one

pretty doesn't have to hurt

The three words that hurt Jimin the most would probably be "You're so pretty!"

It's a phrase that Jimin hears a lot. Every fansign, every concert -- hell, even every cat call down the street. It's a phrase that hurts him more than the physical work he did to perfect the dances in the repetoire.

He never wanted to hear that phrase for as long as he lived. Jimin never thought he was pretty. Behind the stage life, he was just an average kid with the biggest, most idiotic glasses. He cried himself to sleep most nights because the pain from his invisalign hurt his mouth so much. He stayed up for so many nights, two-hour teeth whitening treatment making his gums pulse slowly. 

And it's not until Yoongi finds him one night curled up on the bathroom floor, various beauty products around the younger that he finally understood what "pretty hurts" meant. 

"You don't need... Makeup products, or anything, to know that I'll still love you every way. With any positive adjective you'd like." Yoongi slowly approached the younger one. Jimin pushed up his glasses, sniffling.

Yoongi doesn't know how he ended up spooning with the dark-haired younger, but he was sure it was a good thing, because when Jimin turned to the older one, there was a smile on his face, much brighter than the glaring morning light that Yoongi grew to love because of the sunshine in his lap.