The Most Beautiful Thing

I Only See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are many things anyone can see and find beautiful.

For example; the way the flowers will beautifully bloom in the spring, some people love that. However, others prefer the way they will fall upon autumn's arrival. It all depends on perspective and preference, really. But, you see, there is a man all the way across the country that finds something or rather someone exceptionally beautiful. Today's case it is a man called Min Yoongi. He doesn't see beauty in everything he sees because in his eyes not everything haves a beauty. There are ugly babies after all. Nevertheless, there is always an exception because not everything is the same. And that is when it comes to the person that outshines everything else; the love of his life.

Park Jimin.

This other man is the very opposite of Yoongi. He sees beauty in everything, even in the negative spaces. This detail is very much present in the way he paints a portrait of his boyfriend sleeping. He says it's so much more beautiful than trying to capture a tiger lily in the highest mountain of South Korea. Jimin just loves the way his fiancé fair face would look so peaceful when he sleeps. Laying in fetal position with the left hand under a pillow and the other resting lazily in the chest. Lower body was covered by the black duvet –chest exposed. His pinkish lower lip will curve on a pout and the middle between his eyebrows will form crinkles softly and beautifully there. Blond hair laying disheveled on the pillow and some other hair strands sticking in his forehead covering his left eyebrow. Yoongi is a sight to see. The only thing anyone would ever want to see if they get to see what Jimin see's. But then, there are these other moments that Jimin adored even more. When Yoongi droopy eyes would be open revealing those burnt umber color eyes. He loves the way his orbs, by just one look, would speak louder than any other thing he can ever potentially say. 

Because that's the type of man Yoongi is.

A man of little words.

And that, put off simply, is beautiful in Jimin's eyes. He can't just avoid everything he sees about the elder. Because every little thing Min Yoongi would do is beautiful. Even when he would lethargically sip on his favorite coffee mug early in the morning.  

 

Eyes were wandering through out the cobwebby windowpane that is in the kitchen near the door to enter the terrace if you walked straight. A hand placed on the window frame between his fingers a cigarette and with the other hand holding a coffee mug that he was sipping in. Yoongi was lost contemplating at the polluted, busy city up from the seventh floor of the building. The sound of the cars honking, and muffled voices of passerby's, and the thunders that reverberate in distance announcing the upcoming precipitation. The window was open letting the early cool wind from the spring in and hit his lukewarm skin caused by the big sweatshirt rolled to his elbows that spelled 'Supreme' plus the warmth of the coffee. 

He would do every it morning – it was a good habit.

He pressed his lips frowning at how quiet the usual filled with vocalization, that sang hearts out, place and made a sound of disapproval. “He must be in the ing studio.”

Yoongi had a bad habit; he smoked when he was uncertain and worried about different situations. Now, anyone would think that Yoongi must have had a scratchy past for having a personality that is rough around the edges but it isn't true that's just how he is. Yoongi was no angst-y kid nor did he starve neither did he had abusive parents. He is just an average man with a really bad temper and often with a foul mouth but that doesn't mean he wasn't really good at what he does. It's just how he is and if a person didn't like it they were free to go – he isn't going to hold them back. He had learned that bygones will always be bygones and that he shouldn't really put time and effort on those kind of people.

It was for the better. It was early in the morning, 9:23 when he looked at the digital clock of the microwave, and Jimin was going crazy over his paintings inside his studio. Those that were super-mega-exceptionally-private- and top secret.

Ones that not even Yoongi himself is able to see, not until the gallery night premier that's basically when Jimin graduates from his university. Yoongi was happy for him but at the same time worried for Jimin's health. Ever since they announced that Jimin's sketches were the top-quality among all of the other students, and that they would want to have a whole hall for them, because there was not a single one that didn't express every emotion to their finest point. Jimin had been restless since then pasting them from small sketches on his sketchpad to bigger canvases. 

Spending many hours inside his studio not even allowing Yoongi, his own fiancé, enter the room and give him the food he had prepared with utter care. He understood his little bundle of joy because he would act the same when it comes to producing his music and Jimin would be there supporting him, giving him his space and even providing him with advice for future compositions once he heard the final product. But this time it was different. He had a weird feeling that fluttered constantly and uncomfortably in his heart because the amount of time Jimin spends there is insane. It made him very insecure about himself as he always feared he may not be doing enough to take care of Jimin. Many times had come across his head to sneakily enter the room but then he remembered that doing that would be over the limit and a blatant show of disrespect. There's something he had learned throughout the years of dating Park Jimin and that is to never go snooping around an artist sketches and paintings without their permission.

No one can't touch that unless they tell the person to go ahead and see it. It's like invading their privacy and seeing them . Basically, that's exposing them to their fullest and it's even worse than actually seeing them fully and literally . That's where their deepest darkest thoughts will always be. That is not something you take just because you want to, that is something you earn. So, by experience, Yoongi has never done it again. The first and the last time he made that mistake was back in middle school he made Jimin so upset to the point where Jimin got distant; he was even barely flashing him those cheeky smiles that made his heart swell in happiness.

And he learned.

He learned good about it.

