Present for neverendingfairy

SHINee Secret Santa 2015

Encore

 

Pairing: Jongkey
Prompt: Supernatural!AU | An Encore (SHINee)

 

a/n: I’ve always wanted to write something based from An Encore and when I received this prompt, I am actually happy that I could finally write it ^^ Santee dearest, I hope you’ll like this story.



 

----


 

Mismatched red and gold eyes stared at the lone tree atop a hill. The creature was restless like the birds that were flying overhead; and his inner beast was telling him that it won’t end in any way pretty. He was fully aware of the war, of the bloodlust of their kind, yet he wished he would just ignore his duties to his clan.

 

The glowed big and round and the brightness that it showered the dark land was enough to signal the start of a battle that will bring no victor but only spilled blood. They charged forwards, eyes focused on the raging beasts. Claws drawn out, fangs barred and roars echoing, it was dark and gory but who cared, it was killed or be killed and in no way possible to care for others when survival is the first thing on everyone’s mind?

 

And then he saw him, the most beautiful thing in his eyes, scared and trembling by the lone tree. He knew it won’t end well but there was something that was beyond skin deep that was urging him to do against protocol. With a swift move, he ran towards the boy  and with a gust of will power, he ran away from the chaos of what looked like a useless waste of blood.



 

---

 

He woke up from a dream that was plaguing him for centuries, an awful collection of years that were keeping him from moving on as his friends had suggested him to do. But in all the four centuries that had passed, he couldn’t forget, he just couldn’t let go of a love he knew was not yet lost.

 

“Hey Jonghyun, why don’t you tell me what’s bothering you huh?” Jinki asked as he placed a glass of blood in front of the paling vampire.

 

“I am not so sure you would want to listen to it.” Jonghyun responded and sighed as he looked at the glass with disinterest.

 

“I don’t need mind reading powers to know that you are thinking of him.” Jinki replied, being the clan elder gave him that much experience to read his clan members.

 

“It’s just hard.” Jonghyun replied.

 

“I know.” Jinki replied and gave the vampire a calming pat on the shoulder.

 

Jonghyun smiled a bit and then took the glass and drank its contents in one go. The taste of iron coated his tongue and throat but it wasn’t the taste that he was looking for. He knew that it was not the same, not as sweet as his blood nor close the scent that was haunting him for the past four centuries. He threw his head back and sighed, he did not want to feel so pathetic but this was rather hopeless.

 

Jonghyun walked out of his room and found himself face to face to the constant reminder of the failure that he was; the beautiful smile of his sister that was painted by a human she dearly loved. His sister had sacrificed her life for this man and in the end, the two perished in each other’s arms as the hunters burned down their house. Jonghyun hated the fact that he couldn’t save them all because he was busy, busy protecting someone who would leave him half way to eternity.

 

He walked passed the painting and met the others, and being part of the council, he sat next to Jinki who was reading a scroll. “I believe that everyone is here.” Jinki said, eyeing the council members.  “there has been recent attacks on the northern borders, the hunters are being aggressive with eradicating our kind so it seems.” Jinki announced and everyone was silent.

 

“I’d ask Leeteuk hyung about it and he advised that our faction be prepared at anytime because the people who feared us were not afraid to hold their blades and torches against us.” Jinki said and everyone agreed.

 

“I believe that you all know your places, protect each other okay?” Jinki said and dismissed them.  “Jonghyun, I want you to come with me.” Jinki instructed and the younger of the two nodded and then stood as the clan leader stood and left the room.

 

The wind that greeted them was refreshing for Jonghyun and seeing his subordinate relax a bit was a good sight for Jinki.

 

“You’ll probably hate me when you know where we’ll be meeting.” Jinki uttered then break into a run. Jonghyun was caught of guard but followed his leader.

 

The run was a long way up the northern borders of their territory and as they neared the place, Jonghyun had a bad feeling where they were heading. The place was so familiar and with the gut tight feeling that he had, he knew why Jinki broke into a run earlier.

 

They stopped in front of a lone tree atop a hill and he felt his throat tighten and he couldn’t breathe properly. It was all coming back to him, the pain and memories, the horror and the fondness of this place. He was reminded of the promises that they uttered and the way his eyes glimmered under the moonlight. He knew this was a bad idea but he indulged himself of the memories until he heard rustling and when his head was turned, he was met face to face with the memories that he had wanted to erase.

