The House in the Woods

All Hallows' Eve

Thunder roars overhead, its sound sending vibrations to the earth below. Lighting glides between the dark clouds like a celestial dragon. Without another warning, rain descents heavily upon the trees, drenching the soil.

A scream rings out and sends the birds flying from their branches.

A particularly loud thunder booms and lightning strikes down, splitting a tree in two. The wind howls and the trees sways, their leaves ripped off their branches and twirling like crazed salsa dancers in the wind. It blows onto the split tree, causing the injured inside trunk to glow and burn. It sizzles as the rain cools it down, the glow dampening and fades away.

The bushes shakes, giving way to a dark figure. In his hand is a connected phone. He lifts it up to his ear.

“Soomi! Soomi, are you okay? What was that scream? Soo…”

The phone crushes under a booted foot, meeting its demise as its fate seals.

The figure turns and walks back through the bushes.

The rain continues to fall heavily, drowning burrows and nearly flushing away a family of bugs. It pours, cleaning the soil and bringing life wherever it goes.

Perched on a branch in the midst of the trees is a large raven, its talons wrapped around the bark, its head cocking to the side, and its beady eyes, the witness to the scene below. He squawks loudly, flapping its wings as a flash of lightning booms above.

Raging, the thunder continues to boom and streak across the sky, shedding light to the unmoving device and its equally broken owner only three feet away.

The creatures know better than to go near the body, only acting as witnesses of its removal the next day. The raven would stare, gawking at the rescue party, perhaps looking out of the next unfortunate victim. Soon, he knows, the next victim will appear soon.

She huffs as she takes another step. She hates her camping club with a passion, but that doesn’t mean she wants to be separated from them. The bugs are going to eat her alive, she just knows it. She hates bugs, especially mosquitoes and they’re feasting on her like a walking all-you-can-eat buffet.

It’s been two hours since she was separated from the group. The only reason why she joined was because she was scouted by a member when she was sick out of her mind. She has answered all the questions without hesitation in her fever induced mind and by the time she recovered, it was too late to cancel the membership. To make matters worse, the club decided on a Halloween special camping trip to visit a camping site famously known to be haunted in a forest said to devour souls. She is not a camping person or an outdoor type even, and she is genuinely terrified of the spiritual beings of the underworld.

But here she is. Lost in a forest. Surrounded by dense plantation. Alone with bugs her life away. With camping fear on her back. And slowly going crazy. It’s way too hot to keep walking and night is only two hours away.

A screech pierces through the air.

Her behind lands heavily on the ground, her hand on the moist earth. “Eww…” She grimaces at the dirt, brushing it off quickly. Standing up, she brushes the dirt off her behind. Her eyes turn to the culprit. “Thanks a lot.”

The raven his head.

“Yeah, you. You made me fall with your sudden screaming.” She frowns as the bird opens its beak.

A bloodcurdling scream echoes in the air, sending nearby birds into a panic.

“Stop that!” She puffs up her cheeks in a pout. “That’s horrifying!”

The raven shrieks again.

“Oh my…” She puts a hand on her chest to ease her thumping heart. “Seriously, are you trying to kill me?”

Instead of another scream, the raven caws normally at her.

“Thank you!” She huffs and adjusts the straps on her shoulders. “Now, you don’t happen to know where my club members are, do you?”

The raven tilts its head.

“Right.” She sighs in defeat. “I can’t believe I’m asking a bird for directions.”

“Caw!”

“Sorry, sorry.”

The birds pushes himself off the branch and lands on her camping pack.

“Talk about hitching a ride.”

The raven makes himself comfortable on his moving perch, happily sight-seeing.

She glances around and notices smoke, possibly from a fireplace or a camping fire, and heads towards it, hopefully.

The raven screeches.

“What? What I do?”

“Caw!”

“There’s smoke over there! That means people!”

A shriek.

“I don’t care. I’m going.”

“Caw!”

“Ow! Stop that! Quit it!” She waves her arms around, trying to brush the raven away from her head. “Step pecking me! That hurts!” She feels the talons scratching against her arms. “Okay, okay!” She backs up, throwing her arms done. “If you’re so smart, then which way do I go? Hm? Go on, lead the way!” She glares at the bird perched on a branch above her head.

The flapping of wings can be heard as the raven pushes himself forward and lands on a branch ten feet in front of her.

“That way? But there are people this way!”

“Caw!”

She frowns, scowling at the bird. “I don’t care. I’m going this way. You can’t tell me… hey stop that!” She feels her hand smack the raven’s body.

The raven falls rather hard on a protruding tree root as an attempt to avoid the waving arms. “Caw!”

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Caw!” The raven spreads his wings out, angry at being hit.

“Well, it wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t attach me out of nowhere.” She leans down and pulls out her half eaten sandwich from her coat pocket. “Here, as an apology.” She breaks off a piece of her sandwich and hands it over to the bird, palm open. “Just don’t bite me in revenge or something, okay?”

The raven tilts his head and slowly grabs the piece of bread and sliced ham inside. “Caw.” He flaps his wings in thanks and acceptance of her apology.

“Don’t get too comfy with the idea. The rest of this is mine.” She stuffs the sandwich back into her pocket, zipping it close. “Come on. I’ll even carry you, oh raven king.” She jokes and reaches out her arm, watching as the raven carefully hopes onto it. “Don’t claw my arm off, okay?” She pulls the bird close to her chest.

The raven flaps his wings and shifts on her arm.

“Come on!” She pulls her hand away. “Stop moving or I’ll leave you here to be dinner for some animal. I’m being nice because you’re hurt…probably.”

The raven settles down, allowing her to continue being his legs. Instead, he moves to perch on her shoulder, instead.

“Good raven.” She smiles brightly, patting the raven on his wing. “Yah, did you just roll your eyes at me?”

“Cruck.”

“You better have not. And don’t cruck at me.” Wanting so much to just give up, she decides to continue anyways. It’s not like she has a choice in the present situation. Who knows what animals are lurking around trying to make a meal out of her.