After he apologized, because he couldn't possibly imagine another week without Jimin smiles, he promised he'll never go around his drawing again unless authorized to do so. Even then he would still hesitate and ask about fifty times before actually entering the studio.

“Babe,” he tried once again behind those white, wood doors that kept him from touching or seeing his fiancé holding a tray with a bowl of rice, soup and some meat. “I know you're working but I need you to eat.” Yoongi utters eith an edgy tone. “Please,” afterwards, he heard some shuffling and a 'coming'. Then the doors handle started to shamble, opening revealing his fiancé cleaning his hands on a dirty towel looking exhausted making Yoongi's heart twist in discomfort.

Yoongi's eyes give out an apologetic shine but Jimin's were only full of earnest than ever it was a silent 'thank you for worrying' between them. It hurts the elder because his fiancé isn't supposed to look like this. Bright caramel eyes now replaced by tired eyes and eye bags under them, his face missing his color. His jean jumper was messily painted with the whole palette of colors and his face had a spot, that the elder would have cleaned if his hands were unoccupied, of a really baby pink – pale almost.

Yet he still managed to look stunning.

As if he understood Yoongi's inner turmoil, Jimin reached with a cold hand to his warm cheeks making him snap out of his daze. “Darling, I'm fine. Just a little bit tired that is all.”

He shifted his hand to semi close the door but trapping a foot between it so out lookers couldn't have a sight of the room taking the tray with another silent 'thank you' is shared between themselves. And even if he looked fatigued his smile will always make Yoongi's heart bloom like a flower on springtime. The way his eyes will shape into semi-lunar is really endearing and something he is willing to gaze at every day-night hour-minute-second.

“I promise that I'll sleep with you tonight and in the morning you'll wake up and see me right next to you.” It had been more than two weeks that Yoongi had been waking up in the middle of the night and not find him there or even when he was there in the nights in the morning he would disappear to be found inside his studio.

Yoongi just then smiled now assured that he was okay, or at least he warranted that he is. “See you, darling.” And it was the last thing he said before pressed a loving kiss on the others lips and he closed the door again. Yoongi pressed a hand against the door allowing himself to smile showing a bit of his teeth and gums.

“See you too,” he whispers, “my love.” The elder was starting to feel a bit neglected by his little significant other but with that he felt assured that he'll have him back.

That attribute he loved the most about Jimin is the ability to read him like an open book. It was unfavorable at times, he got so used to use so little words that sometimes he would forget that not everybody is Park Jimin and they couldn't read his mind or just simply know him like he does. Which it caused him headaches more than it should have when it came to work. He worked his off when it came to music. It's something he has loved ever since he was very young. It was his escape when he was under school pressure as he was always chosen as the school body president. Being a role model to others and having so much responsibilities on his shoulders was mostly exhausting but with music and Jimin there he would always manage to go through without any problem.

***

Jimin, the little, shy, orphan boy from grade four that girls would often want to put bows and skirts on him because he had long black hair and rosy, chubby cheeks that reached his eyes almost as if he looked like a cute rag doll. And Yoongi, from grade six, would always find amusing and wondered as of why he would never say anything towards the girls and allowed them to use him as their personal doll. It started with a; “Why do you let them play with you like that? Aren't you supposed to be a boy or are you stupid?” it was a bit rude but he just didn't know how to not be rude. He eventually received a quiet answer.

“It's the only way I get to play with the others and have friends.” Something tugged in his heart. Somehow it didn't feel right when those words came out of his mouth, all he saw was a cute, chubby boy that needed a hyung.

“Then, I'll be your friend. From now on I'll be your hyung.” The words came out harshly as Jimin would gape at him. Like if what just happened was surreal.

“Get it?” Jimin nodded, head bobbing.

“Got it?” The younger kept nodding.

“Good.” Yoongi ruffled his hair mouth breaking into a wide, lopsided, gummy smile.

Ever since, they became inseparable. Yoongi would often wait 'till Jimin was out to walk him to the orphanage. Jimin was never adopted as he had deliberately rejected all the offers to be adopted stating that he didn't wanted to be away from his best friend, his Yoongi hyung.

Hence that every family that would want to adopt him were from very faraway places. That's something that he had kept secret from him for all these years. He knows how upset Yoongi would be if he knew that he was the reason as of why he had rejected so many possibilities of being, perhaps, in a good family. To be wealthy even.

He didn't care about those things as being with his hyung made him feel like he had already won the lottery; thus this being his one and only secret he has ever kept from Yoongi.

So, they kept their friendship growing up though it wasn't perfect, they had flaws.

By the time Yoongi was in high school it became easy to manage school work, keeping his grades up, and music. Though more problems started to rise when they would get mad at each other often for petty things like: one of them feeling left behind or the other would be talking to a girl or a boy. Some of those fights didn't even make sense because it was as stupid as a: 'why you didn't answer my text last night?' When they perfectly knew that one or the other was busy. It was all due to insecurity and the fact that they were in different schools and spent a lot less time together. It took a lot in Jimin to swallow his pride and admit that he was going overboard with his jealousy and possessiveness. While Yoongi was finally accepting that he got romantic feelings for Jimin hence why he just couldn't connect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter