II: Mission Impossible

☄mystique (everything is Unexpected)

 

November 27, 2009, 12:28pm

Cheon Eun POV

After the funeral service, I stared out the van window as the trees and landscape blurred by. I managed to make out a small little farm in the distance. I smiled as I remembered when I was young, running around the fields and chasing all the darn pregnant chickens that seemed to be running away from giving birth back in the barn. I would helplessly cling onto their soft bodies and try picking them up before they pecked my hands and I dropped them back onto the floor. Yeah, I’ll admit, I think I killed one of them that way before...

But while I’d sit there, wiped out from trying to catch those little fluffballs of evil, my dad would let out his hearty chuckle and I’d turn around, seeing him holding a very fat chicken.

“Appa...” I groaned. “Stop showing off.”

“I’m not showing off,” he snickered. “I’m here to teach you.” Then he set down the morbidly obese chicken and let it flap away. “Catch it.”

“What? Well...I don’t want to.” I rolled my eyes. “It’s just a stupid chicken. We have, like 20 more. Besides, everyone else likes cows more.” I knew my family would choose hamburgers over chicken s any day.

“Well I don’t know, Cheon Eun,” he hummed. “...but I think that one has your allowance on it.”

I snapped my head to the white chicken. And there it was, a cream-colored envelope attacked to its . I jumped to my feet and sprinted straight towards it. But the closer I got towards it, the farther it seemed to run away. Desperately, I lunged forward and ta-da! The chicken was in my hands. I beamed proudly, turning it around to show off to my dad. Suddenly, the chicken bit me. Yeah, it freakin’ BIT ME! I squeaked and dropped it onto the ground, and it rushed away like a girl does from a .

My eyes watered at the sight of my hand trickling blood. Before I could wail about it like a typical kid, I felt my father’s hand wrap a bandage around it. I glanced up at him. “What was that for, Dad?”

“It was a lesson.” He replied.

“What kind of strange lesson is that supposed to be?”

“It’s only fun if you guess.”

“Dad, clearly this isn’t fun.” I pointed to my injury.

He sighed. “Think of it this way. You’re chasing after something you want so much. You fight, thrash about, and sacrifice all you have just for that one thing. But when you get it, it bites you back, and you’re left deciding whether it’s still worthwhile or not.” He finished healing my hand and looked at me. “Bottom line is, don’t give up everything for one little thing unless it’s really worthwhile. Nothing lasts forever, but you have to find the thing that makes you feel like it’s really everlasting.”

I stood there with a stupefied expression plastered onto my face. He smiled. “I won’t always be there for you to help you when you begin encountering your own problems. But I trust that you’ll make the best decisions for yourself and for others.” He turned around and began dragging the chickens back into the barn before they dropped eggs everywhere.

Back then, I didn’t care for any advice he gave me. How I wish I could take all my ignorance back and thank him for everything. A single tear escaped my eyes as I bitterly lowered my eyes to my lap.

I’ll get them back, Appa. I’ll do whatever it takes to make them suffer and regret their wrongdoing. I won’t stop until justice is served. I won’t stop until you’re at peace.

I felt So Eul rub my hand soothingly. I looked up at her with teary eyes. She softly smiled back. And I won’t be alone.

 

Iseul POV

Back at the headquarters, the other girls and I trampled into Ryul’s office. We sat down on the black loveseat, er, well, 4 of us did. So Eul, Jihae, Cheon Eun, and I sank onto the soft leather seats while the other three hopped on our laps.

“Oof!” I groaned. Our mighty shikshin had leaped into me. “Get off, fattie.”

“ it up,” Hanri stuck out her tongue and pouted. I giggled and lightly slapped her head, but not before Jihae hushed us. She pointed to Cheon Eun, who was still staring into the distance with a glum expression. I immediately quieted down and my heart wrenched at the sight of our poor unnie. She must feel terrible right now.

My thoughts dispersed as Ryul strutted into the room and slammed the door shut. The other girls jolted awake and focused all their attention on her.

“Good afternoon, girls.” She sat down onto the rolly chair and faced us.

“Good afternoon, Ryul-ssi.” We replied.

“This has been a very tragic weekend so far with the loss of our highest power and father to one of our best girls around,” she continued. We nodded our heads. Cheon Eun suddenly become very interested in the flowers on Boss’s table. “But as Seoul’s biggest spy company around, we do not accept losing.” She gritted her teeth. We nodded our heads again. Cheon Eun was having a staring contest with the flowers.

“As a way to make them sorry for their crime, my secretaries and I have created the most lovely and devious plan to get them back,” she smirked. Cheon Eun snapped up at the thought. All 7 of us leaned forward and our curious faces pressed her on. “We sent our spies to the Woollim hideout. Turns out they recently formed an entertainment company and have pretty little trainees there! And what kind of trainees? Spy trainees, like ours? NO! They have pathetic idol trainees!” She slapped the table and cracked up. The rest of us just stared back at her with blank faces. She glanced at us and regained her composure. “Ahem. So, they’re planning to debut 7 young boys as a boy group sometime next year. This is where you guys come in. You will debut as a girl group and enchant the boys and befriend them into trusting you. Then you can finish them off however you like. Make sure, though, that it’ll be so bad, Woollim will be begging us for our mercy.” She proudly grinned at her work of art idea.

7 pairs of eyes widened and 7 jaws dropped.

 

Hanri POV

We sat there, dumbfounded.

A GIRL GROUP!?!??!?!!?

YOU MEAN ONE THAT SINGS AND DANCES AND MAKES STUPID CONSTIPATED ANNOYING CUTE FACES EVERYWHERE?!??!!

WHAT KIND OF MISSION IS THIS?!!!??!

“R-ryul-ssi...” I stuttered.

“I know, I know, brilliant idea, right?” she giggled. “You’ll be training like an “idol” starting from tomorrow onwards. We hired the best vocal and dance coaches around. Not that you’ll need them, of course. That’s why there’s autotune.” She winked. “You guys are dismissed today. Make the most out of your free time for the rest of the day, because tomorrow, you’ll be taking “the hard life of an idol” but it’ll be worth it because your “dreams” will come true.” She skipped (WTF???) towards the door and flung it open. “Later, my dearests!”

When she disappeared, all of us looked at each other with horrified faces. Then, we slowly buried our faces in our arms and did one thing.

Scream.

And then we lost all our voices so we were forced to stay in our dorms and eat low fat ice cream for the rest of the night.



 

Oooh...this is where the fun starts.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed that^^ Comments are loved <3

Later my babies!