 

“Sunggyu.” He heard Jinki spoke as the leader approached another vampire, a clan leader of a clan he wished he’d never meet again.

 

“Jinki.” Sunggyu greeted back.

 

“I know that it is all too sudden but thank you for meeting us.” Jinki spoke and Sunggyu smiled back.

 

“Anything for you jinki, you know that.” Sunggyu uttered and Jinki grinned.

 

The two leaders conversed and Jonghyun tuned out, focusing his vision to the vast mountain that was in front of him. He can feel his presence yet he tried not to shiver as he came nearer to him.

 

“Hey.” He heard a familiar voice and Jonghyun tried to school his expressions.

 

“Hey.” He replied in monotone.

 

It was awkward between them and both knew why. Jonghyun would rather not glance back at the lad next to him but his body wasn’t following his mind. He looked at the lad next to him and his tears just started to form. He was just as beautiful as he remembered four centuries ago, yet the innocence that he had fallen in love with, the humanity that he wanted to have, it was no longer there. He knew that it wouldn’t return now that he had sold his soul to the devil, but he wished that their story ended differently.

 

It has been so long, he had forgotten how they ended up here, staring awkwardly at each other, but he could still remember the trembling boy he took and ran away with.

 

“How have you been?” Jonghyun tried to lessen the awkwardness of the situation.

 

“Been well.” The boy replied and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“I noticed.” Jonghyun replied.

 

The familiarity and unfamiliarity was blurring and Jonghyun couldn’t figure out how to navigate out of this mess but he’d rather not make the situation any worse that it is actually is.

 

“Key, they call me Key now.” The lad spoke and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“Suits you well.” Jonghyun uttered and then turned to look at the tree  before him. “I’m glad that you are doing well Key.” Jonghyun said then turned to leave.

 

Jonghyun then walked away from Key, knowing fully why he can’t stay, because tears were threatening to fall and he didn’t want to let Key see him this weak and helpless. Jonghyun waited for Jinki a few meters away while he watched the leader smile while talking to Sunggyu. He knew that the two were an item before, and is still an item now but being clan leaders had just kept them from being together physically, but emotionally, he knew the two had been sharing a bond so strong, he was definitely envious of.

 

Jinki met Jonghyun after he bid the other clan goodbye. He apologized for making him uncomfortable but Jonghyun just shook his head. “I will put you in more pain Jonghyun, forgive me.” Jinki apologized and Jonghyun knew what was coming next. “The head council had decided that the clns of SHINee and infinte merge due to the dwindling numbers of vampires and the excessive hunting of humans.” Jinki explained and Jonghyun sighed.

 

“I’ll be okay, besides, it’s bound to come, knowing that you and Sunggyu hyung had already shared a bond long before this has occurred.” Jonghyun explained and Jinki gave him a bitter smile.

 

“I’m really sorry.” Jinki uttered and then they walked normally back to their house.

 

----

 

“I’m Jonghyun” Jonghyun extended a hand to the boy who reluctantly took it. “I’m going to take you far far away.” Jonghyun said with a wide smile and the boy smiled a little.

 

“Will you save me mister?” The boy asked and Jonghyun nodded.

 

“Hold tight.” Jonghyun uttered as he took the boy in his arms and made a run for it.

 

The wind gushed towards them and the boy closed his eyes as they sped through the forest.

 

“I’m Kibum.” Te boy uttered as they rest on a rock by the river.

 

“It’s a nice name.” Jonghyun replied.

 

“It is a common name.” Kibum replied.

 

“You must be popular then.” Jonghyun chukled.

 

“Why did you save me?” Kibum asked. “We are trying to kill you.” Kibum muttered the last sentence.

 

Jonghyun sighed and then place a hand on the boy’s hair. “Not all of you wanted to kill our kind.” Jonghyun uttered and then looked at the boy in the eyes.

 

Kibum noticed the red and gold eyes and he smiled sweetly back. “Your eyes are beautiful.” Kibum remarked.

 

Jonghyun blushed at that and just laughed it off. “Your smile is beautiful” Jonghyun remarked and the boy blushed as well.

 

Jonghyun brought back the boy to their safe house filled with vampires who were wounded in all parts imaginable. A war wasn’t really a logical solution but the humans were enforcing bloodshed that they didn’t even want. They wanted peace even if they view the humans as blood source; they do care about their welfare more. The vampires bore holes onto the boy but Jonghyun kept him close and sheltered.

 

“I presumed this was the cause of your absence?” Jinki raised a brow, nursing a wound on his shoulder.

 

“Yes.” Jonghyun replied and Jinki sighed, instructing a younger turned vampire take the boy.

 

“Why?” Jinki asked simply as they reached Jinki’s office.

 

“I can’t explain it hyung, I just felt connected.” Jonghyun explained and Jinki nodded.

“Can’t be helped, must ran in your family.” Jinki uttered, gesturing to the picture of Jonghyun’s sister with her human lover.

 

“I guess.” Jonghyun sighed.

 

“Will you turn him” Jinki asked but Jonghyun can’t even answer that one yet. “Give him a couple of years.” Jinki suggested and Jonghyun nodded.

 

----

 

“What made you decide to be turned?”  Jonghyun asked Taemin as they sat in front of a fire place.

 

“You want the blunt truth or the sugar coated?” Taemin asked back.

 

“Both?” Jonghyun was unsure, he just wanted to know what was abut humans wanting to be turned when vampires wanted their humanity.

 

“The sugar coated one, I wanted to know how life is a vampire, the blunt one, well, I just can’t lose Minho can’t I?” Taemin replied and Jonghyun sighed then nodded.

 

“You love him that much?” Jonghyun asked and Taemin nodded.

 

“Yeah, it’s plain and simple.” Taemin answered and Jonghun was left with words to ponder.

 

Jonghyun was restless as the day of the merger was drawing near. The two clans were already preparing for it yet he couldn’t find in himself to celebrate. He knew the reason why yet he still denied it like he doesn’t have any idea.

 

“It’s full moon soon.” Jinki started as he gathered the council. “And by the end of the ritual, you will all share a new life with our brothers.” Jinki uttered and the council was attentive. We are from one mother clan so I hope the transition would be easier for everyone.” He concluded and everyone congratulated their leader.

 

“Jonghyun, let me talk to you.” Jinki uttered and the vampire stayed while everyone retired for the night. “Are you really okay with this?” Jinki asked and Jonghyun sighed loudly.

 

“I can’t be selfish hyung, you deserve to be happy and we all deserve to live.” Jonghyun argued and Jinki listened attentively.

 

“Why didn’t you turn him then?” Jinki asked and Jonghyun gaped at him. “You could do it, but you didn’t.” Jinki prodded. “You also deserve to be happy Jonghyun.” Jinki uttered.

 

“I was selfish.” Jonghyun replied and then quickly left the room.

 

----

 

Kibum had grown a lot since he lived with the immortals, and though he was treated equally and not as a blood bank. But deep down he wanted one thing that Jonghyun was putting off.

 

“I want to be turned” Kibum uttered as they lay on their shared bed.

 

“Why would you want to be turned?” Jonghyun asked, really finding no use to turning Kibum into a vampire.

 

“Because.” Kibum replied, puffing his cheeks as he looked at Jonghyun.

 

“there is a perfect time for it Kibum.” Jonghyun assured him and kissed his cheek before pulling him into an embrace.

 

“I love you Jonghyun.” Kibum muttered before he closed his eyes and snuggled into Jonghyun’s arms.

 

“I love you too.” Jonghyun muttered and drew the human closer to him.

 

It was supposed to be a very good night, the blood moon was big and red and a perfect day for Jonghyun to actually propose a lifetime for Kibum. But his mismatched eyes were burning as he looked at the man in front of him. It wasn’t Kibum.

 

Green and blue eyes stared at him and prominent cheek bones showing off as the man stared back at him. “Surprised?” He heard the familiar voice but the man in front of him wasn’t as familiar as his voice.

 

“Who are you?” Jonghyun asked, enraged for a moment.

 

“Well, I am the same as you, aren’t you happy?” the man asked and Jonghyun shook his head.

 

“What did you do to Kibum?” He asked, more of shouted. “Who turned you?” Jonghyun asked firmly.

 

“Someone I knew.” Kibum replied. “I am still me, just a bit more like you.” Kibum smirked.

 

“No, no. You are not Kibum!” Jonghyun shouted as tears escaped his eyes. “Why would you allow yourself to lose the very thing that made me love you.” Jonghyun cried.

 

“I cannot understand why you don’t like me as a vampire? Why would you want me to rot as a human when you would stay immortal?” Kibum shouted back.


