Chapter 29

Can You Smile

 

Sooyoung and Myungjun threw themselves on the sofa as soon as they entered the house. Both of them looked very exhausted. She put her arm around his shoulder.

 

“Myungjun -ah, are you happy?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“I’ve never been happier. Komawoyo, noona,” answered Myungjun.

 

“What are you thanking me for?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“You always take care of me and always make me happy. Komawoyo,” he explained. She ruffled his hair.

 

“You are such a cute boy,” said Sooyoung. Mrs. Kim came bringing juices for them.

 

“Seeing both of you like this, it really makes me happy,” said Mrs. Kim. She looked around. “Where is Myungsoo?” she asked.

 

“He already went upstairs,” said Sooyoung. “Eomoni, is he always that quiet?”

 

“Ne, that’s our Myungsoo. He prefers to keep things to himself rather than talking to other people. That’s the reason why Myungjun is so happy to have you around. You’re a lot fun to be around with,” said Mrs. Kim.

 

“What does he always do when he’s not studying?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“He’ll read his manga comics in his room,” answered Myungjun.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, can I ask you something?” asked Mrs. Kim.

 

“Eomoni, why are you being like that? You don’t have to ask me first," said Sooyoung. Mrs. Kim smiled.

 

“By any chance, do you like Myungsoo?” asked Mrs. Kim.

 

“What? Myungsoo? Why are you asking me that question?”

 

“I don’t know, it’s just that my feelings tell me that you have feelings towards him,” said Mrs. Kim.

 

“How can I have a feeling towards him? It’s impossible,” said Sooyoung.

 

“That’s okay then. I just want to know,” said Mrs. Kim. Sooyoung stood up.

 

“I’ll go upstairs first. Goodnight,” said Sooyoung. She left the living room. Once she was inside her room, she locked the door and sat at the end of her bed. She could hear her heart beating hard against her chest. “Why am I like this? I never get nervous like this, not even when I first went onto the stage,” she said to herself. “Do I really mean it? I don’t know if I like him or not, but I do feel different whenever he’s around. Does this mean I like him? No, that’s not it. That kind of thing will never happen,” she told herself strictly. Then, her phone rang. She picked it up. When she heard what the person in the line told her, she dropped her phone on the floor.