Smack!

She pulls her hand away from her face in disgust at the bug. “Eww… Gross!”

The next hour passes as she continues on the path she found, following it to the rest stop that’s supposed to be at the end. She hopes the rest of the club is still there. Curse the mountain and its lack of reception!

The raven nests comfortably in the front pouch of her hoodie, letting out soft calls and caws occasionally, as if guiding her through the dark.

The shadows lurk around her, following, stalking, haunting. One reaches to grab her, mussing when she trips and falls. It slinks back into the darkness. Like a gloomy cloud, it hovers close, waiting for another chance to pounce.

The setting sun makes it much harder for her to see anything. A flashlight would work, but she doesn’t have spare batteries. And she needs her phone for emergencies, despite not having reception, so using the light app is out of the question. She’ll just have to wait until the sun can no longer guide her before using the flashlight. However, it doesn’t take long for the sun to set completely, plunging her into darkness. The redness of the moon does not help to ease her fears. The only comforting constant is the weight and warmth of the raven against her belly. But that too, will be gone once the raven decides to abandon her.

She tries to think less and move more. The moon isn’t red. The shadows aren’t moving. There’s nothing in the trees. She’s no being stalked. She’s not in danger. She’s definitely not going to die. She’ll live to her eighties, no, nineties. She’ll have her own apartment with a magnificent view. She’ll be successful and rich with men still flocking to her. She’ll be old and wrinkly, but beautiful and dazzling. She would have lived a fulfilling life and would die with a smile on her face. Her fortune would be donated to help struggling college students and put those less fortunate back into classrooms. She won’t die in the middle of nowhere. She will not be some animal’s dinner, not that she’s appetizing in the first place.

“I’m too fabulous to be appetizing.” She mumbles to herself, trying to boost up her courage. “That or I’m too disgusting to eat.”

“Caw.”

“I know, you’re full of charms yourself.”

“Caw.”

Another hour later, she pushes pass dense branches, struggling when the branches seem to want to hold her back with their hold on her backpack. She manages to pull free with one final pull, hearing the branches give way behind her. She gives the forestation one last look, feeling apologetic about the broken branches. Pulling them off, she digs a hole and plants the branches inside and pats the tree, mumbling an apology. Normally, she would just leave without looking back, but the trees had tolerated her presence, her whining and her tantrums, she should at least repay them for their patience. Besides, she survived thanks to the trees and being alive is a miracle in itself. The least she could do is be nice.

“Okay, what about you?” She rubs her finger on the raven’s head. “Are you leaving too?”

“Caw.” The raven buries his head inside her pouch, unwilling to leave the warmth for the cold night air. He has grown fond in being carried around and the warmth of the hoodie is comfortable, too comfortable for him to leave.

“Fine. Suit yourself.” She adjusts the straps digging into her shoulders. “Maybe if I’m feeling nice, I’ll even feed you.” She pats the pouch, rubbing it with affection, but flinches slightly at the stab on her hand. “Okay, okay. No rubbing the tummy.”

Half an hour later, she pushes the door of a cabin open, peeking in shyly. “Hello? Anyone home?” She eases the door wider and walks in. “I don’t want to intrude, but I’m lost and cold.”

The raven wiggles out of her pouch and lands on the floor, exploring the new surroundings. He tilts his head and heads down the small hall, looking into the rooms.

The rest area was not where it was indicated to be. Instead, the small house seems to have a personal owner. The living room is connected with the kitchen, separated by the counter top. On the side facing the living room, there are beautiful hand-carved designs etched on the wooden base. On the other side, it’s a counter top used for cooking. Facing the counter is the skin and stove. The fridge is in between the two, standing tall against the wall. A short hall leads to the bedroom and bathroom. The cabin is clean and tidy, the sign of having a current resident.

“What are you doing here?”

She jumps at the voice, bumping into the table. Luckily, she had already taken off her backpack, something she does absentmindedly due to habit. “Sorry. I uh… I got separated from my group hours ago and need a place to stay. I saw this cabin and wondered if I can stay the night. I’m sorry to intrude.”

“Group? A camping group?” The man asks, glancing at her backpack. “Someone told me they turned around and left a few hours back.”

“Great, just great.” She grumbles, brushing her hair out of her face. Biting her lips, she sifts under the man’s gaze. “Is it possible…? Can you…?”

The man walks pass her to the kitchen. ”Have you eaten?

“N-no.” She replies, sheepishly covering her stomach’s loud growl. “Sorry.”

“Here, something to warm you up.” He places the mug of hot tea in front of her. “Do you have anything you prefer?”

“Hm?”

“Your preference. Food, to eat.”

“Oh! Anything’s fine.”

He turns around and opens the fridge for ingredients. “I don’t have much. I hope you’re satisfied with eggs and ham.”

“Yes, thank you.”

The meal preparation continues in silence, a comfortable one.

She inhales the aroma of the tea, feeling it warm her insides. It feels nice as the heat washes over her in waves. The tingly taste of citrus dances on her tongue and soothes . The tea alone is enough to satisfy her. She turns her gaze to the man at the stove, admiring his long hair, neatly tidied behind him. He was on a long white robe of some sort, like a traditional piece of clothing from an Asian country.

He watches as she relaxes into her seat, carefully placing the plate on the table. Wrapping his delicate fingers around his mug, he lifts it to his lips, savoring the taste. The girl in front of him looks sweet, kind, delicious. In normal circumstances, he would be preparing ways to taste her, relishing her youth on his tongue, but…

The wind howls loudly outside, shoving the trees left and right. Leaves are torn from their branches and a log rolls along the floor until it slams into a tree trunk and cracks in two.

He runs a hand through his hair, draping it over his left shoulder and sits down. He gentle knocks the table with his knuckles, smiling when the girl turns her eyes to him.

 “Huh?”

“Aren’t you hungry?” He pushes the plate closer, drawing her attention to the food.