“Because your humanity is what made me hope and feel like human. You had something that I wanted all along. And you lost that to someone that is not me!” Jonghyun shouted madly.

 

“I gave you myself, what more would you want from me!” Kibum shouted back.

 

“You don’t understand and you will ever understand!” Jonghyun shouted and just ran away from the place, leaving a sobbing Kibum whose eyes were leaking just as much as his own. It was a misunderstanding, a huge one while we are at it. Kibum wanted to surprise Jonghyun, being turned into a vampire was his gift for their anniversary because he will share eternity with him but Jonghyun didn’t like it, hated it even.

 

“I am sorry.” Kibum heard a voice and was surprised to see Woohyun, a friend he met during his carefree wanderings around the property.

 

“It’s not your fault. If he hates me then I hate him that much.” Kibum replied. “Kibum is dead.” He uttered and pulled the necklace off of his neck and threw it on the ground. “Call me Key.” He uttered and Woohyun nodded.

 

---

Jonghyun stared at the necklace in his hands. He knew he overreacted that time but could you blame him for not liking the idea of the man he loved so much go and   himself to another vampire just to be turned? If humans value , vampires value mating, and turning for that matter.

 

The pain in his heart while he watched his beloved walk side by side with a vampire who he had considered his brother was thrice as painful as death itself. He wanted to sink his teeth into flesh and tear it off, but he despised the bloodshed.

 

He then looked at the blood moon, a certain Déjà vu enveloped him. Yet he knew this time would be a better scene, because Jinki and Sunggyu’s union was a celebration when his is just vignette of a horrible past. He kept the necklace inside his pocket and walked out into the courtyard.

 

The guests were being entertained by the two clans and Jonghyun, being the right hand of Jinki, plastered his practiced smile and went to greet the guests. Along the way, he had bumped into Kibum, who was also taking care of the guests in behalf of his clan. They shared some fake smiles and then went to attend to others. The ceremony was intimate and most awaited, spanning five centuries. The faces of the two leaders were just as picturesque as the blood moon, and their smiles were blinding like that of the sun.

 

Jonghyun stepped out a bit, he was suffocated for a while, and found himself on the same spot he was four centuries ago. He knew too well why he went there, yet being there felt like the drug into his system.

 

“Do you hate me?” Jonghyun heard a faint voice.

 

“No, even if I try, I couldn’t do it.” Jonghyun replied.

 

“Why did we even fall out, we used to love each other.” Key uttered, stepping beside Jonghyun and staring at the tree that had started everything.

 

“I didn’t stop loving you. But that’s just me.” Jonghyun replied.

 

“Me too.” Key uttered.

 

The silence was a little awkward but Jonghyun would want to end it once and for all. Taking a big leap of faith, he gingerly held out his hand and grabbed Key’s hand. Key felt the cold but familiar skin on his and it brought back a lot of emotions that he thought he had kept under control. And then he felt cold metal chains. He looked at Jonghyun, his blue and green eyes already watery.

 

“Can we start again?” Key asked and Jonghyun grinned at him and nodded as tears already falling.

 

Jonghyun then pulled him close and soon their lips were touching they were savouring the taste they greatly missed. They stared at each other as they broke apart and that was all they needed to forget the four centuries of pain and separation.

 

As they gaze into each other’s mismatched eyes, panting lightly as they take in the union of their bodies, smiles grazed their lips while they let everything go and get lost into the moment. Jonghyun barred his fangs and Key lolled his head back, showing off his neck that was as white and smooth just as Jonghyun remembered.

 

“Make me yours Jonghyun.” Key panted and Jonghyun plunged his fangs on the tender flesh and the familiar taste of sweet iron coated his tongue. Key’s hand carrassed Jonghyun’s head, running his fingers through his hair, letting out a moan in the process.

 

“Let’s write a happy ending this time.” Jonghyun suggested as he pulled out of Key and lied on the bed, pulling the limp body towards him.

 

“I’m up for it.” Key uttered and they smiled their brightest smiles as Jonghyun planted a kiss on Key’s forehead.

 

He then grabbed the necklace from the bedside table and wore it Key’s neck before they succumb to tiredness, four hundred years worth of longing and craving for each other.

 

“I love you.” Jonghyun muttered and Key replied sleepily, making Jonghyun sigh contently.

 

-----

 

a/n: I hope that this is okay for you Santee…  and sorry for the added pairings  and characters.