final

Date Night

Jimin had his forehead pressed to his arm, facing the wooden desk, which was lying across the table as he listened to the faint murmuring of the teacher, who stood in front of the class. It was Friday, and all he could think of was the training at the company that awaited him this weekend. They were close to another comeback.

Jimin should be really excited, but at this point, he was beyond being exhausted. Training until way past midnight, school at six in the morning. The on-going dieting he hated so much. It all felt a little too much lately.

A loud yawn escaped his mouth, pulling the class' attention on him.

Park Jimin!” the voice of his teacher boomed. “I don't care whether or not you pay attention to my class, but don't you dare disrupting it!”

Jimin jumped out of his seat, 90-degree-bowing and apologizing.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. It's not happening again. I'm really sorry!”

His teacher sighed and turned to teaching the class again, just as the bell rang and released the class into the weekend.

Theoretically.

Most of his classmates went to their tutors after school or – like he himself – went to their companies and straight into training.

Jimin stuffed his books into his backpack, and with a smile, he eyed it up and down. He had recently got it from ARMYs for his birthday and he really liked it. He felt happy about how thoughtful their fans were and bounced out of the room, a feeling of happiness spreading in his stomach – almost like butterflies.

He followed the masses of students down the halls to where their lockers were. Exam season came sooner than he wanted, so he was going to pick up a few books from his locker so he could study in the little spare time he had in between school, training and promotions.

Even though a lot of his class mates and most of the male students of the school were already used to idols visiting this school, others still screamed and freaked out when Jimin made his way down the hallway. He waved and smiled politely. There was nothing else he could do.

When he reached his locker, he was surrounded by girls handing him letters and gifts, some were taking pictures, others asked him for dates.

Jimin concentrated on typing in the correct code into the digital lock and pulled it open as the approval sound rang through to his ears. Just as he grabbed a stack of books and was about to shove them into his backpack, he saw something from the corner of his eye.

Something fell out of his locker.

A letter.

Without thinking, Jimin knelt down and swiftly picked the letter up and stuck it in his English textbook, before slamming the locker shut and turning around, pushing through the knot of people.

In front of the school building, his manager was already waiting for him, waving impatiently, telling him that he was late already. The speed of his feet picked up and Jimin jogged across the street and slid into the passenger's seat.

During the car ride – and as he was feeling unobserved, of course – Jimin fumbled for the note that was in his locker. Jimin didn't mean to brag, but he got a lot of love letters and such. But this particular one caught his attention.

It wasn't like someone just shove it in his locker. The note was stuck in between his books. Somebody put real effort to this one.

With his tongue tucked between his lips, he dug around his bag and almost let out a sound of triumph when the tips of his fingers grasped the paper.

He unfolded it and his eyes quickly scanned the lines written on the piece of paper. The writing was curly and instead of dots ending the sentences, this person had doodled little hearts. Despite biting down hard on his lips, a wide grin spread on Jimin's face and he felt his cheeks heat up.

Jimin-oppa! Ah, you looked so handsome and tall once again today. To me, you're the most handsome man in this world. I'm a little shy, but I would really like to meet up with oppa and get to know him better. If you want, meet me at our school gates at 8 tonight. I'll be waiting for you!”

Jimin let out a high pitched giggle, and was glad that his manager enjoyed listening to heavy metal really loudly while driving.

The whole car ride to the company's office, Jimin tried to figure out who he got the letter from. Maybe Areum from his Korean class? Young Ji from his Music class? Or maybe that new girl in his English class that he couldn't remember the name of?

As they reached the second basement level of the building, Hoseok and Namjoon were sprawled out on the floor in the dance studio, their faces looking gloomy.

Hey, where are the others?” Jimin asked, tossing his back under the desk where the laptop and speakers stood on.

A growling sound escaped Namjoon's throat and Jimin knew he was annoyed.

Jungkook's just changing back into his clothes. Everyone's sick at home” he muttered.

Jimin pouted. He always enjoyed dance practice, even when it was the most draining and time-consuming thing on their schedules.

No practice today?” he asked and Namjoon shrugged.

Dunno.”

I'm staying” Hoseok threw in. “I'm just gonna practice a little.”

Can I join?” Jimin asked, hopeful, and Hoseok nodded.

Just then, Jungkook stuck his head through the door and greeted Jimin with a nod and then faced Namjoon.

Hyung, are you ready to go?”

The leader heaved himself up with a sigh and growled some more.

Ah, these members. I will insert infusions of soup directly into their blood streams if it's necessary. This close to our comeback, really...”

Hoseok and Jimin watched the two of them leave and exchanged a look.

Not knowing what to say, Hoseok the music and the two boys started warming up and were soon tangled in choreographies and just fooling around while dancing.

Even though Jimin was having tons of fun practicing with his fellow member, he couldn't keep his eyes from searching for the clock every other minute.

It was 6h30 now.

If he stopped in his tracks right this second and go home and shower and get ready – he might make it by 8.

Jimin-ah?!”

Hoseok's voice ripped him out of his thoughts and he realized, that he indeed had stopped in his tracks.

Oh, sorry. I'm sorry, hyung, but I gotta go now.”

Without another word, he rushed out of the room, leaving a pretty puzzled J-Hope behind.

Manager-nim! We need to go! Like, right now!”

What is it? Are you feeling sick, too?”

Well, uh....y-yes.”

Jimin hated lying, but he felt that this was a one-in-a-million chance.

Throughout the whole ride, Jimin felt like he had ants in his pants. Excitement was fueling his veins and he tried his best to put on a A+ act, looking as pitiful as possible when he was actually beyond happy.

At home, he ignored everyone and everything and went straight for the shower.

Just when he was done, somebody started banging on the door and Jimin let out an annoyed groan.

