One

Spider
Glass. I need a tall glass.
 
Yoochun frowned in worry while perched atop a dining room chair, his eyes following one thing and one thing only: a spider.
 
An eight-legged black creature stood frozen in the middle of the living room's wooden floor of the studio apartment. If it were something close to human, Yoochun thought it may as well be staring back at him, too. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Fortunately for the spider, Yoochun couldn't do anything about it to somehow flick the critter away. It was only a matter of time before the spider would suddenly dash out of Yoochun's vision. He had to make a move fast or he'd have to face sheer panic from not knowing its whereabouts.
 
But it's massive...! Yoochun thought to himself again, biting his lip. With the creature's size being as big as his palm, there was no way he's going to even attempt to smack it with the sole of his shoe.
 
Well, the size could've been a little too exaggerated but Yoochun didn't care. Whatever unwelcomed thing that was in his house, he wanted it out and he wanted it out fast. And this spider was definitely unwelcomed in the house.
 
"Aish..." Yoochun cursed under his breath. His eyes nervously looked about the living room to find at least ANYTHING to trap the darned thing  until further notice. The problem was there was nothing in reach and Yoochun was too scared to get off the chair. If he had a broom, he could poke it away. If he had a gigantic box, he would gladly trap the spider inside the dark confines and deal with the thing later. Sadly, he had none of these things in arm's reach.
 
The critter suddenly crawled an inch and Yoochun squeaked in fright, his body stiffening in quick reflex.
 
"NO! STAY!" Yoochun went into full-mode panic, pointing a shaking finger at the spider as if teaching a dog. The spider seemed to have obeyed as it stayed frozen again on the floor.
 
A click from the front door was suddenly heard and Yoochun snapped his head up to the front door's direction. The jingling of keys and shuffling about indicated that someone was finally home. Yoochun's savior!
 
"I'm home!" An all-too-familiar voice announced throughout the studio apartment as the man stepped foot into the living room. Yoochun quickly put his hand up as a signal to stop the man from moving.
 
"Yoochun? What's going on?" The man immediately stopped as ordered, furrowing his brows as he took in the scene of the other crouching on top of a chair like a frightened cat. Yoochun was only in his pajamas so it was quite the sight to see. It took all of the man's willpower not to snort into laughter.
 
"There's a spider, Junsu." Yoochun whined. He looked back down on where the spider was and froze. The spider...
 
The spider was gone.
 
"A spider? Where?" Junsu, suddenly alarmed because he knew how frightened Yoochun was with spiders, looked around the direction where Yoochun was looking at but there was nothing out of the ordinary. The floor was what it was when he left it this morning: dark brown, wooden, and clean.
 
Meanwhile, Yoochun looked like he was about to faint. He lost sight of the spider. The stupidly smart creature was wise enough to run away while it wasn't being watched. Yoochun was done for. He's never going to set his foot down the floor until the insect was found.
 
"Su! It's gone! The spider's gone!" Yoochun yelped, his eyes looking to and fro all over the wooden floor of their apartment. Why did it have to run away?
 
"Calm down, Chunnie. I'll find it, okay? Don't worry." Yoochun's partner assured, "I'll go and get a glass, alright? I'll be back." To this, Yoochun nodded with a quick "hurry" before Junsu scurried off to the kitchen to get a glass to trap the critter.
 
Just when Junsu went out of sight into the kitchen, the spider came crawling back towards Yoochun from under the dark brown coffee table. Yoochun yelped again, gripping onto the headrest of the chair and calling after Junsu to hurry up, "Junsu! It's back!"
 
"I'm coming, I'm coming! How big is it?" Junsu asked.
 
"The size of my hand!" A sigh could be heard from the kitchen.
 
"Don't exaggerate it, Chunnie. What's it's real size?"
 
"U-Uhh... A little bigger than a coin? Hurry, Su! It's crawling over to my direction!" At this point, Yoochun's panic level was skyrocketing and the warning bells in his head were uncontrollably ringing. The last thing he wanted was the spider to crawl up the leg of the chair he was sitting on and eat him alive, despite the odds of that ever happening. Although small, the critter seemed to be equally determined and fast enough in crawling to reach him.
 
Junsu quickly came with a clean glass in hand, his line of vision scanning about the living room to spot the thing that's scaring the life out of his partner. Once he indeed spotted the creature scurrying towards his Yoochun, he made a dash for it, quickly placing the glass on top of the spider and trapping it.
 
Yoochun finally relaxed, letting out a breath that he didn't know he was holding in. Feeling safe now that the spider's trapped, he got off the chair and fixed himself. "Thank you, Su... At least you're not afraid of these things."
 
Junsu chuckled with a glance and sweet smile toward his Yoochun, and replied, "Yeah. Good thing, huh? Pass me a piece of paper."
 
"A piece of paper? What for?"
 
"I'll take the spider outside."
 
"What do you mean? Just kill it!" Yoochun pouted at his partner's idea of just letting it roam free outside. To him, letting it loose outside may just have the critter crawling back inside the house at some point again.
 
"Aigoo, alright alright. I'll kill it outside. I still need that paper, though." Junsu held out his hand, waiting for his partner to hand him the thing he wanted.
 
With a frown, Yoochun went over to the coffee table, grabbed a page off the newspaper from that morning, and handed it over to Junsu. Junsu smiled as he accepted the newspaper page and slipped it carefully under the glass and spider underneath it. As he lifted the spider and glass with the paper underneath, he eyes the critter trapped inside, oddly grinning at it.
 
"Stop making love with that spider with your eyes and take it away." Yoochun frowned some more, not really quite liking the fact that his partner was fascinated with the disgusting black thing. Junsu chuckled and walked off to the hallway leading to the front door to do what his partner wished.
 
There was then a noise from the direction of the front door followed by a loud gasp. "Oh no!"
 
"What?! What happened?" Yoochun squeaked in worry. His partner's sudden yelp didn't sound good.
 
"It escaped!"
 
"WHAT?!" At this, Yoochun dashed for the chair, once again perching on it in fright. Junsu's head popped into view from the hallway leading to the front door. Sporting a wide cheeky grin, he chuckled while playfully saying, "Got you!" He winked then disappeared out the front door to deal with the spider in his captivity.
 
Yoochun grumbled about how his partner tricked him as he got off his hiding spot.
 


AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thanks for reading the short story/one-shot/whateverthisis! Please comment below or something! It would be greatly appreciated :) Next chapter will contain easy links to my other fictions!