Darkness in my heart

Vampire Jung Yein

Vampire. Defined in some dictionary as an undead being that feast on blood to survive. I am Jung Yein, and I am a vampire. I live with a fellow vampire in an apartment in Seoul, South Korea which we both shared. Both of us had witnessed our family being slayed before us by a group of vampire slayers and had barely escaped with our own lives. While Jisoo had decided to forgive those vampire slayers, I am set on getting revenge for my slained family.

 

Vampires have always been hated by the humans once it was discovered that they are not part of Myth. Vampires exist and prey on unsuspecting humans for the blood that help to nourish and substain them. Unlike the myth that vampire are unable to survive in the sunlight, vampire do in fact can hang out in broad daylight and has no ill effects afterward. In 2013; the year when vampires were revealed to exist, all the nations in the world put up a reward ($5000) for every vampire that anyone killed or captured. Group of vampire slayers started to be formed. The Order of Light (TOOL) was one such group that was formed, and is the very group that killed Jisoo and my family.

 

Jisoo and I have been neighbours and best friend with each other since young. Unlike other vampires, our families hunted animals instead of humans. Our family had sent us that very day to hunt the mountain lions that reside near us and store their bloods in the metal containers that we keep the blood in. Reaching home from our hunting trip together, we can sense something amiss. We could hear screaming in the house. I motioned to Jisoo to keep quiet and we crept quietly to the window and peered in. We could see our families being tied up and sitting at the centre of the floor. They were surrounded by a group of humans dressed in white suits. A young female seem to be their leader as she was the only human sitting while her fellow humans stood around her. As we watched, the female leader gave out an order and we watched in horror as her subordinates took out gold daggers and stabbed the heart of my family. (Gold bullets or Gold weapons in general are the only weapons that can kill vampire). I can feel myself shuddering in anger at the sight of my family being murdered before me and almost let out a howl of anger before I can feel a hand covering my mouth.

 

 

"Yein, I know how you are feeling. But we need to escape before they found us. Our families won't want us to die with them", Jisoo whispered out with tears rolling down her cheeks.

 

"Escape?", I asked angrily at her.

Jisoo was about to reply to me when we heard a sound of a bullet whizzing past us and lodging itself to a tree that was behind us. We had been discovered! Jisoo pull my hands and using our supernatural vampire strength, we sprinted away. After running for half an hour, we stopped and debated on what to do. Knowing that our families been murdered, and the high  probability of the murderers waiting there for us, we knew that we can never return home again. So we decided to start our live anew in another country and took a plane to the Republic of Korea away from South Africa where we had been living in. After the plane landed in Korea, Jisoo excused herself to go to the bathroom. While I wait for her, I decided to surf The Internet and it was then I discovered the news of TOOL claiming credits for the slayage of Jisoo and my families. As angry tears fall out from my eyes, I swear that I will take revenge one day.