

 

     Jungkook nodded his head and gave a small waved to Taehyung while mumbling to the older. “See you somewhere in school to Taehyunggie,” he then jogged into the school building leaving Taehyung with a butterfly in his stomach and a wide smile.

 

     It`s been a week after the late incident. Both Jungkook and Taehyung greeted each other whenever they bumped at school. Sometimes stealing glances and giving shy smiles.

 

      Jungkook had decided that what he felt for the older is a crush. Yet, he was still shy to take a step and wooed the older.

 

     Little did he knew Taehyung had been feeling the same thing way back on their first meet. Although the older is usually a straight forward kind of guy, for some unknown reason he felt like he should took a small careful step when it came to Jungkook.

 

     It was a month after that, they met at a train. It was a pure coincidence but both sure that it was more than that. Maybe.. just maybe fate had helped them a bit.

 

     Taehyung for some sort of reason turned to his left. The train was not as crowd as the weekdays but there were fairly a few youngsters and elders standing or sitting minding their own business.

 

    He thought he just imagining the younger. It was not that weird since Jungkook always occupied every corner of his brain and heart. But this one, it just so solid to be one of his hallucination making him stared at the younger without blinking.

 

     Feeling like someone staring at him, Jungkook turned to his right only to meet Taehyung`s eyes. The two stared at each other for quite a while before Jungkook took the first step and walked to the older.

 

     Taehyung admitted he freaked out yet excited. The younger took a sit beside him and pulled away his earphones to converse with him.

 

     They started off with a shy ‘hi’ and ‘hello’ before an awkward silence is drowning them. Thank god Jungkook had a conversation starter planned on his head a few moment ago.

 

     “So hyung.. where are you going?” he asked while eyeing the bagpack that been sat by the elder feet. Taehyung smiled and chirped happily. “Busan! My old friend want to hang out so I thought why not? Our school closed for a week and I have nothing better to do.”

 

     Jungkook looked at him with eyes that light up brightly it blinded Taehyung for a moment over how beautiful and pretty he looked at that time. “Wait? You`re from Busan too? How come you never slip over your accent?” the excited young boy spoke out loud with his accent making him sounded twice cuter.

 

     Taehyung sure his heart wasn`t ready for a sudden aegyo but his conscious seemed to hold himself well from spilling a girly squealed. “Oh no, I`m from Daegu but my friend Jihoon born there but then move out to my hometown before when back to Busan three days after I move to Seoul.”

 

     Jungkook blushed at his sudden excitement and let out a small ‘oh’ as acknowledgement. “What about you? Where are you going?” the younger looked back to Taehyung and answered without hesitating.

 

     “Going to my grandparents’ house. Live there with them until middle school . Always been my routine to visit them when I can,” he smiled fondly remembering his beautiful memories with his grandparents. Taehyung who stared at the younger couldn`t help thinking that the guy beside him is indeed an angel fallen from the sky.

 

     In cue, their train stopped at their destination. The two walked out together and stood outside the train station. Jihoon, the mentioned friend had waited for him with another guy who is a lot taller than him.

 

     The two saw the short guy waved at Taehyung as he told him to wait there. He then turned to Jungkook.

 

     “I guess I see you around?” he rubbed his neck and smiled softly. The younger nodded and gave him a small waved like the first time they met.

 

     “We`ll see, see you later Taehyunggie,” Jungkook then ran to an elderly couple who waited not too far from his friends. He saw his crush turning back to him and waved once more before he walked away.

 

     It was a fun week for Taehyung. He stayed at Jihoon`s house and hung out with his friends. Never did he thought, his old cool friend now had a whole 13 members squad. Obviously all of them are so young from him.

 

     Sadly he didn`t encountered with Jungkook over his stay at Busan. He missed the younger cute and sweet smile that match along his soothing voice.

 

     Since he forgot to ask for the cute black hair boy`s number, he can only hope for fate to make them stumbled at the station. But looks like fate ignored his request he went home by the same train after staying for three days.

