프리마돈나 (PRIMADONNA)

☄mystique (everything is Unexpected)

Here's the surprise, guys! A rival group! 

*Note: TEEN TOP (MYSTIQUE's brothaah group) is going after them.


 

     Primadonna is a 6-member South Korean girl group under Woollim Entertainment, home to other artists such as INFINITE, Nell, and Epik High. The girls released their mini album labeled This New Style and debuted on M!Countdown on October 1st, 2009, with their debut single “Like the First Time.” Unfortunately, they drew much negative response for their “too-y” concept and “no presence whatsoever” in their performances. In hopes to bounce back, Primadonna began promoting their follow-up track “Hot Issue” beginning on December 20th, 2009. However, the public was still unimpressed with the group and disregarded them. Many believed that their career was over before it even began, but they were soon proved wrong.

     Around mid-July in 2010, Woollim began unleashing teasers for Primadonna’s comeback. Even though there was still a strong resentment against the girls, much interest was garnered as the teasers displayed a stronger but less suggestive theme. On July 30th, their first full album Playing with Fire was released, and on the 31st the full MV for their title track “XOXO” was revealed.  The next day they began their promotions for “XOXO” on SBS Inkigayo. Netizens were blown away by Primadonna’s powerful performance and the comeback was hotly debated online. Overall, many were impressed by the group’s general improvement and believed that they had the potential to become big hits in the industry.

     The August 13 episode of Music Bank proved their claim as Primadonna was awarded their very first #1. Soon after, the girls began clinching wins performance after performance. In total, they have received a triple crown award from Inkigayo, two wins on M!Countdown, and 4 consecutive wins on Music Bank. On October 1st, they released their repackaged version of their album with another track titled “Go Away.” They restarted their promotions on October 7th’s episode of M! Countdown. A week later they quickly snagged #1 and by the end of promoting, they won 3 times for “Go Away.”

     By then Primadonna elevated from being neglected underdogs to one of the top rising stars in the music industry. After “Go Away,” they took nearly a year-long break, as several members began appearing on variety shows, dramas, CFs, and solo work. Around the third quarter of 2011, it was rumored that Primadonna would return to the industry by the end of the year. Woollim confirmed the hearsay and revealed that it was true: the girls were in the midst of practicing for their highly-anticipated comeback. After unleashing several teasers, Primadonna’s second mini album Frost was released. Shortly after, their dramatic MV for their title track “Cry Cry,” starring the group’s maknae, was unveiled. Their comeback spread like wildfire and it was agreed that Primadonna did not disappoint at all. They kicked off promotions on November 11th and won twice.

     In the second week of December, though, they suddenly ended their promotions. Netizens clamored for an answer and worried over the well-being of the girls. In response to the chaos, Woollim stepped up and responded, “Primadonna ended “Cry Cry” promotions early because they are preparing for their international debut. They will soon release a song that is in all English and is targeted towards worldwide listeners. This is only a little experiment and there are no plans for a tour yet because the group is still trying to find its place in the Korean industry. The girls are perfectly fine. Thank you for your concern and please continue showing your love and support for Primadonna.” Keeping their promise, on December 14th, the girls released their single “Nu Shoes.” It has only been so long, but their track has been garnering positive responses from fans from all over the world.

     When interviewed about Primadonna’s success, Woollim’s CEO gushed that he was not surprised. “After the harsh criticism from the public, the girls were determined to prove themselves worthy of being idols. In addition to their diet, which led the girls lose an average of 5 kg, they rehearsed tirelessly for 12 hours a day. Their strict rehearsal days consisted of 4 hours of vocal training, followed by 4 hours of dance class, and another 4 hours of education and composition. Their hard work has clearly paid off, and I am proud to call them my “daughters” in the industry,” he added. It couldn’t have been said any better.

~MEET THE MEMBERS~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

Alrighty guys, there's the rival group. Congrats to LoveLikeChocolate, mrsleekikwang, FanFicWriter20, yoonii, --insipidlove, and melon-ie!

For the rest of you guys, don't feel upset! I really did love all your applications, which was why I took such a long time choosing the rest of the members. I PROMISE you that you will ALL still be in the story! Thank you so much, though, for showing your love and support for this story. It means a lot to me guys^^

So, I'm gonna be gone for a while, but I'll comeback soon and get this party started!!! Whoohoooo!!!~

(incoming gif spam to celebrate)