The end and the beginning

The End

 

It was the end. The warmth from his hug was starting to fade. They promised to keep in touch but she knew it wouldn’t be the same. Her heart felt heavy as they parted. She kept in her tears as best she as could but it rolled down her cheeks as she got into her van. Her manager tried consoling her but she couldn’t hear a thing.

 

Two months later…

 

“Unnie stop practicing you need to eat” Hyeri stopped the music and walked up to Yura.

 

“I’m not hungry.” Yura responded in an emotionless tone as she walked over to ipod to start the music.

 

“Unnie this has to stop.” Screamed a frustrated Hyeri  

 

“Stop what?”

 

“You know what. You haven’t been eating or sleeping since that day. All you do is practice. You already fainted once. Sojin unnie and Minah sent me in to talk to you.” Hyeri started to cry. The members were all worried sick about Yura. The once cheerful girl was gone. Replaced was a person they don’t even know.

 

 “I will be ok Hyeri. I will eat in a bit I promise.” Yura didn’t want to see Hyeri cry over her. She hadn’t had appetite so she didn’t eat. It was hard for her to sleep. No matter what she did to make herself tired she still couldn’t fall asleep.

 

Hyeri wiped her tears. “Ok unnie I’m going to shoot my drama. I will see you back at the dormitory.”

 

“Ok”

 

When Hyeri left Yura slouched down to the floor and tears started to roll down her cheeks.  Yura knew Hyeri was right but she didn’t want to tell them that even after two months she is still in pain. That even after two months all she can do is think about him. In order for her not to think about him she had to distract herself. The only way she knew how was to dance.  

 

Yura got back to the dormitory around dinner time. She may not have appetite but to stop her members from worrying about her she decided to eat dinner with them. Sojin unnie who usually does the cooking came out of the kitchen to greet her.

 

“Hey just in time I made tofu stew. Hyeri shooting ran late so she said to save her some food. Go wash up and come out and eat.” Sojin was definitely the omma of the group.

 

“Ok unnie.”

 

As they sat around the living room table eating Minah suddenly yelled she had an announcement.

 

“So Sojin unnie and I went to talk to our CEO today.”

 

“What about?” Yura was confused. Their comeback is approaching soon. What could they talk to the CEO about.

 

“Letting us go to MT this weekend. All by ourselves.”

 

“And did he say no?” Yura couldn’t imagine him saying yes that’s for sure

 

“He actually said yes. We told him we have been working hard for our comeback plus we have been doing individual activities as well so we deserve a weekend off.” Of course Minah leaves out the part of them telling the CEO they needed the weekend to help Yura with whatever she’s dealing with. The CEO was really reluctant but knew Yura needed help.

 

Yura was shocked. Their CEO who is nice can be very strict.

 

“So pack up. We are leaving Friday afternoon.”

 

 

 

He wonders what she is doing at the moment. He misses her so much. When he accepted We Got Married he thought he would part with his partner on friendly terms. He didn’t think he would get so attached. He misses her laughter, her silly streak, and most of all he misses her warmth. A week after the last taping of the show he wanted to call her and see how she was but he decided not to. He hid his pain well. He immersed himself into work to distract himself. His friends and family didn’t know just how much he misses her. To feel some kind of connection to her he now wears his ring on a necklace.

 

His phone beeped indicating someone had text him. He picked up his phone thinking it was Woo Bin who must want to go to the gym. But it wasn’t Woo Bin it was an unknown number.

 

“This is Minah from Girl’s Day. I got your number from unnie’s phone. When you can please call me. It’s an emergency concerning unnie.”

 

His heart pounded as he called Minah. What could possibly be the emergency? Is she sick or hurt?”

 

“Hello oppa?”

 

“Whats wrong with Ah Young?” There was no time for greetings if Ah Young is hurt or sick

 

  “She hasn’t been doing well since you guys stopped the show.” Jong Hyun’s heart dropped. Ah Young wasn’t doing well?

 

“What do you mean? She texted me saying that she’s preparing for the group’s comeback.” He thought that was why she didn’t text him often.

 

“She is but she doesn’t eat or sleep much these days. She already fainted once. The members and I are scared that if she continue she’s going to faint again or much worst.” His heart broke as he listened

 

“Do her parents know?”

 

“No. She begged us not to tell them since we were able to keep the news from getting out. Oppa I think you are the only one that can help her. She obviously has feelings for you and you guys did have something special. If you do care about her please reach out to her.”

 

“I tried texting her but she hardly responded back. I assumed she was busy with the preparation.”

 

“Look oppa the members and I are creating an opportunity for you two. The company is letting us go on a MT trip. It’s going to be close by Seoul so it won’t be hard to get too. Come see her. You guys need to talk.” Jong Hyun immediately agreed.  He didn’t confess to her his feelings because he didn’t want to interrupt her career. He fell in love with her on the show. Everything that he said and did for Ah Young was genuine.

 

After getting off the phone with Minah he cleared the schedule for the weekend as best he could with his company. He was lucky that his company understood that he needed the weekend off.

 

Friday couldn’t come fast enough. After the photo shoot with Louis Vuitton he immediately got to his car and drove off. He’s been keeping contact with Minah for updates withAh Young. By the time he arrived at the cottage they are staying at it was almost midnight. He texted Minah to let her know he was outside. She immediately responded and told him she would open the door for him.

 

They greeted each other silently as he walked into the cottage. He could her Hyeri laughing from another room which he guesses Ah Young is in as well. Minah ushers him towards the room before shouting they have a guest.

 

He spotted Ah Young right away. He was completely taken back by how much weight she lost. This girl who loves to eat was skin and bones.

 

“Ah Young ah” was all he could manage to say as he stood in front of her.

 

“Oppa” It was good to hear her voice. He could see tears began to form around her eyes. He reached out and hugged her.

 

“We are going to give you guys some space. We will just be outside.” He heard Sojin say.

 

He didn’t want to but he let go of her so they can talk “Oppa what are you doing here?” she sounded so weak. He hated it.

 

“Minah told me you haven’t been eating or sleeping.”

 

“I’m just on a diet for the comeback and you know I always had trouble sleeping.” She looked away from him as she tried to explain herself

 

“I’m sorry for putting you through this Ah Young Ah.”

 

“It’s not your fault oppa.”

 

“I took on the show to get noticed and thought I would just make a friend along the way. Never in my wildest dream that I thought I would fall in love. While we were still on the show I found myself thinking about you and wanting to text you. It was even worst after the show ended. Everything I did reminded me of you. I found myself looking at the phone wishing you would text me or call me. I thought of confessing to you when we were told our marriage was ending. But you are an idol and I didn’t want to be the reason to hinder you career that you worked so hard for.”

 

“Oppa?”

 

“But when Minah told me what has been going on with you I knew I had to tell you how I feel. Ah Young Ah Sarang Hae. I don’t know if I’m too late but I would like to be your boyfriend.”

 

His heart pounded as he waits on her answer. It felt like an eternity before she lunged at him and hugged him

 

“Sarang Hae oppa. Please don’t ever let me go again.” Her confession gave him courage to do something he had wanted to do for the longest time. He kissed her. Her lips are softer than he ever imagined it to be. He knew he would be addicted to kissing her from this moment on. If they didn’t need air he would’ve not stop kissing her.