 

     School opened 4 days after. Taehyung came early just like he always been to finished his duty as the member of school council and maybe took a peek at Jungkook`s classroom.

 

     Jungkook on the other hand was sneezing badly at home. He couldn`t believe that he caught a flu two days before school started and still hadn`t yet recovered.

 

     His mother had brought him to the hospital and the doctor already gave him a sick letter in case he still didn`t feel well later. He sighed and drank a cup of water from his night stand before texting Jimin about his absent.

 

     For the remaining day all he ever did was playing video games, watching youtube and just browsing the internet in general. Around 5 in the evening suddenly his doorbell rung.

 

    Thinking it`s Jimin came for a visit, he threw the used tissue on the way to the main door. He tamed his hair to look at least presentable so his friend wouldn`t worried about him that much.

 

     Opening the door without hesitation he looked up at his visitor. “Hey Ji-Taehyung?” the younger blurted out loud with shocked evident in his voice.

 

     The mention guy put on his infamous boxy grin and held out two plastics bag in front of Jungkook. “Surprise?” the younger blinked and stared at him with confusion until he cleared his throat.

 

     “I..I heard from Jimin that you`re sick so I thought I should.. you know.. come and cheer you up?” Jungkook felt fuzzy and warmed at the older words. He couldn`t help but giggled softly and took a step aside to invite him in.

 

     “Thank you for coming but you don`t have to bring anything with you,” the younger mumbled shyly as he put the plastics bags that full of food and fruits. He served the foods on the plate and reheat it before asking the older to join him eating his early dinner at his room.

 

     Both settled down on Jungkook`s floor with a small gap between each other. The younger switched on the TV before started to eat.

 

     Taehyung  threw a few glances at his crush admiring his side profile and the way the other stuffing his food cutely. He then scanned the room and took note over a rack of video games and PS4 with it`s controllers set neatly at one side of the room.

 

     His eyes scanned at the area around the TV and smiled slightly over odd figurines stood at the table. He then turned to the bookshelf that still half empty looking at the books cover until one-no sets of familiar book cover.

 

     “No way,” he mumbled lowly. Jungkook who caught up over the anime that been aired turned to Taehyung when he heard him saying something. He then turned to his bookshelf and raised an eyebrow not knowing what is odd.

 

     Taehyung smirked as he looked back at the younger. “So.. Percy Jackson and The Olympians or Heroes of Olympus?” If Jungkook was drinking he sure he will spat out the water.

 

     “D-do you like Percy too?” the younger scooted closer still cannot believe he found someone having the same interest with him especially his favourite book. Taehyung chuckled and nodded.

 

     “Hell yeah! I just rarely use the pun to avoid people looking at me weirdly,” he admitted. “Me too! But sometimes I can`t help it so it sometimes spill from my mouth when I`m too mad or happy” Jungkook exclaimed with his bunny teeth poked out from his blinding smile.

 

From that day on, the two felt closer than ever as they created their own world where only both of them exist.

 

Bonus end~

 

     “Have you took the ‘Who`s your God/Goddess parent’ quiz?” Taehyung asked as he laid on Jungkook`s lap. The younger nodded and played with the other`s hair. “I got Hades. I still can`t believe I`m Nico`s younger brother,” he jokingly answered. Taehyung grinned. “I got Poseidon! Do you know what that’s mean?” he raised his eyebrow and smirked playfully. Jungkook though for a moment before looking down to the older. “Now way! we`re-” Taehyung cut him off with a nod.

“We`re definitely the Korean version of Percico”

 

 

 

 

----------

A/N: hey guys~ xD I didn`t double check for any grammatical error or spelling error sorry if it scattered a lot x.x anyway I hope you enjoy it! I actually enjoy writing this one since it`s the forst time I wrote taekook budding love era xD with a hint of pjo/heroes of olympus ;D  

till then see you in the next one shot~