Watch where you put your letter! [Edited]

The feels letter [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “I’m so bored! School started two weeks ago, but I already want it to finish!”, Yuri yawned as she rested her head on her left palm.

Eun Ji and Yuri had been in the cafeteria since the lunchbreak started, waiting for Bak Ha to arrive too so that they would eat at the same time, but the break was almost over now and there still was no sign of Bak Ha around.

Yuri suddenly looked at her watch then slightly frowned: “Eun Ji…there are only 6 minutes left from our lunch break. Where is Bak Ha? Do you think something happened to her?”, she asked, starting to look concerned.

Eun Ji tapped her chin with her index finger then shook her shoulders “Hmm I don’t know…Maybe someone kidnaped her. But don’t worry, they’ll let her go the second after she starts talking about her theory on how our planet is actually a square, but everyone is lying to us because NASA apparently wants to hide the existence of cow-like aliens!”, she grinned and clapped her hands: “Ah. I live for her stories!”

“You and your way of exaggerating, Jinnie!”, Yuri shook her head chuckling.

“Umm… She actually talked to me about that…” , Eun Ji scratched her head.

“Wait wh--”, Yuri couldn’t finish her idea as someone suddenly punched their table, making both her and Eun Ji jump in their seats.

“And it is done!”, a victorious looking Bak Ha said, holding her right palm on the center of the table under which could be seen the corner of a folded paper.

 Eun Ji straightened her back as she fanned herself with her hand to calm down after the scare she got a few moments ago: “What’s done? My life? Because girl did you scare me…”

“Ah, sorry ‘bout that!”, Bak Ha gave them a cheeky smile before raising her palm from the table and pointing her finger at the spoken piece of paper: “I’m finally doing it today! I’m going to confess to Kang Ha Neul!!!”, she started squeaking in delight.

“WHAT?!”, both Eun Ji and Yuri jumped out of their chairs surprised. However they weren’t surprised in the same way: a genuine smile spread across one’s face while a deep frown spread across the other’s.

A pissed off Eun Ji took one step to reach Bak Ha and without hesitation she flicked her friend’s forehead: “Are you out of your mind more than you usually are?? Are you still not over him? You’ve been head over heels for him since we entered high school! Don’t you see how much of a player he is?! He doesn’t care about any of the girls he dates and all of them suffer so much because of that jerk! I don’t want to see you get hurt by him too!”, Eun Ji reasoned.

“Auch!”, Bak Ha pouted as she massaged her forehead: “You’re always like this Jinnie! What has he EVER done to you that you’re so against him? If I were to recall, weren’t you and him best friends growing up? Why do you listen to all those rumors people are saying when you yourself keep babbling about how rumors are made by people who don’t have anything interesting to do with their lives?”, Bak Ha retorted, starting to raise her tone.

“I’m not listening to any of those rumors, but I see those poor girls crying because of him every single day!”, Eun Ji shouted even louder.

At that time, everyone in the cafeteria had already started throwing them weird looks, finally finding something interesting to watch.

Yuri tried reasoning with Eun Ji to let Bak Ha do whatever makes her happy and accomplished: “Maybe…maybe Ha Neul has never been in love before and that’s why he treated those girls so trivially!”, she tried to explain

Eun Ji crossed her arms and scoffed at what she was hearing: “Yuri, you’re both too naïve! Do you think that heartless player will fall in love with Bak Ha?”

“Pff ‘Do you think he will fall in love with Bak Ha? Like why would he fall in love with Bak Ha because Bak Ha is stupid blah blah’ ”, Bak Ha started mimicking Eun Ji in a way that Eun Ji found very offending: “You’re lucky I’m not like one of those pampered girlies who would start crying the second they would hear you running your big mouth!”, she finished as she stuck her whole tongue out.

“Hey, I never said anything about you being stupid! AND I DON’T TALK LIKE THAT!!”, Eun Ji huffed.

 “You know what? Do whatever you like, but don’t come running to me with a broken heart because I can’t wait to tell you ‘I told you so!’ ”, she clicked her tongue then went to get her bag to go to her next class: “Now see you later. I have a history report I need to present.”, she angrily mumbled as she stormed out of the cafeteria.

 

And they surely saw each other later because…

 

“I MESSED EVERYTHING UP!”, a horrified Bak Ha came running to Eun Ji’s locker while Eun Ji on the other hand just looked at her, confused, choosing the books she needed for her next class: “What are you talking about?”

“My letter!! The one I wanted to give Ha Neul…I PUT IT IN THE WRONG LOCKER!”

“What?!”, a dumbfounded Eun Ji shouted as she almost dropped her books down. “You didn’t give him the letter directly, but sneaked it into his locker!?”

“I didn’t have the courage to give it directly to him, okay? J –just please help me out, please!!”, Bak Ha begged utterly flustered.

Eun Ji put her books in her backpack then rested her hands on her hips and looked at Bak Ha as if she had grown a new head: “Heh!? Me? How and why am I supposed to help you with this?”

Bak Ha carefully looked around herself to assure no one was paying attention to them, then approached Eun Ji until she could whisper in her ear: “I know you know how to open these kind of locks…They’re like the safe ones, am I right?”

Suddenly Eun Ji jumped back in fear then quickly covered Bak Ha’s mouth with her left hand to make her shut up: “NO ONE has to know about that incident. Got it??”, she asked receiving hurried nods from her friend.

She eventually let go of Bak Ha as she continued, scratching her head: “But…I don’t have a stethoscope.”

“Ah, about that”-said Bak Ha as she started searching in her purse for something-“Have no worries, I do!”, just like that, she pulled out a stethoscope like there was no big deal having one.

Eun Ji stared at it confused for a few moments, wondering why she’d have a stethoscope in her purse, only to be woken up from her thoughts by an agitated Bak Ha who started dragging her to the locker where the letter was: “It’s not important where I got it from, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter