end.

Over the Ledge

 

Bangtan just finished with practice and they were given free time to do what they want for the night. All the other members except for Jungkook and Hoseok have gone out to either go home or have fun somewhere. It was rare occasion for the group to have this kind of free time and everyone was making sure they enjoy every minute of it.

 

The two males decided to hang out to their usual spot, the rooftop of their company building. Nothing was there but the view was nice especially at the sunset and during the night.

 

Jungkook looked at the ledge that was all too familiar for him. He looked back at the older male, Hoseok who was looking at the same place.

 

The young idol smiled and returned his gaze at the ledge.

 

“Hyung, do you remember that day when we were standing on that same spot?”

 

Hoseok remembered that day all too well. It feels as if it was only last week that they were standing on that ledge.

 

 

 

“Careful. You might fall over. Won’t that be a show stopper?” Hoseok warned and joked at the same time to his friend, Jungkook.

 

They’ve only been friends for a year but for some reason, their friendship and bond was stronger than others. Probably because they spend a lot of time together that they found kinship in each other’s company despite the slight age difference.

 

The younger trainee, Jungkook, rolled his eyes and looked down below. Standing over the ledge didn’t scare him. He was unafraid even if he made a wrong step and fall. He had made it a habit of his to go over the rooftop of this building and stand at the edge. Standing and playing with his fate on this ledge was nothing new.

 

“Can I join you?”

 

Hoseok didn’t wait for a reply and joined him. Carefully, the older male made his way beside Jungkook, who looked at eased on his spot.

 

“This is some freaky Kookie. I don’t really understand why you like doing this.” He said. It was different when he was standing a couple of feet away and now that he was mere inches from falling over.

 

The younger male just shrugged and watched the sun slowly disappear. Watching the sun fades and night to settle was therapeutic for him. It makes him think of the world outside the training. This other world would always give him strength for the following day but there was something different today.

 

He was more tired than ever. His body felt numb.

 

Jungkook was tired of everything. He wanted to go home and yet he didn’t want to think of failure.

 

“Want some company?”

 

The young male looked at him weirdly. It was the first time since he started doing this did his friend asked him that.

 

“You know… when you fall or jump- whatever you want to call it.”

 

Lights from the buildings around them started to light up, illuminating the city as the sky remains dark.

 

“Maybe. But it doesn’t matter.” He looked back at the buildings watching nothing in particular. “Dead is dead.”

 

Even now that he was alive, he felt dead. He didn’t know now what to do with his life. The endless training and stress made him question whether being an idol would be worth all this suffering. They were on their second year and luckily no member changes have been made, but the future was still bleak. Their leader Namjoon was the only remaining member of the original lineup. The same thing could happen to this one. Nothing is for sure.

 

He wanted to run away from all this. Jungkook looked down and for a moment he just wanted to let go and just fall.

 

Jungkook, in his young age, looked melancholic when he said those words. Hoseok couldn’t explain why he described it like that, but somehow he could feel it.

 

Hoseok looked back at the scenery in front of him and casually shrugged, appearing nonchalant but serious as hell. “Well… if you do decide to go over the ledge, I’ll follow you.”

 

This made the younger male look back at his friend, surprised at the words.

 

The older one looked back at the same time and smirked. “Best buds for life.”

 

Best buds for life.

 

Jungkook repeated the words in his head. Something inside of him broke and tears just came pouring out.

 

The older one, Hoseok, has always been playful and fun. To hear him say such serious things made him realize that even though they were mostly fun and games when together, he was truly a friend. Hoseok was telling him that he wasn’t alone. There was someone here that was there for him. To hear someone cares on what he feels made all the difference.

 

This someone in Jungkook’s life is his friend, Hoseok.

 

 

 

 

“What of it?” Hoseok asked.

 

“You saved me that day, did you know hyung? I was really going to jump that day.” The younger male revealed to his long time friend, Hoseok.

 

The older idol’s eyes went wide, looking and sounding surprised at the revelation. “Huh? Wait. What? You were serious back then? I thought you were joking as usual.”

 

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at his friend. “Liar. You knew what I was thinking that’s why you offered.”

 

Hoseok raised his hand as if pledging. “No kidding. I really didn’t know.”

 

Still, the younger male didn’t believe him. Although Hoseok acted playfully, Jungkook could see on the male’s eyes that he did believe that Jungkook would jump. This was just his way to make light of things. Hoseok have always been averse to serious conversations.

 

“I just remembered that I haven’t thanked you for that yet. Thank you Hoseok-hyung for saving my life.” Jungkook smiled at him.

 

The older one stopped acting goofy for a second and sincerely smiled back. “No problem Jungkook. Best buds for life.”

 

“Best buds for life.” Jungkook replied back.

 

Hoseok hooked his arm over Jungkook’s shoulders and dragged the male outside with a grin that meant trouble. “Now treat me a snack as a thank you. That will surely be something I’ll be thankful for since I just ran out of cash.”

 

“You’re always broke hyung.” He pointed out amusedly as he let himself be dragged out by his friend.

 

The older one laughed in a way that spoke of friendship and understanding. In responsde, he playfully messed up the younger one’s hair. “You do know me so well dongsaeng.”

 

“I know.” Jungkook smirked and smacked Hoseok’s hand for ruining his hairstyle.

 

end.


originally, this story was designed for Taehyung but I thought
due to Hoseok and Jungkook's close friendship, they fit the bill^^

thanks for reading~