The aroma hits her senses, sending her stomach into a grumbling frenzy. “Sorry, I must have dozed off.” She picks up the fork and knife, digging in hurriedly into her meal.

He watches in fascination as she devours the meal, amused when she tries to remember to be polite in his presence.

Finishing in a flash, she washes down her meal with her tea. “Thank you for the meal. It was delicious.”

“It’s just a meal, nothing much.”

“It is to me, thank you.”

Yes, she’s fascinating. He drops the plate into the sink. “I only have one room, but you’re welcome to use it for the night.” Here it comes. She’ll offer to share the bed and

“Oh no! I don’t want to put you out like that. I can just stay here in the living room.” She dismisses the idea immediately without hesitation, waving her hands with a grateful smile. “I can just set up camp in here. You can keep your room. It would be rude of me to take it. I’m just a guest after all, an uninvited on at that.”

“Are you certain? It’s no trouble at all.”

“I’m sure. I haven’t even got the chance to use my camping stuff. I’ll just use my sleeping bag and…” She frowns at the man studying her stuff. “Not to be rude, but…what are you doing?” She kneels down on the floor next to the man.

“Well, you’ll need to set up the tent if you want some privacy. I thought it would be polite of me to give you some assistance in setting it up.”

“Ah… thank you.” She reaches over and pulls her sleeping bag out of her large luggage. “I’m sorry for bothering you.”

“It’s no trouble at all. I am happy to assist you.” His smile falters under her gaze. “Is something the matter?”

“Nothing. It’s just that…” She bites her lips, wondering if her comment would offend the other. “You’re really pretty, very…prince like. Are you royalty?”

The statement startles him, but his smile returns seconds later. “Of course not. What impression of me made you think that way?” He glances at the instructions for the tent.

“I don’t know. But for one thing, you’re really polite, especially to some random stranger that showed up in your house out of nowhere. The way you speak is also different.”

“I don’t mind. It’s better for you to be here than outside, is it not? It’s also nice to have company when you live alone.” Standing up, he lifts the tent by its skeleton, snapping the joints in place. “It gets awfully lonely.”

“Then I should keep you company as payment for the room and food.” Her cheerful smile counters the negatively of her day.

“In that case, I shall give you my gratitude in advance.” He doesn’t remember what it feels to hold a conversation with someone, especially since… He pushes the thoughts away. It’s a long time ago when he was still…Mark, the young master’s loyal friend. Now he’s Rave, a servant of a master he despises.

It’s not until she opens her eyes that she realizes she had fallen asleep. Or noticed the disappearance of the raven the prior to him shrieking in her face.

“Talk about a rude awakening.” She ruffles her hair with a sigh. Opening the tent door, a blinding light greets her. “What the…?” She scampers out of the tent, her feet meeting grass.

Instead of the familiar and cozy living room, lush plantation greets her. The trees are high and mighty with shrubs gathered around its large roots. The blades of grass are green, greener than any other seen. The branches sway in the wind, dancing in playfulness as the leaves join in with their own rhythm. Instead of the howling from the night prior, the wind seem to sing merrily, carrying a sweet fragrance of flowers.

Paranoid and creeped out, she shoos the raven out of the tent and quickly pack it all up, rolling her sleeping bag and stuffing it back with the rest of her stuff. Gathering her things, she pulls on her boots, and heads off in search of people and civilization.

Perched on a tree, the raven watches as she push through the trees again, a map in hand. It soars through the trees, diving pass the branches with ease. Flying swiftly, it appears only as a black blur, going higher and higher until it reaches a mansion covered by heavy plant life. It dives in through a broken window, tumbling into dangling vines. His speed causes him to flip and land on the ground with a flop, sliding across the polished floor in a mess of limbs.

“You know, you were once as graceful as a swan. And now, you’re a newborn calf.”

“Young master.” The man pulls himself up from the ground, brushing away the non-existing dust and straightening his clothes. “I don’t mean to be impolitely, but…shut up.”

The young master smiles fondly at the other man. “So, any news?”

“Not really. She’s as dull as they come.”

“Dull as in…?”

“Dull, like different from the others. She’s amusing in that aspect too. She didn’t try to take advantage of the situation and stayed in her designated part of the house. She kept her word in staying out of my chambers.”

“And her character?”

“Polite, easy-going, and looks for the brighter sides of her situation instead of dwelling on her unfortunate circumstances.”

“Oh?” His voice shows his eagerness to hear about the strange girl. “I would like to meet her myself.” He smiles sadly at the thought.

“She’s heading towards town as we speak and would reach it by nightfall. It would be impossible to meet her at this point.”

“But you can steer her back here, right?”

“Young master?” He frowns in bewilderment. “Is it necessary? She’s probably within distance of the town this very moment. And she passed the test.” The man urges, biting his tongue at the insolence he just shown to his beloved young master.

“I know it’s wrong, but it’s been so long. I miss it, the company, the excitement, the sighs and anticipation of doing things, whatever it may be.”

He feels for his young master. It’s been only the two of them for years, of course the man would yearn for company other than himself. “Yes, young master.”

“Y-you… You can, right?” He turns hopeful at the thought. “That’s…that’s good.” Light returns to his dull eyes. “Please, have her in my presence when she arrives.” He turns and hurries off, mumbling about wearing something decent for company.

He bows his head in respect for the young master, acknowledging the other’s wish. It’s been so long since the other has smiled and anticipated anything. However, the girl’s presence… He sighs and looks out through the vine covered windows into the forest outside. His skin tingles as the trees start to wave.

The branches give way unnaturally as a hand pushes them aside. The girl huffs and turns the map in her hands. “Perfect. Just…fantastic.” She glances around at the familiar trees, resigning to her fate. “I’m lost. Again.”

A green frog stares at her on a rock, croaks and hops off into the bushes.

Sighing, she sits down on the rock, putting her bag down next to her and folds her map. She stuffs it back into her bag pocket and pulls out her water bottle, finding it empty. Searching for snacks, another sigh escapes her lips. “Fabulous. I’m going to starve to death before being eaten alive.”

