Look at this Photograph

Look at this Photograph

Daesung sat by himself in the abandoned dorm, rubbing a picture of his beloved Youngbae in between his fingers. The picture was worn out and torn at the edges from being held so many times.

 

Daesung held the picture close to his chest, smiling to himself. He had many pictures of Youngbae, but this picture was by far his favorite. In the picture his band mate was asleep, shirtless and a little bit sweaty since they had no air conditioning inside the dorm, not that Daesung was complaining. But, as much as he enjoyed this picture, he needed a new one to sleep beside with at night.

 

He glanced at the clock on his nightstand. It beamed back in bright colors 8:30pm, giving him about a half an hour until Youngbae and the other members were suppose come home. That was plenty of time for him to plan what type of picture he would take of Youngbae this time to add to his collection, which was hard enough as it was. On top of the difficult task of brainstorming photograph ideas, their darn leader, Jiyong, was in the way.  

 

Jiyong and Youngbae have known each other for nearly a decade, way before Bigbang’s debute or even before Daesung joined YG. Of course their friendship made him jealous, but he was too polite to ever voice it. Since Youngbae and Jiyong were so close, the two were almost inseparable, unless Seunghyun hyung was around, which he wasn't. With all of Daesung's luck, Seunghyun decided today was a good day to spend some time with his mom. It was okay, because Daesung has managed to achieve at least 20 pictures of his beloved hyung with the other members around plenty of times.

 

He was confident with himself, but still, Daesung wanted a picture with more substance. Something that was different from all the other pictures within his collection. How was he suppose to achieve that with their leader all over Youngbae majority of the night. He could wait until they were all asleep, but he already had a picture of Youngbae sleeping. Plus, where was the fun in getting the winning shot of his beloved hyung if he just waited for everyone to fall asleep. No, Daesung will take a picture that both him and Youngbae will remember.

 

The time slowly creeped closer to 9pm while Daesung sat patiently on the couch waiting for his fellow band mates to arrive back at the dorm. Soon enough, he heard the creak of the front door open. His heart leaped with excitement as he saw Youngbae stroll in, followed by Jiyong and Seungri.

 

"Hi! I wasn't expecting you guys to be home so early," he lied, keeping a large smile plastered on his face as he waved at them from the couch.

 

Seungri gave Daesung a small wave back before quickly heading to his rooms, while Youngbae just gave him a nod of acknowledgement. Jiyong, on the other hand, ignored Daesung and simply drew Youngbae's attention away from him.

 

Daesung gritted his teeth in aggravation as he watched Youngbae pay attention to Jiyong and not him, but maintained a smile the whole time. He calmly got up and made his way towards his room, accidently bumping shoulders with Jiyong while doing so. Daesung said a quick apology to Jiyong, who just rolled his eyes and continued his conversation with Youngbae. Daesung took a deep breath, trying to hold back his anger, and resumed walking to his room.

 

Once arriving to the room, he threw himself onto his bed and glared at the ceiling. Eventually his eyes started the get strained so he opted to closing them, and allowed his mind to wonder.

 

--

 

Daesung was sprawled out on top of his bed, deep in thought, while his roommate Seungri was busy watching some video on his laptop. Seungri and him didn't have a very close relationship, so the silence in their room was normal and sometimes it was much needed since they lived such busy lives. It also gave him a way to eavesdrop on his hyungs in the room beside theirs, although most of the time it just fueled his jealousy.

 

He glanced at the clock beside him. It beamed 10:30pm, which was around the time they got ready for bed if they didn't have any plans for the night. Daesung let out a long sigh, maybe he wasn't going to get his picture today. He got up from his bed and went to go peek out the bedroom door. He saw that Jiyong was watching TV on the couch while Youngbae was nowhere in sight. Daesung examined the area before catching a small crack of light coming from the under the bathroom door. He knew Seungri wasn't going to leave his room for the rest of the night, which gave Daesung the perfect opportunity to finally get the winning picture of his precious hyung.

 

He softly shut the door to his room and grabbed one of the empty wine bottles on the counter. He creeped up slowly behind Jiyong and gave him a hard blow to the head with the wine bottle, knocking his leader out cold. Daesung snickered to himself, as he threw the wine bottle onto Jiyongs lap and made his way towards the bathroom.

 

Daesung could hear Youngbae's beautiful singing. It gave him goosebumps just listening to his hyung all by himself from outside the bathroom, imagining it up close made him shiver with joy. He knew the door was locked, so he began picking at the lock with a paperclip he found. Eventually he was able to unlock the door, before gradually opening the it to where he could just slip in undetected then shutting it behind him.

 

The bathroom was a decent size since it was meant for 5 people to be able to share all at once, which allowed Daesung the ability to sneak up on Youngbae. He quietly approached the used shower, holding his breath all while his heart beated in his throat. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket as he carefully reached for the shower curtains.

 

Daesung grabbed the the shower curtain and tugged it open, revealing a very surprised and Youngbae. He grinned to himself all while looking his hyung over. He snapped a couple pictures of his hyung before stepping into the shower, fully clothed. Youngbae began to panic and backed up towards the wall as Daesung moved closer still wearing an innocent smile on his face.

 

"Hyung, you are so much more beautiful up close. I wish I could spend more time like this with you so close to me," Daesung whispered as he placed a hand on Youngbae's face, making circular motions with his thumb.

 

He began to lean in closer to Youngbae's face, allowing their lips to just barely graze over each other, before moving his head onto his Hyung's shoulder. Daesung slowly wrapped his arms around Youngbae and started laughing, which quickly turned to weeping.

 

"Please, hyung, love me back," he muttered softly.

 

"Daesung"

 

He snapped his head up to look at Youngbae, who was smiling at him.

 

Youngbae closed his eyes and leaned in to whisper into Daesung's ear, "Wake up"

 

Everything went black.

 

--

 

Daesung sat up quickly from his bed and looked around. Seungri was already up and getting dressed for the day.

 

"Finally you're awake! You're usually the one waking me up, what's the deal," Seungri snorted

 

Daesung glanced at his clock, which showed 7:30am. He was asleep this whole time. It was all a dream. With a long sigh, Daesung finally got out of bed.

 

"You're right! I must of been more tired than I thought," he said cheerfully, plastering his signature smile on his face.


He'll do it the right way, next time.