Chapter 13

With or Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air was chilly tonight  and a hot cup of coffee was helping a bit warm his cold hands.  Sitting on one of the seats facing the Han river, Myungsoo was waiting patiently at the cafe in Yanghwa Bridge while gazing at the peaceful waters of the river and the dancing night lights from the nearby city.  Nervousness crept in him as the time you both agreed upon draws near.  He heaved out a heavy sigh as he looked nervously at the warm mug that's keeping his hands heated.  Part of him knows that the possibility of you not showing up tonight is high but at the back of his head he still hoped that you would still do.

10 minutes passed after 9pm, and Myungsoo is still sitting all alone in the cafe.  He once again nervously checked his phone for the time and to see if any message came in.  After seeing that no messages came in, he gently placed the phone back on the table.  He took another sip of his coffee as he anxiously watch all the people who walked in the cafe wishing that one of them would be you.

Another 15 Minutes had passed.  He is already starting to get disheartened and is silently debating if he would just give up and leave or stay and still wait for you to arrive.  However, he remembered his promise to you that he would wait for you no matter how long it takes.  Another heavy sigh escaped him.  He is wondering if he made the right choice in making you come on your own.  With the looks of it, you not showing up today and leaving him behind is getting really feasible. A pinch of pain in his chest was felt.  Just thinking about not being by your side pained him.  But then again, he knew that the cause of all your sorrow was you so called best friend.  He wanted so badly to ease all your pains away but how he will do it is unclear to him since Jin has been a part of your life and it will be difficult for him to compete with history.   He was already considering the first option when he heard the cafe door open and saw you enter the place.   His heart fluttered the moment he saw you scanning the place looking for him and a smile escaped his lips.  You smiled sweetly the moment you saw his beautiful face and nodded as you slowly walked towards his direction.
 

"I'm sorry I'm late." you shyly said to him as you slowly took the seat in front of him.  He just shook his head as the smile never left his face.  A sigh of relief was etched in face and he tried to relax now that you have arrived.

"H-have you been waiting that long?"  you sadly asked while looking at him.  He bit his lip as he once again shook his head.

"I-I'm just glad you came." he said.  A small smile escaped your lips.

"I thought you'd never come." he said as a worried expression. despite the happy aura he is  emanating.  

"Do you want something to drink?" he queried as he shifted from his seat about to get up.  This time you shook your head.

"Thanks Myungsoo, but I think I'll have to pass today."

"Oh" was all Myungsoo was able to answer as he slowly sat back on his chair.  You rested your hands slowly on the table and a sigh escaped you.

"I-is everything ok, (y/n)?" a worried expression once again grazed his face the moment the question slipped out his mouth.  You bit your lip as you looked at your fiddling hands that were resting on the wooden table.

"Myungsoo, I came here because I want to tell you my decision face to face. You don't deserve to be stood up and be left alone hanging. You deserve to know the truth." You slowly stretched out your hand and gently took his hands away from the coffee mug that has been keeping them warm the whole time he was waiting for you.  His hands now felt a bit cold on your touch as he anticipated what you're going to say.

"You're a wonderful person, Kim Myungsoo.  You're smart, funny and incredibly Sweet.  Any girl would be so lucky to have you.  I was lucky enough to know that you care for me,  but.... I can't accept your heart right now because my heart loved and was broken by a person so dear to me and as crazy as it sounds, it still belongs to him. " You said sadly as you held his hand tightly.   Myungsoo's heart dropped and a pain pinched his chest.  You on the other hand continued to hold on to his hand tightly.

"I don't want to be unfair to you and I know you deserve someone better. Better than me"  you said sadly

"Any girl except you?" he sadly scoffed as he slowly looked away from you. You don't know how to respond to his question so you awkwardly looked down on your hands that's still cover

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter