Shadow

Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Holding onto the railing of the beautifully decorated bedroom, Kai sneaks in as usual to take a glimpse of his heart, Sehun. The sliding glass door is slightly open as usual and Kai sneaks in quietly to meet a sleeping Sehun. Beautiful is an understatement. Sehun is more than beautiful and Kai is more than what the word ugly would describe. He is just a shadow, lurking around. Sehun lies elegantly on his silk covered bed, cheek puffed against his hand and his pink pouty lips slightly open. Kai can feel Sehun’s hot breath against his skin. Kai loves this about Sehun. This is the only moment he gets to be close to his heart, smell him, feel him and watch him. The way Sehun’s hair flaps on his forehead since the door is ajar and his long eye lashes…. Kai just sits there and admire the boy’s undeniable, unexplainable beauty. Sehun moves… Kai stops breathing. But Sehun shifts to a more comfortable position pulling Kai’s hand along, hugging it to sleep. Kai smiles. He bravely lifts his finger to Sehun’s forehead. He touch the soft skin slowly moving his finger down to Sehun’s cute pointed nose and his lips. He should leave soon but Sehun’s warmth is lulling his to sleep. Kai’s hand under Sehun’s arm gives him a direct feel to Sehun toned chest. Toned, yes. Sehun chest is toned. Kai wonders to himself how do someone so pretty and beautiful like Sehun possess a toned chest. Kai eyes Sehun’s sleeping figure. No matter how many time he does it, each time feels like the first. Sehun’s body is a world’s map, specially carved and created. Every angle, every side is perfect. Even perfection is an understatement for Sehun.

 

Morning came faster than Sehun ever wanted. He had the best sleep of his life last night. Blinking to the brightness on his silky bed, his heart yearns for the same warmth that slumped him to sleep. Cold air sweeps in the room, running chills all over his body. Sehun looks at his open sliding door, clearly remembering of closing it. Sighing deeply, he gets up from his bed to close the door before freezing himself to death. His eyes darts to the dark jungle in front of him. It feels like someone is always watching over him from the jungle. Sehun feels the tingle of creep on his skin, however he keep his eyes fixed on the dark forest. It is almost winter, and the temperature gets lower day by day. But this coldness and chill he feels on his skin, piercing his bone is something else. Sehun closes the door and instantly the feeling is gone. He stares at the jungle from his closed, locked door. There is something over there and Sehun is not sure of what it is.

 

Kai hides himself from being noticed by people around the palace again. He moves closer to see Sehun. Sehun. Someone is coming to see him today. That is what everyone is talking about. A guy from a very far kingdom. A prince. Sehun is a prince too, but a lonely one. He is always kept in the four walls of the kingdom. Kai never seen Sehun doing anything, not even walk by himself, he is always guarded. The lady in a white gown, Sehun’s mother, looks extremely happy but Sehun’s father, the king looks unsure. He speaks ill about the man who is coming to see Sehun. He is worried about Sehun’s safety and happiness with the guy. Kai couldn’t agree more. Kai wishes he could jump in and tell them he loves Sehun so much and it has been a love for so many years. Kai had loved Sehun since they were 3 years old. Since that day, Kai would always come and see his heart. Kai calls Sehun his heart because without Sehun for a day, Kai couldn’t function. Sehun’s mother calms Sehun’s father down, asking him to let Sehun decide. Kai’s heart worries for whatever decision Sehun might take.

 

The chamber maids walk in to dress him and Sehun shivers in excitement. He is about to meet the guy he would spend his whole life with. Sehun speaks to the maids asking if he is not good enough for his betrothed. The chamber maids denies Sehun’s low thoughts by claiming that Sehun’s beauty is very well spoken of in 10 kingdoms. Sehun couldn’t hide his embarrassment and dismissed the maids. Sehun sits on his bed to ponder on his decision but he got distracted by the dark forest. He slides the glass door open and feels a gush of cold, chill air hugging him. Sehun could see the trees moving in a silent dance from where he is standing. A smile forms on his lips. Sehun is immediately called to the court. The prince has arrived. With a racing heart, Sehun walks down to meet his betrothed.

