Tonight

Temperate

224 words


 

I’ll be right there with you.

The night’s cooler than usual and the broken heater isn’t much of a help, obviously. But they’re here. Alone together in the studio scribbling on blue lined papers and tapping on a wooden table to make a beat work.

Hanbin likes to think that these moments are the best. Not preferable but he can manage, as long as he's with Junhoe. And although they were a very unlikely match, they made it work.

Maybe.

Because that's the problem. Hanbin keeps trying and he's so much more than this, he knows, but it's too late to even back down now or ever. It had always been Junhoe, even though. He's definitely sure about it.

Hanbin shifts on his seat, adjusting the blanket he's draped around his shoulders. As the night sunk deeper, the studio felt more like a freezer. And one second later, he finds Junhoe wrapping is arms around him.

They spent the hours snugged together and Hanbin feels it again. He feels the pain of being too in love. As it was worth trying, it will also be worth crying. And that's what he does.

Junhoe keeps his mouth shut, keeps himself from saying something embarrassing. He just kisses Hanbin's sad tears away and hugs him a little tighter.

"Sometimes love isn't enough," he whispers this time.