Final

Knight In Shining Armour

 

 

Special shoutout to SNSD9sowon, IrSeWeJoYe and Soshi_warrior_09 for upvoting my story eventhough I haven't started anything yet. I swear I saw you guys on every single one of my SeulRene fanfics. You guys are so awesome and generous with the upvotes! Thank you for the love! As a present for you guys, I decided to update earlier than I intend to. Also thanks to those who subscribe to this story as well as the other :)

Fair warning, this is just a SeulRene drabble. I can't think of anything longer than this, but I hope it'll at least appease all of your hunger for SeulRenebetes. Without further ado, enjoy the story, and mistakes are all mine.

And make sure to comment cause I love comments like I love comments. Make sense?

 

 

 

Being around a lot of people was not something Irene enjoyed entirely, but being signed up as an MC of a music broadcasting show, she had to endure all those suffocating atmosphere and push away all those stares she received from fellow artists as well. Especially from male artists. Younger or older, it bothered her. She noticed the way they would stare at her, some even making a fool out of themselves just for the sake of garnering her attention, especially the rookies which they failed miserably at, for Irene already has her eyes set on someone.

 

Nothing felt better than knowing that it was your time to be off from work. Thanking everyone around the set, she bid goodbye to her co-host as well as other staff before stepping out of her dressing room. Her manager had informed her that she would be waiting outside as she needed to answer an urgent call.


Before Irene could go any further, she was cornered by whom she recognized as one of F.T. Island's member - SeungHyun. She was surprised by the sudden approach but her managed to muster a stiff smile so as not to show any sign of disrespect towards her senior.


"Irene-ssi, am I right?" SeungHyun asked slowly as he shuffled around on his feet, hands twiddling around with a nervous smile.


Irene nodded with a small smile. "How can I help you, SeungHyun sunbae-nim?"


SeungHyun merely chuckled as his smile grew bigger. Truth be told, Irene didn't want to stay any longer for she wanted to be in the arms of a certain someone. "Oh, just call me SeungHyun. Drop the formalities since I'm younger than you are. I can call you noona, right?"


She was unsure of the situation and she didn't liked where the conversation was headed to, but she nodded nevertheless. SeungHyun nodded as well when he get the approval from Irene as he let out a deep sigh. "Can I... can I have your number, Irene noona?"


Out of the corner, peeking around stealthily, was SeulGi who took a late night taxi to surprise her girlfriend since she had no schedules to attend to and because she wanted to. She's heard of the conversation and was silently snickering away at the bewildered look on her older girlfriend's face when SeungHyun popped the question.


Thinking it was about time to save her damsel in distress, SeulGi emerged from the corner with a cap on, partially hiding her face from SeungHyun's view. Irene, who could recognize her girlfriend's slender frame from miles away, felt herself relaxed at the sight of SeulGi walking down the hall towards them.


"Hyun-ah, are you off from work?" SeulGi asked softly as she slowly approached Irene, whom immediately clung onto SeulGi's arm for dear life. It made SeungHyun frown with the way Irene's eyes screamed adoration at SeulGi's presence.


Irene nodded with a slight frown at SeulGi's question as she unconsciously released her cute side for SeungHyun to witness. SeulGi was the only one who was able to fish it out of her effortlessly, without even trying. "I am. SeungHyun sunbae-nim here was just asking me a few questions."


"Right, it's nice to see you,  SeungHyun sunbae-nim. I apologize for my rude interruption back there." SeulGi said before bowing as SeungHyun reciprocate one of his as well, though his were did half hearted.


"It was fine, SeulGi-ssi. Anyways, Irene noona, so uh... will you?" He asked once again, pressing into the matter further.


Instead of Irene answering, SeulGi spoke up and her older girlfriend noticed the slight venom dripping from SeulGi's voice. "SeungHyun sunbae-nim, I'd appreciate it if you do not push Irene unnie with this matter. If she would, she would have gave you her number already. Since she refused, I'm sure there's a reason behind it, if you know what I mean." SeulGi said, before continuing. "If you may, we're heading off now. And once again, I am sorry for my harsh words if there was any. Have a good rest, sunbae-nim."


And then, SeulGi gently held on to Irene's smaller hand as she led them out of the recording studio, leaving SeungHyun frowning over her action as he contemplates on SeulGi's hidden meaning.


XXX


"That was harsh back there."


SeulGi only grunted for an answer as she tapped harder on her phone, seemingly killing off the zombies in a game in their company's car together with their manager. Irene smiled at the younger girl's antic but made no comment about it.


Smooch.


A faint "Game Over" was heard on SeulGi's phone as her character in the phone was eaten away mercilessly by a bunch of zombies. SeulGi, who was surprised by the sudden gesture, bit on her lower lip to prevent the goofy smile from creeping onto her face, only for her to failed immensely.


Eyeing her older girlfriend with an eyebrow raised, she noticed Irene was sporting a rather cheeky smile. "What was that for?" SeulGi asked.


Letting out a giggle, Irene took SeulGi's phone from her grasp, pocketing it into her own jacket as she nestled into her younger girlfriend's side. "That, baby, was a kiss. On the cheek."


"Uh huh," SeulGi hummed as she smiled, bringing Irene closer to her side as they walked towards Red Velvet's dorm when they arrived, their manager driving away once she was sure they were safe. "I mean, what was that for? You're feeling guilty, huh? Is that why you kissed me? On the cheek?"


Irene bursted into fits of laughter when SeulGi's cheeky hand tickled her side harder and harder each time a question was directed towards her. SeulGi then proceeded on swooping Irene off her feet, the older girl cackling in glee when SeulGi spun them around. When they both calmed down from their high, Irene answered.


"That was something only you will get from me, my knight." And a peck on SeulGi's lips.


SeulGi's smile could not grow any brighter.


"Damn right I do, my damsel in distress."