 

Kai smiles widely when he sees Sehun smiling back at him. No. Sehun was not smiling at him but the smiles is meant for Kai. That kind of smile where Kai could die 100 times to see on Sehun’s lips. The smile on Kai’s face dies instantly when he watches Sehun rushing away to meet the prince. Kai decides to see who the guy is too. It is a nightmare for Kai. Sehun accepts the prince’s proposal. The king announces Sehun’s wedding which is in 5 days. Kai could feel himself burning like a candle, melting to no use. He will be of no use, no reason once Sehun leaves with the guy. Kai is broken. That night, Kai decides to slip in Sehun’s room but he halts to see the prince in Sehun’s room. They are kissing. The lips that Kai had always dreamed to be his now belongs to someone else. Sehun smiles shyly in the prince’s arm and he is gifted with another kiss. Sehun’s eyes shines in love and the prince looks so kind and caring. He is tall, very tall. His body and arm is perfectly built. He looks like a prince that protects his kingdom. His arms are toned and his veins pops from his hands. Unexpectedly, a tear roll down Kai’s cheeks. His dream is shattered into pieces. His heart is happy with someone else.

 

Sehun smiles widely every time the prince visits him. Every small pecks and deep kisses he gets from him proves nothing but love. Only love. The prince is kind, extremely caring despite his harsh and brutal self in the war. The prince needs to take over the throne and he needs his queen. The Prince himself is shocked that Sehun had accepted his proposal. Sehun sits in the park with his prince, talking about nothing but the flowers Sehun planted. Those flowers that were already there when he visited the park. They laid there waiting for Sehun to plant them. Sehun tells his prince the mystery of the flowers and they never wilted until now. Sehun wishes to bring the flowers along, he is afraid that his prince would say it’s insane but his prince encouraged Sehun to bring the flowers Sehun loves the most. Sehun smiles to himself, the tingle in his heart is unbearable.

 

Kai contemplates with himself if he should go and see Sehun today. He can’t endure Sehun smiling so brightly, sweetly and lovingly to the prince. It hurts Kai’s broken heart. But he did, he slips through Sehun’s open window but he finds the room empty. He hears Sehun’s sweet voice coming from a distance. Walking through Sehun’s window pane, Kai meets a handsomely dressed Sehun in his garden of flowers. Kai wonders to himself if the flowers are prettier or Sehun is. Sehun is definitely prettier. The flowers fall in shame with Sehun’s presence. Kai watches Sehun talking to the prince about the flowers Kai plucked from the forest especially for Sehun. Chocolate Cosmos. The dark red petals suits Sehun’s pink lips and the lovely vanilla fragrance skims Sehun’s milky skin. Sehun speaks to the prince about the flowers with full love. Kai watches Sehun hesitate to ask the prince. Sehun wants to bring the flowers along. Kai could feel his own heart bloom. Happiness. Pure happiness. The Prince agrees and Kai decided, he is following Sehun to the other kingdom.

 

The whole kingdom rejoices for their beautiful prince’s wedding. Sehun is on cloud nine. The happiness and love his people showed him means a lot for him. His prince held his hand all the time and Sehun felt a family’s warmth. Sehun wishes for this happiness to last. The prince has spoken to him about adopting a child after they are ready for children and Sehun couldn’t be any happy. His parents, the king and queen are happy too. Sehun’s mother, the queen cried expressing her happiness. The union of the two kingdom brings harmony and peace. Trades and war line is secured. Their territorial perimeter broadens. Sehun leaves for the other kingdom immediately. He requested to see his room for one last time and visit his garden. Standing against the sliding door, he whispers a goodbye to the dark forest that had been suspicious, mysterious yet appealing to him and the trees sway to bid him goodbye. A tear roll down Sehun pink cheeks, the forest is indeed communicating with him. Sehun requests his chamber maids to pluck the special flowers from his garden and make her promise him to look after his garden. One last visit to his garden and Sehun rides out the palace with his Chocolate Cosmos in the hand.

 

Kai stands in between the crowd and watch The Prince claim his Sehun. Kai hates the way that tall prince lean down to kiss his heart. Kai hates it so much. Sehun blushes as the crowd cheer over the kiss. Kai follows Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter