Chapter 7

The Wu Family's Pet Owl

Okay, I've added the lost part. And this chapter isn't as fluffy as the other because I need to move the plot along. Hopefully we can go back to more fluff on the next chapter.


 

Sehun is a self proclaimed cuddle monster. He loved backhugging his Kyungie-hyung. He loved hugging his Yeollie-hyung. He loved taking a nap with his head resting on Kris-hyung’s lap.

But lately, he noticed a change in the pattern. He was no longer the one doing the hugging; instead he was the one being hugged.

It started subtly with Kyungie-hyung. It used to be, Sehun was the one clinging to the petite Omega. Sehun would draped himself all over the older boy’s back, face buried on the crook of Kyungsoo’s neck, long hands wrapped firmly around the small waist, back hunched a bit because of the difference in height.

Now Kyungie-hyung would wordlessly fit himself into Sehun’s arms. His hands would grasp at the back of Sehun’s shirt. He’d bury his face at the hollow between Sehun’s clavicles; once in a while he would tilt his face up a bit and nosed at Sehun’s Adam apple with the tip of his nose.

They’d stay that way for some time, until Chanyeol came over and dropped a kiss on top of Kyungsoo’s head.

“Break it up you two. We need to get going or else we’ll be late.”

Kyungsoo would reluctantly let go and went to climb inside the car, grumbling all the way.

At the campus, things weren’t any better. The three housemates would split, with Kyungsoo giving Sehun one last hug before he walked off to his class. Chanyeol would ruffle Sehun’s hair and lightly pecked Sehun’s nape before he too went to his own class.

At this point, Jongin would usually show up and proceeded to slung his arm around Sehun’s shoulder.

This had never happened during high school.

Usually, it was Sehun who initiated any skinship with Jongin, but lately, Jongin was the one who couldn’t stop touching Sehun. But even if it was out of the ordinary, Sehun wasn’t about to complain, he liked the warmth and weight of Jongin’s arm, moreover since the contact was always short lived.

The one who broke it was Kris.

The purebred Alpha would come out of anywhere and came straight to Sehun. Jongin was usually cowered by Kris’ intimidating stare and would release Sehun and moved away, leaving a gap between their two bodies. Kris always nodded at Jongin, seemingly polite, but Jongin knew that the purebred Alpha disliked his presence.

Since Kris was in his last year, he was extremely busy. Still he made it a point to scentmark his pack member every day. Sehun didn’t really need Kris’ scent since he was a purebred Alpha himself, but for some reason Kris had gotten very territorial over him.

The leader would wrap Sehun with his big arms and squeezed hard. He’d splay one of his big palms on Sehun’s back while the other rubbed softly at the fine hairs on Sehun’s nape. After he was satisfied, Kris would go to look for Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, leaving Sehun with one last peck on his cheek and a withering glare at Jongin’s direction.

Once Kris left, Jongin would be all over Sehun again. Sometimes Sehun had his suspicion that Jongin wanted to scentmark him too, but the idea was absurd because they were best of friends, not pack mates. Still, whenever they happened to share the same class, which was often, Jongin would sit beside him with their sides pressed together. If Jongin moved just a little bit closer, he would have ended up sitting on Sehun’s lap.

Kyungsoo and Jongin clinginess continued on for several weeks. Sehun had gotten used to it so he didn’t even bat an eyelash when one night Kyungsoo crept into his room and snuggled up to sleep with him. Sehun only rolled over and hugged the smaller Omega back.

The next morning, Sehun almost got toppled by Jongin who enthusiastically hugged the daylight out of him. Even Kris’ growl was almost not enough to make him let go of Sehun. But as Kris’ growl grew louder, Jongin came back to himself and he jumped away from Sehun, a sheepish smile flashed across his face before a look of pure terror replaced it.

Kris had let out a bit of his wolf’s side. And it was downright scary. Even Sehun gulped nervously as he felt his pack leader’s aura.

“Hyung?” He asked with a slight quiver in his voice.

That snapped Kris back. He hissed and the killing atmosphere dispersed, leaving only a chilling sensation on their skin. Kris abruptly turned and stalked away without even a glance at Sehun’s direction.

During lunch, things got a bit more interesting.

Sehun walked to the cafeteria with Jongin in tow, the latter’s arm had found its way around Sehun’s shoulder again. Then the minute they stepped inside the dining hall, Jongin dropped the skinship. They queued up for their meals and joined their peers.

By some unspoken agreement, the seating around the table were fixed. Kris sat at the head of the table, Chanyeol to his left and Kyungsoo to his right. Then on Chanyeol’s left was Baekhyun and on Baekhyun’s left was Jongdae. Sehun would sit on Kyungsoo’s right and Jongin on Sehun’s right.

But Sehun, and Jongin, was thrown for a loop when they found that the table seating had changed. Chanyeol sat at the head of the table with Kris on his right and Kyungsoo on his left. Baekhyun and Jongdae sat at their usual place but both wore a matching amused expression. Kyungsoo looked dejected, Chanyeol looked confused and Kris looked smug.

“Hi hyungs.” Sehun greeted as he took his seat beside Kris and Jongin reluctantly followed with his own ‘Hi hyungs.’

Sehun was curious but the bubble tea Kris placed on his tray distracted him from further questioning. For some reason, the conversation was stilted. Chanyeol wasn’t his usual chatty self, Kyungsoo was even more quieter than usual while Jongin looked sullen as he picked on his food. Once in a while he would cast furtive glance toward Kyungsoo. Unbeknownst to him, Kyungsoo also stole many glances at him. Baekhyun and Jongdae had a hard time containing their laugh when they saw Kris disapproving look at the exchange.

Sehun was oblivious to the whole situation while Chanyeol finally caught on to what was going on around the table. He looked resigned and with a long suffering sigh he pushed his tray away.

“Yeol?” Kris asked when he noticed that Chanyeol had stopped eating.

Chanyeol looked at him with a disappointed frown but said nothing. He crossed his arms and leaned back on his chair. Everyone, except Sehun who was still enjoying his bubble tea, stopped to stare. They waited for Kris’ reaction. This was the first time Chanyeol openly showed any dislike toward Kris.

Kris and Chanyeol looked at each other for some moment, a silent conversation passed between them. But it was Kyungsoo’s sigh that broke the contact. The two Alphas visibly deflated. Kris’ leg found Kyungsoo’s under the table and he brushed against it in an unspoken apology. Chanyeol ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair and that was the end of it.

Chanyeol’s face remained neutral as he felt Kris’ knee nudged his under the table. He remained stoic when Kris not so subtly slid his chair closer to Chanyeol. But he couldn’t help the small smile from lighting up his face when Kris leaned over to nose at his jawline and whispered ‘I’m sorry’ into his ear.