00.

rosso, giallo, blu

00

It's a reaction. That's what they are sure of.

People give different explanations about it: Asians think it's something that has always been in each of us since we were born. It's something inside our bodies, something that is inactive until we touch our soulmate. There's something that lits up then, something that awakes parts of our eyes. They think it's located behind the retina; it's mixed with our photoreceptor cells, those who convert light into electrical signals which, then, travel from the retina to the brain through the optic nerve.

Europeans do not think there's a something that helps us see. Instead, it's simply that we get better at seeing after we touch our soulmates.

Like, touch, boom, and colors. Simple as that.

There are a tons of other hypothetical explanations on the internet nowadays, some don't even believe in soulmates anymore. They think it comes with aging—some grow their teeth faster than others, some learn how to speak better than others, and some start seeing in colors before or after a certain age.

Bobby has always thought it's pretty funny how everyone gets worked up and tries to impose their interpretation over someone else's. It's a mystery so we will probably never find out the truth—are apes and humas really so alike? Who were our ancestors then? Is Hulk Hogan really immortal, and is our Paul McCartney really a clone or not? It's immensely stupid to get angry about it because, who knows?

The only thing that is rightly written everywhere is the equation: soulmate=colors. Because that's basically what this is about. That's the very only most important part: you meet your soulmate during your teenage years, and then for some reason, you get able to see the world for what it really is.

-

Bobby—Kim Jiwon—is twenty-two, and he's always seen the world in black and white.