Imitation of Life

Imitation of Life

"You're nothing but an imitation of life. It's pathetic, really, it's so ing pathetic."

 

As those words lingered, a ticking bomb set off in Sehun as he growled, instantly plunging forward and trapping Jongin in between his body and the wall. Jongin just sneered as the robot's fingers curled up, latching onto the human's black sweatshirt.

 

"What? Can't take the truth?" Jongin whispered, in a low sinister tone. Shoving Jongin into the wall again, Sehun's eyes jaded in fury. "That emotion is called anger. Ever simulated that before?" Jongin said, somewhat unfazed by push. With no words said, Sehun stared into Jongin's light brown eyes, searching for something -- anything -- other than hatred and disgust.

"No. You haven't. Because you're not a ing human. What gives you the right to pretend to be one of us?" shoving Sehun away, the other raked his lean fingers through his black shaggy locks. Jongin's eyes stared back into Sehun's, one more judging, as if it were meant to translate into 'I want you ing dead.'

 

"You're unwanted and plain corrupt," this time Jongin's face morphed into one of indignation as he spat his words. "Who the thought making an inhumane thing such as yourself was a genius idea?"

 

"I'm alive too, Jongin."

 

"No you aren't," the human yelled back, "I would say you're dead but you weren't even alive to begin with."

 

Dark hazel nut eyes transitioned into a mixture of red and blue. Jongin's brows furrowed as he took note of Sehun's new eye colour.

 

"What does it take for me to seem human to you?" In a haste, Sehun punched the wall, his whole fist instantly disappearing from Jongin's line of vision. Chest rising and falling, Sehun heaved a huge gasp before a stream of tears slipped down his porcelain cheeks. "Are my emotions not human enough?"

 

Jongin scoffed, turning his head away from the machine that stood no more than two feet away. "No. You will never be human enough."

 

"Jongin" Sehun whimpered, balling his fists as he watched said male walk away with his hands stuffed inside his jean pockets. Sehun was left alone with his robotic heart humming to the beat of Jongin's footsteps.