“Caw!”

“Birdie!” She rushes over with a smile and open arms, crouching down to the raven’s height. “I’m so glad to see you. Where did you go?” She picks up the bird and returns to her rock, putting the raven on her knee. “I was so scared~!” She tilts her head to look at the bird’s face. “Yah, do you know? I woke up surrounded by trees when I spent the night in that house. There was this really cute guy there. He’s tall, but not that tall. Hm…maybe around five feet nine? He has a slender body and a charming face. He was really polite too. He offered me food. It was only ham and eggs, but it was enough.” She smiles fondly at the memory, hugging the raven close. “A guy who can cook is twice as charming. And he has long hair. Guys with long hair don’t always look good, but he tied it up and neat. It’s cute on him.”

The raven squawks and struggles out of her hold, landing on the soft ground. He spreads his wings angrily at being smothered. His anger fades at the pout on the girl’s face.

“I didn’t even get to say goodbye.” She groans and kicks her feet out, causing the raven to jump and flutter his wings out of the way. “Whatever. I’m hungry and need to find the nearest town.” She stands up with the strap of her luggage in her hand.

The raven grabs her boot’s lace and tugs.

“Stop that.” She pushes him away with her foot.

“Caw!”

“What?”

“Caw!”

“You gonna lead the way again? Are you trying to get me lost or something?”

“Caw!”

“Fine, smarty-pants.” She hauls up her bag, silently hoping its weight wont’ kill her back as she continues to carry it on her shoulders. “You’re the raven. Show me how smart you are.”

The raven takes off, landing on a branch ten feet away to her right. “Caw!”

“Okay, okay. Hold your horses. You’re not the one carrying around gear.” She hugs and follows after the raven.

The afternoon sun is scorching, but the trees provide much needed cover. Unfortunately, nothing can be done about the heat. The trees keep the sunlight to a minimum, but also keep the heat in. The humidity doesn’t help either. It’s only creating more opportunities for bugs and mosquitoes to find her.

“So hot.” She’s tempted to take off her jacket, but the bugs will get to her. “It’s not even that hot, but I’m dying~.” She whines and leans against a tree to rest. “I need water. And food.” She pushes herself away and follows after the raven flying above. “And a bath, and warm bed.” She grunts and starts up the slope. “I miss my bed. I miss my annoying tap. I miss the AC and the dirty laundry and doing housework, Heck, I even miss the neighbor’s annoying dogs.”

“Caw!”

“Stop getting your in a bunch!” She growls with irritation. “I’m coming as fast as I can. I wish I could just flap my wings and fly there, but I don’t have any, do I?”

The raven titles his head. “Caw.”

She sighs in defeat. “I mean stop rushing me. I’m dying here from all the walking. Can we take a rest? Please?”

The raven opens his beak and…

“Okay, okay. No stopping” She huffs and continues on, using her hands to help her move better on the slope. “When I get home, I’m going to sleep for a week.”

The sun continues to shine as it shifts in the sky. Soon enough, it was setting again. The moon rises into the night sky, joining the stars. The temperature cools down and a soft breeze appears, making the trees dance merrily.

“Ah! That’s it!” She drops her bag onto the ground. “I can’t walk anymore. I’ll just stay here and get eaten by wild animals.” She plops down on the grass and closes her eyes, exhausted.

“That’s a horrible way to die.” A familiar smile looks down at her, the man’s long raven hair dangling on his shoulder.

“It’s you!” She shoots up, but falls back down. “Ow!”

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, just walked too much. I can’t feel my legs.”

He smiles gentle at her. “Do you perhaps have the energy to walk a little farther?”

“To where?”

“My master’s house is farther up the hill and he would be happy to receive you as a guest. Or perhaps you would like to rest momentarily first?”

“As tempting as it sounds, I’ll still need to rest. My legs are numb.”

 “I understand.” He sits down next to her. “I will sit and accompany you until you are ready to resume the trip to meet my master.”

“Hm?” The man’s words sound seems to hold a different meaning.

“Were you not on your way to meet him? Is that not why you went in this direction?”

“Oh no! I was lost and only got this far because I was follow this…” She looks around and frowns. “Great, he’s gone again.”

“Gone? Did you have a companion with you? Perhaps I can give you some assistance in searching for him. It would not be a bother at all.”

“No, it’s not that.” She smiles embarrassedly. “Actually, I’ve been taking directions from this raven.” She notices the bewildered look on the man’s face and quickly continues. “It sounds crazy, I know, but the raven seem to understand me and they’re intelligent birds. So I figured, why not? He’s probably knows where there are people around better than I do.”

“Well, ravens are intelligent birds, but… I’m not trying to insult or upset you, but don’t you feel slightly ridiculous to follow a bird? He might not even be leading you anywhere, except to being more lost than previously.”

“I’m lost. There aren’t a lot of things I can do. The raven’s probably my best bet.”

“I’m not your raven companion, but perhaps I can take over and lead you to shelter.” He offers a tender smile to her and offers a hand to help her up.

“That…would be lovely.” She smiles and stands up, her legs feeling better after resting. At least she can feel them. “We better start or we’ll both end up staying here all night.”

“Agreed.” He reaches for her bag. “Please, allow me to be of assistance. My master would be most displeased with me if I allow a lady such as yourself to carry such a heavy baggage. I will be disappointment in myself if I cannot help you lessen your burden.”

“Are you sure? It’s really…” Her words die at the graceful movement of her bag eased onto the man’s back. “Wow. You’re really strong.”

“Physical strength is required of me to better serve my master.” He gestures with an open palm towards her into the correct direction. “Ladies first.”

“Thank you.” She nods her head awkwardly and starts walking,

He follows after, falling in step with her. He notices the tension in her body language and how she takes a step aside away from him. “Does my presence make you uncomfortable?”

“Huh, no. Why do you ask?”

“You seem to be wary of me next to you and I thought it to be because of my presence. I would understand if you are suspicious of me. After all, I’ve appeared out of nowhere twice and you are not in a situation to trust a stranger.”

“No, it’s not you. You’ve been nothing but helpful. And sweet.” She lowers her head shyly. “It’s just that…I’m not used to guys being nice and polite to me.”

“Why not? Is it that strange to offer assistance when a lady needs it?”

“It’s because I’m used to guys ignoring me unless they want something from me. Guys where I’m from always have something they want in return, an ulterior motive, when they help a girl out. They’re never polite or nice without planning on some type of payment in return, usually something personal and unwilling from the girl.”

“That sounds awful. Why would they think of asking for payment for offered assistance? In my great-grandfather’s time, any man giving aid to a lady with hopes of gaining favors were severely punished. It was unaccepted for men to ask for favors for what they offered to do.”

“Someone needs to bring that back.” She pauses and takes a deep breathe. “So tired.”

“Would you like to rest for a moment?”

“I’m good.”

“Are you certain?”

“If I rest now, then we’ll never make it there. I won’t want to get up again.”

“It would be a shame then.” A man smiles and takes another step closer, extending his hand towards her. He frowns at the lack of response and pulls back, embarrassed.

She glances suspiciously towards her raven-haired traveling companion. At this point, he’s the only one she trusts.

“I apologize.” Her companion gestures towards the newcomer with his hand. “This is the master…I serve.” He grinds his teeth at the word, ignoring the disgust it leaves on his tongue.

“Hello.” This time, she accepts the offered hand with a smile. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet a lady like yourself.” He brings the hand to his lips, placing a kiss on it while maintaining eye contact.

She pulls away, as if burned and brushes the back of her hand behind her legs, rubbing the feeling of the man’s lips. It was that feeling, the feeling of the guys being nice to her, the ones that want something in return. Unlike the long haired beauty, this man gives her the chills.

“I apologize. Let me introduce myself. I’m the current owner of the mansion at the top of the hill. I share the name with a man who was previously the owner, so instead, please call me Junior. And may I know the name of the young lady?”

“Hello, I’m Sophie. I also go by Soomi.”

“Soomi…” Junior grins, his tongue running alone his lower lip. “That’s a pretty name.” He compliments, his grin widening.

The grin sends shivers up her spine. “T-thanks.” Turning to the other name, she decides to turn her attention away from the creepy mansion owner. “Sorry, but I never got your name. You even shared your food with me. It feels ungrateful of me to not know it.”

“I apologize. It’s my mistake.” He smiles warmly, his tension easing under her attention. “I go by the name Race. It’s a pleasure to meet your acquaintance.” Rave bows his head politely.

“Same here.” Soomi smiles widely at the knowledge of her savior’s name.

“Well, Now that we are acquainted…” Junior steps in between Rave and Soomi, extending a hand towards the mansion. “Shall we?”

Soomi nods her head with a smile, still feeling wary of the man. She takes a step forward and glances over to Rave, but Junior moves and blocks her view.

“Let’s go.”

Rave watches as Soomi resumes her hike upwards, concerned about her uncertain fate. Just as he’s about to take a step, a hand on his shoulder stops him.

“Listen, here. I don’t care what you do, but in the end, she’s my pretty. You can try as you might, but you will never stop me.” His lips curves up into a sneer. “Mark.”

Rave’s fist tightens at his side. That name… it brings back memories - memories that he thought has long been forgotten but only buried deep in the depths of his mind and heart. They were from a much happier time.

“So be a good boy and do as you’re told.” His eyes darkens and his voice goes low. “Or perhaps you would like for me to punish your friend for your disobedience and incompetence.”

“No, sir.” Rave bites his tongue, reminding himself to protect what little he has left. Everything else is obsolete and can be discarded.

“Junior?” Soomi calls out, noticing the tension between the two men.

“Present.” The charming smile reappears on his face and he hurries to her side. “I apologize for keeping you waiting. It’s unacceptable of me.”

Rave grips the strap of the camping bag, pulling it onto his shoulder. “That’s right. She’s not important. All that matters is…” He puts on an icy expression and follows after.

“Wow! It’s beautiful!” Soomi’s eyes light up at the interior design of the mansion’s lobby area. “It’s like a paradise in here!”

“I’m glad you like my humble mansion.”

“Mansion? It’s more like a castle!”

“Rave, go prepare the lady’s room.” Junior orders and takes Soomi’s hand. “Come, I shall give you a tour and show you to the dining room.”

Don’t leave me alone.

Rave shakes his head to rid himself of her pleading eyes. He hurries to one of the empty guest rooms, ignoring the blood red moon as he passes by the large glass windows to the gardens. He pushes the doors open quickly, leaving the luggage at the foot of the bed. He dashes out the door, closing it behind him and rushes down the hall. His breathing quickens and his visions swims. The dull pain in his head is amplifying. He wants to leave this particular area of the house. The location he was fond of years ago is now driving him crazy. His senses return in the form of a slam to the chest and a pained grunt.

“Oww…”

“Young master?” Rave drops down next to the fallen man, wrapping an arm around his cloaked figure. “Are you alright, young master? Are you injured? Please forgive my insolence. I should have been paying attention.”

The man places a boney hand over Rave’s. “My friend, please listen carefully to me and follow my orders.”

“I will listen and obey. Please, tell me how I can serve you, young master.”

“I can’t let you stay here at my expense.” He grips Rave’s hand tightly. “Run, Mark. Run away from here and save yourself.”

“What are you saying? How can I leave you here?”

“Mark, my dear friend. Look at me. I’m not the man you once knew. I’m old and dying. Leave this place and save yourself. I’m begging you.”

“I’m not leaving. If you stay, I stay.”

“Don’t be stupid with your blond loyalty.” He screams, his voice cracking. “I’m not worth it. I’m not worth your affections. I might have been worth it in the past, but not now, not ever. A monster like me don’t deserve to have your compassion.”