Jimin-ah! Let me in” Jin's voice rang through the door urgently. “I think I need to throw up!”

A second after unlocking the door, Jin rushed past him and Jimin watched his oldest hyung passionately returning all of his stomach's contents into the bowl with a grossed out expression on his face.

He then continued into the room he shared with Taehyung and Hoseok and got dressed into a pair of black jeans and a nice, white button down. He felt all giddy and giggly, but as the door room flew open with a crash and Jungkook stood in the middle of the room, he quickly bit his cheek and tried to look sick again.

Jimin-ah-”

Hyung!” Jimin burst out. “For the hundredth time, Jeon Jungkook!”

Jungkook rolled his eyes.

Jimin-hyung” he repeated over-dramatically and crossed his arms in front of his chest. “Where are you going? All dressed up?”

The...uh, the supermarket. I'm...I'm going to cook soup for everyone.”

Jungkook came closer and sniffled in suspicion.

And you put on cologne to go to the supermarket, hm?” Kook questioned, his chin jerking up a little.

So what? I like to smell nice!” Jimin snapped and pushed past his dongsaeng.

See you later!”

As soon as his feet hit the concrete of the side walk, a wide, goofy smile replaced his stern look and a certain feel of lightness was in every step he took.

After a while, Jimin even started whistling the tunes to their new songs and started dancing his way to the school.

It took him about 20 minutes until he finally reached the gates – longer than he expected. He had never actually walked there. His manager always took him, so he had no real feel of how long it would take.

When he arrived, it was already past 8 and Jimin was afraid that the mysterious girl had already left. He squinted his eyes to take a close look at his surroundings. The sun was already setting and it was quite dark already. Especially since there was only one street lamp around that merely lit the street.

Just when he was about to give up, a slender figure moved into the beam of the street lamp.

She was wearing brown boots and gray woolen tights since the evenings got cold now. She was wearing an olive colored parka over a pretty dress, but from where Jimin was standing now, he couldn't tell who she was, since she had pulled the hood deep into her face, protecting her skin from the chilly wind.

Jimin shyly waved to her, dug his hands deep into the pockets of his lather jacket, that was maybe a little too light for the weather but looked really good on him, and jogged over the street and into her direction.

When he came closer, he slowed his steps and approached her coolly. The girl let out a cute giggle at how he tried so hard to act tough and manly.

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting” he apologized, scratching the back of his head.

Ah, it's okay” she said, while covering .

Are you sick?” Jimin asked worriedly. Her voice sounded a little rasp and she cleared .

N-no. I'm fine” she said sweetly. “as long as oppa is here, I'm fine.”

Jimin faced the floor and smiled to himself, his cheeks heating up like hot-packs.

So, uh, thanks for the note” he started hesitantly. “I feel really...honored.”

She giggled again, and backed away a little, leaning against the wall surrounding the school's property.

So, uh, what's your name?” Jimin asked, chuckling nervously. He wasn't really confident with women, but maybe he just needed to put himself out there. At least that's what he read in all those magazines.

Why don't you come and find out?” she giggled, waving him over to her and pushed one sole of her foot against the wall so her leg was angled.

Jimin ran the tip of his tongue over his chap lips and ruffled his hair. This was his chance.

He took a few quick steps towards the girl. She smelled really nice – like flowers and something really familiar. He couldn't put his finger on it, though.

Raising his hand slowly, he cursed himself seeing how much his fingers trembled. Jimin tried to pull himself together and moved his hand up to the hood of her jacket.

In just a few seconds, he would know who she was. Who made such an effort to meet him.

Just as his fingers touched the faux fur that rimmed the hood, his blood rushing with anticipation, a noise from above caught his attention.

His eyes flicked up just a split second before a flush of water released upon him and he stood under the light of the streetlamp, soaked to his underwear.

His first thought was, that she was maybe one of those ssasaengs, but soon, familiar laughing sounds rang in his ears and anger filled his body.

JEON JUNGKOOK!” he yelled, his fists clenched at his sides and his chest rising and falling quickly. “KIM TAEHYUNG! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!”

In front of the raging Jimin, Jungkook jumped off of the wall, an empty and dripping bucket in his hands, and stood next to Jimin's date, who turned out to be Taehyung in disguise. Both of them were laughing tears at the sight of their drenched friend.

Ahh, hyung” V wheezed in between laughing. “You're so funny!”

Jungkook pointed at Jimin's flushed face and burst out with no feeling of regret or pity.

You should see your face, Jimin!”

I'M HYUNG, YOU LITTLE-!”

Just like a lion, Jimin sped forward and chased after his two devil dongsaengs, ready to give them the headbutt of their lives.

When they arrived at home about half an hour later, Jungkook and Taehyung were still giggling. V was even batting his eyelashes at Jimin and made kissy faces whenever their gazes met. Jimin only growled at them, but they knew he couldn't be mad for too long.

Actually, they even made up the same evening. Everyone except them, even Hoseok and Namjoon who seemed just fine earlier that day, were now sick and already sleeping.

The three of them were sprawled on the couch in the living room, wrapped in warm blankets and a hot choco in front of their faces.

Ah, this is yummy” Jungkook sighed and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

Thanks, hyung!” Taehyung agreed and blew Jimin a kiss.

I'm the best hyung, huh?” he grinned.

They all started chuckling and concentrated back on the movie that they were watching.

Suddenly, Jimin sneezed really loudly and he got a runny nose.

Ew, hyung!” Jungkook whined, leaning away from him.

Gross” Taehyung added, crinkling his nose.

Jimin smiled, though, and coughed in both of their faces.

This is you fault, anyway!” he replied, a somehow satisfied smile on his face as he pulled the both of them to his chest, even though they tried to struggle away. “Take care of your lovely, sick hyung!”