Final

You're my type

14 September 2015

 

"Alright that was good one Hayi!" Tablo said from the control room. ‘Finally!’ Lee Hi sighed to herself quietly. Hayi stepped out of the recording booth, drained out after the long session. 

 

"I know it been a very long day for you. But it all be worth it once its done.” Tablo said, giving her a pat on back. 

 

“Thank you again for accepting to produce my album.” Lee Hi bowed. Table smiled, “Its my pleasure to work with a voice like yours hayi.” 

 

He looked at the his watch, '12:00 AM’ “YAH THE KIDS SONG IS OUT!” Tablo exclaimed, alerting the girl in front of him. “Sorry, Hayi its just IKON finally debuted I’m just really excited” Tablo said while typing something on his phone.

 

Lee Hi just smiled in reply to his seniors weird antics towards the newly debut group. “It’s alright sunbae, they’ve been through a lot any way.” Lee Hi gathered her things quietly, ready to just lay down her bed and go to wonderland. “I’ll head off first!” she bowed to her senior.

 

“Ah, okay see you again.” Tablo replied while focusing on his phone. Lee Hi got out of the studio hearing IKON’s song in the back ground.

 

‘You’re my type,you’re my type’

 

‘Hmm, is it about their ideal type of girl?’ Lee hi thought as she walked to the parking lot

 

 

15 September 2015

 

A soft melody starts to play slowly becoming louder waking up the girl who’s in deep slumber. “Ugh, whaaaaaat” Lee Hi said in frustration. She blindly reached for her ringing phone to see who would ruin her beauty sleep. 

 

‘Soohyunnie’

 

‘Aish this girl.’ Lee hi answered and was welcomed with excitement,”UNNIE HAVE YOU HEARD?” Lee Hi was awaken by the younger one as usual. “Unnie, You should listen to the song!” Soohyun exclaimed once again. A confused Lee Hi replied, “What are you talking about?” 

 

“IKON’s new song my type!” Soohyun replied quickly. “Unnie its about you. You should check it out!” ‘Wait, what?’ Lee Hi thought in much more confusion.

 

“Unnie I have to go okay? I’ll see you later and we shall discuss this! Bye!” Soohyun said, causing the older to be stunned. “Eh, soohyun?” Lee Hi was replied with dead silence. She sighed and got up from her bed going to her desktop.

 

Her chubby little fingers hovered around the keys, searching for the new released track. "Ah there it is!” she exclaimed. It started with a slow beat and followed by a baritone voice, ‘You’re my type,you’re my type’

 

‘Hmm the chorus is catchy.’ Lee hi thought as continued listening. 

 

'Your sneakers under your thin ankles
A perfect harmony with your denim skinny jeans
Under your slightly big cardigan
Your falling, long, straight hair is so pretty
Your shy eye smile, the look on your face when you space out
It all looks so pretty to me, it makes my heart tremble
Why did you come now? You’re my type’

 

After listening to the first verse, Lee hi was wondering how can Soohyun think this song is about her. Lee Hi stood up from the chair and went to take her phone from her bed. She unlocked her phone, dialled the number of her morning disturbance then she heard it.

'A girl, can I ask you something?

Where did you learn to talk so chicly?

you work and walk and spit words like a boss

wonder woman, in reality you’re so feminine

Oh you have a sensual feeling

I’m captivated by your alluring eyes

Your detailed touch

But your body movements are slightly awkward, I like it babe’

Lee hi’s eyes became bigger, shocked. “Hello, unnie?” Soohyun answered. “Hey! You are listening to the song! Was I right? It’s about you right?” 

“I’ll meet you at the cafeteria later and we will discuss this!” Lee Hi replied snapping out of her shocked. “Oh okay then, But unnie they maybe there!” Soohyun then said her goodbye and ended the call. 

 

Lee Hi was watching her surrounding like a hawk. She was scared she’ll bump into him and she was not prepared for that awkward encounter. 'Well, I do not truly know its about me why must I be so paranoid?’ Lee Hi thought. ‘Its not like I’m really his type right? I’m pretty sure whoever she is she is way more prettier.’ She started to relax a bit and walked normally. She took out her phone to ask the whereabouts of her best friend.

Lee Hi suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder keeping her from walking. She looked up and was greeted by the wooden wall. She turn to her right and was greeted by a toothy grin, “You should watch where your going.”

Lee Hi’s eyes widen, “Uh, well yeah thats right. I’m sorry.” The male looked at her, “Are you okay Hayi? You seem jittery.” 

“Who me? I fine just rushing to see soohyun. I’ll see later okay?” Lee Hi waved goodbye then dashed away. 

“Eh?” Bobby stood there looking at the petite girl in confusion. 

Lee Hi slowed down as she had gotten some distance away from Bobby. She sighed. “Unnie!” Soohyun waved from one of the cafeteria tables. Lee Hi walked quickly to her and sat down  in front of Soohyun, “Why do you think its about me?”

“Its the perfect description of you Hayi.” A deep voice from behind replied her. Lee Hi’s heart skipped, scared to turn around. “Don’t you think?” Chanhyuk asked, sitting beside her.

She sighed in relief upon seeing the older sibling. ”Can you not do that?” Lee Hi then smacked Chanhyuk. “AH!” Chanhyuk reacted in pain.

“Why don’t you just ask him unnie?” Soohyun suggested looking from a distance. “What are you out of your mind?” Lee Hi looked at her like she was crazy.

“Oh come on unnie, even during our ‘I’m Different’ promotions he treated you well” Soohyun said, with her brother nodding in agreement. “Well, its because you bullied him.” Lee Hi retorted back. Soohyun’s eyes widen, “What! No, I didn’t"

Lee Hi laughed at her best friends reaction. “You tricked me there!” Soohyun crossed her arms and smirked. Lee Hi stopped laughing, “Wait, why are you smirking?”

“Annyeong!” Soohyun waved then dragged her brother with her. “What? Where are you going?” Lee Hi asked in confusion. She turned around to see him walking her way. 

“Oppa, Hayi unnie wanted to ask you something.” Soohyun told Bobby as she walked off. Lee Hi glared at Soohyun as she walked off. “What did you want to ask me Hayi?” Bobby asked as he sat down in front of her.

“Ah, it’s nothing. Soohyun is just messing around you know.” Lee hi denied, trying not to make eye contact. “Well, then I have a question for you instead.” Lee Hi looked up to see Bobby signature bunny smile, “Have you heard the song?”

Lee hi nodded, looking down again. “What about it?” Bobby reached out to her, “So you know you’re my type then?”