“You’re wroth it! You’re worth everything I gave up. Please. Please stay strong. You need to stay strong. I beg of you. Please…”

“Ra~ve~!” The chilling voice echoes from down the hall, sending uncontrollable shivers into their bones. Junior appears, his head cocked, eyes red, and with a smirk that reveals the sharp canines hidden behind unsuspecting lips.

Rave turns around, facing the man with his beloved young master hidden behind him.

“It hurts me that you call that weakling yore master.” The man purrs in delight at the two cowering men in front of him. “It’s me, Junior. I’m your friend, remember? We knew each other since we were kids.” His lips turns into a scowl, his red eyes glowing.

Rave’s hand flies to his head, growls at the unbearable pain. He presses his palms against his temples. It hurts, like hammers slamming into his head, like needles drilling into his skull. Pressure builds up in his chest and air is ripped out of his lungs.

“Stop, please. I’m begging you.” The cloaked figure drops to the floor, pleasing Junior. “I’ll do whatever you want. Just don’t hurt him.” Sobs wreck his body. “Please.”

“That’s heartwarming.” Junior scowls in disgust. “Too bad I don’t have one, a heart that is.” His eyes glows, its red matching the moon’s.

Rave throws his head back in pain, his scream filling the halls of the empty mansion. The back of his shirt rips and two large black wings burst out, sending feathers flying in hall.

“Mark!”

Soomi jumps, clenching her heart. The scream, the horrifying scream is causing her body to freeze. Someone was in pain, in trouble, in danger. “Rave?” The thought of the man in danger frightens her. She pushes herself away from the table, running down the hall. “Rave!” Her heart thumps, pumping adrenaline through her veins. “Rave, where are you?”

The house returns to its eerie silence. It was too quiet, as if…

She pauses, her body trembling. She falls against the glass windows, her breathe quickening. “I can’t hear anything.” Her breathing quickens, a pressure clogging in her chest. “I can’t hear anything.” She repeats, as if it wasn’t apparent the first time. Fear grips her body, sinking through her skin to her bones and her core. She turns her face to the windows next to her.

Why? Why is it so quiet? The trees are still. The irritating birds that didn’t leave her alone are no longer singing. The crickets that kept her up at night aren’t chirping. Everything is silent, still. The air is thick as if it has stopped moving, as if everything is at a standstill.

Her fear soars as she witnesses the sigh of a floating head, skin peeling, eyes gone, mouth opened, flying straight at her straight at her. Instead of moving away, her legs collapses under her, causing her to slam against the wall.

The head disappears as sudden as it appears.

She clenches her shirt, taking a deep breath. She jolts when a sound pierces through the tensed air. It took her a moment to realize it’s her ringtone. “Shi…” She pulls her phone out with trembling hands. “H-h-hello?”

“Sophie! Where are you?”

“Yuri? What’s wrong?”

Jung Yuri was her roommate and supposed to be her camping partner, but had twisted her ankle and thus had to wait in a nearby hotel until the trip was over.

“Thank goodness. I thought something happened to you.” She exhales deeply.

“You…you’re relieved. Why are you relieved?” Soomi’s heart thumps, her mind racing with the worse possibilities.

“I was so scared. I thought something happened to you.”

“Why? What happened?” She didn’t like how Yuri paused instead of answering immediately. It’s never anything good. “Yuri?” Fear creeps into .

“Where are you? Are you safe? What’s with your voice?”

“Y-yeah. I’m fine.” She inhales deeply. “I just scared myself because I thought I saw something. It’s quiet here so the loud ringtone didn’t help at all.”

“Listen very carefully and try not to freak out, okay? Just keep calm and…”

“Just tell me.” Soomi urges anxiously. The wait is making the news, whatever it is, harder for her. She scare herself from the anxiety alone.

“I saw the news and there was this report about some campers being attacked by something and died. No one knows what happened. People are saying things about a curse. Or how the forest is haunted and stuff.”

“What does that have to do with…?”

“Soomi, we are the only campers.”

“W-what do you mean?”

“Sunbae and the others are the only ones brave, or stupid, enough to come to this place. No one even dares to mention this place, much less go anywhere near here.” Yuri pauses, taking a deep breathe. “I can’t get in contact with them since yesterday and I’m worried.”

“That’s not possible! How is that possible?” Her thoughts soars, scrabble as they try to make sense of things.

“I don’t know! Sunbae called me just two hours before the news. I don’t know how it happened either. I’ve been trying to call you since then. He was telling me about this house in the woods and…”

“What house in the woods?” Soomi hopes and prays it isn’t…

“There’s this nice mansion with a young owner and his servant. Juri unnie said the servant is cute, but the owner is creepy. She wanted to leave, but Sunbae was saying how’s she’s overreaching and stuff.”

Soomi’s fingers grips the phone, her knuckles turning white. “T-this servant…what does he look like?”

“Hm, I don’t know. Unnie said he was cute and had long hair. And something about him looking like someone who walked straight out of a manhwa.”

Soomi covers to prevent the scream. The description fits… “I…I’ll call you later, Yuri. Just… There’s something I need to do, to confirm.”

“What? Soomi, wait!”

Soomi bites her lips, debating on leaving or to go find Rave. Yuri’s words are still bothering her. She turns on her browser app and searches for any news. An article captures her attention.

“Campers died mysteriously found to have ingested a strange type of maggot looking insects. There are evidence that points towards the consumption of said insects but no signs of a struggle. Authorities believe there is no foul play and the campers themselves had willing eaten them. The insects that miraculously survived being eaten and in turn fed on the campers from the inside. Scientist believe that the insects could have hitchhiked on the camper’s food or water supply and accidently consumed. Doctors are stumped at the existence of these insects or where they have come from. There is no information on these mysterious insects. Bug enthusiasts and entomologists are suggesting that they can be a mutated of some sort instead of a new species. Will this be the demise of the human race as we become food for a new type of insect?”

It’s not believable. Soomi knows that most of the camping unnies are terrified of bugs. They won’t eat something if they even suspect a bug to have gotten to it. Even if they are not, they won’t go around eating them. The bugs look too big to be accidentally eaten.

