7,000 miles

Temperate

au: break up // genre: light-hearted melodrama(?) // this is actually an old fic i revised just now so sorry (-_-)v

 


 

A fifteen-hour flight from Seoul to ia may seem tiresome but an additional two hours of delay is too much. Then again, Hanbin’s not sure if this was even a good idea to begin with.

 

The skies are hidden and the heavy raindrops begin to fall. Hanbin flicks his phone unlock to check if there are any alterations with the weather but then stops midway. The rain was impossibly stubborn today, however, unlike Hanbin’s ex-boyfriend there were no comparing.

Koo Junhoe, the reckless bastard who broke up with him only a few hours ago through voicemail, was probably the biggest calamity in his entire post adolescent life. Although he was practically every living mortal’s dream and Hanbin’s (in which he proudly regrets now), Junhoe was actually a boy. In fact, Hanbin wouldn’t have even said ‘yes’ to become his boyfriend if it wasn’t for the face. He could even make a list of the many times Junhoe has either forgetten their anniversary or much less his birthday, which is by the way sad and highly absurd. But Hanbin would also credit the moments when he thought Junhoe was genuinely in love with him as well. He'd miss the way Junhoe holds him in his arms and brag him to his literally high friends. He'd also miss the smiles and the kisses a lot than he's expected.

Truth is Hanbin genuinely loved Junhoe to such extent. That’s why he’s going to fly across the globe and mope to his best friend about his tragic teenage romance.

So yes, Hanbin doesn’t feel like dying just so, but the small tears trickling down his cheeks say otherwise. And of course he feels like an idiot crying at the airport over a bad break-up. More importantly, Hanbin thinks it’s slightly inappropriate to be impulsive with his decisions, like today he’s actually going to crash into Bobby’s house and maybe stay there for a month (or two, maybe) just because.

And so there he thought his relationship with Junhoe was doing fine months ago, but then he’s proven wrong. He always knew by heart they were gonna last longer than this, even thought of forever, otherwise. But that’s just how it’s gonna be.

Hanbin checks his phone again. This time he really goes through the weather updates.