“Soo~mi~.”

She backs away from the direction of the voice.

“Soo~mi~!” The voice calls out again, louder and clearer.

“O-oppa?” She takes a step forward. “Oppa?” She notices a figure standing in the shade, recognizing him to be her sunbae and oppa from the camping club. “Oppa?” She stops a few feet from him. “What are you…?” Her body stiffens as the clouds move away from the moon, allowing her to see the man clearly.

The man in front of her is not the man she knows. Parts of his skin is peeling and flaking off. The skin on his left cheek pulled back, revealing his pulsing muscles. His teeth are uncovered and his chin has a chunk of flesh missing. The shirt is torn and hanging on his body like rags, revealing a once toned body, but now full of holes and worms crawling from one hole to another like a rotten apple. There are bruises and cuts on his skin, providing more entrances and exits.

“Soo~mi~.”

She pulls back from him, watching the pile of worms where his tongue should be. A scream escapes her lips and she backs up, staring at the hand reaching for her.

Covered in maggots, the hand stays in place, its fingers shrinking as they’re devoured. The arm breaks at the elbow and falls to the floor. The maggots fall from the arm and reveals a bloody mess of muscles.

Soomi covers and runs, dashing down the hall away from her sunbae, ignoring the chilling call of her name.

“Soomi~. Give me a kiss, Soomi.” The voice follows her, echoing in the long hall. “Don’t you like me anymore? All I want is a kiss. Come on, Soomi. Don’t be shy.”

She turns the corner and her stomach heaves, empting itself on the clean tile floor.

“That’s the matter?” The man pops up, inches away from her face. “I’m not good enough for you anymore?” His face is gone, devoured by the maggots living in the remains of his head. He lets out a laugh and his jaw falls, dropping the worms inside. “I’m not y enough for you?”

Soomi steps away from him and resumes her escape, running and searching blindly for an escape. She jumps with a scream at the loud rumble outside.

Thunder strikes near the window, lighting up the sky and forest.

Horror seizes her body, freezes her responses, and flues her to place.

Campers, hundreds of them, walks towards the window, all in similar states. Clothes torn, skin peeling, maggot infested limps nearly falling off, it look like a zombie apocalypse in one of Hollywood’s movies. Except, this isn’t a movie and they are real.

Soomi rushes off, ignoring the smacking of hands on the window. She runs right into a warm body, screams and thrashes her hands about.

“Soomi, what’s wrong?” Junior asks, his hand on her shaking shoulders. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” His lips tugs up into a smile. “Are you alright?”

Soomi turns, swinging her arm to point towards the windows. “I…they…”

There is nothing. No campers. No sunbae. Nothing. Just trees and rain clouds gathering in the sky. Everything is peaceful and strangely normal.

“How about some dinner? You must be famished.”

“I…I…” Disoriented, Soomi allows Junior to help her as she leans in him for support, her legs weak from running and fear.

Rave finishes setting the table as the door opens. The sight of Soomi’s pale skin worries him, but nearly not as much as Junior’s arm around her waist and a hand on her shoulder. He forces himself to relax with a deep breathe. There is only one person who’s important to him, and that’s his young master. No one else compares, but…

“Come, take a seat.” Junior pulls the chair out and helps Soomi in it. “Rave, bring the main course. Don’t starve our guest.”

Rave turns and heads out, presumable to the kitchen for the retrieval of dinner.

“I hope you like pasta.” Junior sits down at the other end of the twelve feet table. “I apologize for deciding the menu without you, but I wanted dinner to be read as soon as possible in order to not cause you to suffer hunger and wait for its preparation.”

“I-it’s fine. I’m okay with anything as long as it’s edible.”

Rave returns with dinner on a cart. He places Junior’s plate in front of him and pours the man a glass of wine, setting the glass on the table.

Soomi looks up as Rave sets a plate in front of her. “Thank you.”

He pulls out a cloth and covers Soomi’s lap, protecting her clothes from potential spills.

Soomi notices the slip of paper and reaches for it, flinching at the hand on her wrist. She looks up and meet’s Rave’s brown eyes.

Raven gestors with a slight movement of his head towards Junior, shaking his head with a soft ‘don’t’. He resumes his duties with the wine.

The message is clear to Soomi. The paper and its message is between the two of them. She unfolds the paper carefully as Rave reaches for her plate of seafood pasta.

Don’t eat the food.

The message is vague and confusing.

Soomi looks up to Rave again, her eyes immediately drawn to the delicious meal in front of her. She reaches for her utensils.

“Would you like some water?” Rave’s voice interrupts Soomi’s actions, cutting into her dazed state. He reaches for her empty glass. He can feel her eyes on him as he pours the water.

Her eyes catches a glint from Rave’s uniform. It’s a small mirror attached to the inside of his uniform coat. On it, she sees the reflection of her hands and the plate of… She feels queasy as bile rises to .

Don’t eat the food.

“Enjoy.” Rave bows and pulls away, taking the cart with him.

“How about a toast? To our chance of meeting.”

Soomi turns her eyes from Rave to Junior, who smiles at her with wine glass in the air. She glances from Junior to her own glass, unsure.

Don’t eat the food.

She hesitates, looking over carefully to Rave, silently asking for directions. Shivers goes up her spine in waves at the simple action of mouthing ‘don’t’.

“Soomi? Everything alright?”

“Huh? Yeah.” She lowers her hand into her lap, digging her nails into her fingers.

“Rave, you can go.” Junior dismisses the man with a scowl and a wave of his hand. The man was ruining his time with Soomi. “Don’t come back unless I call for you.”

“Yes, sir.” Rave bows and disappears through the door.

“Let’s continue, shall we?” Junior gestures with his wine glass again. “Soomi? Do you not like the wine?”

“I…I’m just not a drinker. I don’t really like the taste of alcohol.”

“Oh?”

“It’s okay since I’m allergic to the alcohol. I break out in rashes and my face gets puffy and red. It’s horrible.” She adds, panicking in hopes her story is accepted.

Junior’s initial surprise wears off quickly and his smile returns. “But a lovely woman like yourself would still be lovely even if you have a swollen face. I believe you would look simply marvelous, don’t you think?”

Soomi’s alarm rings loudly, figuratively. Her warning bell rings, sending the message to the rest of her body. ‘Run. Get up and run.’ It says, forcing the message to her unresponsive legs. ‘Hurry up and run. Run away.’

Junior’s smile widens as he walks closer. “What’s wrong, Soomi? Are you feeling unwell?” His smile gives a new meaning to the phrase ‘ear-splitting smile’ as it continues pass his lips, going across his cheek to his ears. His snake like tongue darts out, long and slender, like a snake itself.

“W-who are you?”

“Me? I’m Junior. Don’t you recognize me?” His canines grows longer, resembling more like a snake. “Or maybe you want to call me oppa instead. Soomi yah~.”

Soomi jolts up, shoving the chair to the ground. “That voice… How…?” It’s oppa’s voice, the voice from before.

“If you don’t like oppa…” Junior blinks, his eyes shifting into a red hue. “How about Juri unnie?” The voice changes, more feminine and belonging to another.

“Get away from me.” She grabs the nearest object and flings it at Junior.

The glass shatters on Junior’s head, the win drips down his face.

“You wench.” Junior’s personality changes and his eyes becomes sinister.

Suddenly, everything changes. The once beautiful mansion becomes cold, ugly, and covered in dust and cobwebs. The pasta becomes a plate of slimy worms and maggots, the same reflection Soomi saw moments ago. The water becomes brown and disgusting. The wine splattered on Junior’s head becomes…

“Soomi, I harvested this precious blood just for you. It’s not easy to find a human nice to donate. You shouldn’t’ waste such a delicacy. Think about the one who died for you.”

“You’re crazy! Monster!” She steps away and makes a sprint out the door.

Junior wipes the blood from his face, gliding his tongue up his fingers. “Delicious.” He heads over towards the door. “Where are you going, Soomi?”

Soomi dashes down the long hallway, her legs carrying her with the fear and adrenaline pumping in her bloodstream.

“Soomi~.”

“Soomi yah~.”

“Hoobae~.”

The voices of her camping club haunts after her, echoing of the walls and forcing her to run faster. They no longer feel as safe and warm as they had once been.

She reaches the end of the hall and shoves the door open.

A scream can be heard in the courtyard.

“W-what’s that?” The cloak man asks, leaning heavily on his companion.

“It’s nothing, young master. Let’s continue.” He knows where the voice is from and knows clearly that Soomi must have discovered the room where the Master keeps his exhibition of victims, or whatever is left of them. “Young master?” He frowns at the other’s unwillingness to move. “Is something the matter?”

“What did you do?” The man questions with a trembling voice, full of accusations. “What have you done?” He howls, his cloak hood falling from his head. His boney fingers wraps around the other’s shirt.

Lightning sparks overhead, showing the man’s disfigured face, his skin uneven and growing abnormally from the effects of a serious burn.

“Tell me. Tell me, Mark. What have you done?” A thought triggers a memory. “Did you… Did you bring him someone?”

“I’m sorry.” Mark forces out. “I was bringing her over to meet you, but he found out and… I’m sorry. I was careless. I should have paid more attention and…”

“No.” He releases his grip on Rave’s shirt. “It’s not your fault. It’s mine.”

“Young master, it’s not true. I’m the careless one.”

“I wanted to meet her. You were right. She was close to town and could have been spared. I was carless and a fool. My desire to meet her killed her.” He drops to the ground, his fingers clenched together.

“Young master.” Rave wraps his arm around his shoulder, pulling him up. “We have to go. If we don’t, we’ll be caught again.”

“Leave me alone.”

“Young master.” Rave places a hand on the other’s face affectionately. “Jinyoung-ah.”

Light flickers in his dull eyes and he lifts his head to look at his friend. “Mark?”

He bites his lips at the hopelessness in Jinyoung’s voice, trying not to cry. “It’s okay. She’ll be fine.” He urges with a smile. “She didn’t eat.” He knows the both of them understands the full meaning and implication of the simple sentence. “If she can outrun him, if she can leave the forest, she’ll survive. She’ll survive and we’ll be free. We’ll all win. We’ll all survive.”

 “R-really? You’re not lying to me?” Jinyoung clings to Rave like a lost child.

“Of course not, Jinyoung. You’re my friend and young master. I would never betray you.” He leans in, placing his forehead against the others’. “Why would I lie to you? Have I given you a reason to not trust me?”

“N-no, you haven’t.”

“Let’s hurry then.” Rave pulls the hood back onto Jinyoung’s head, tugging the dangerously light man to his feet. “Morning will come soon and we have to hurry. This is our only chance. We have to escape.”

Soomi forces her way into the trees, throwing herself inside the escape. The branches tug and scratch her arms, but she doesn’t care. She can’t be another decoration in that house, in that room full of the stench of decaying corpses. There’s nothing more important than getting far away. There is only one thing on her mind. Run. Escape. Survive.

“SOOMI!” The roar sends a gust of wind up from behind.

The tree branches bends from the strong wind. Some snaps while others lose their leaves. Birds perched on branches are blown and ruffled. Some are send tumbling off.

“SOOMI!” Junior’s voice booms again. “How dare you defy me? Soomi!”

She hurries, pushing herself up after the fall. She stares ahead, not knowing where she’s heading or what’s in front of her. She knows nothing else except run, escape, survive.

In a flash, Junior appears in the spot Soomi occupied moments ago. He growls in irritation. “How dare that wench?” His eyes glow and the wind picks up again. “You belong to me, Soomi. You’re mine.” He disappears in a blink of an eye.

Her lungs burn and her legs ache, but she can’t stop. She trips and tumbles over her feet, rolling through the bushes and down a slope. She stops in the middle of a clearing near a river. Pain shoots up her leg. Her ankle is red and swollen. She whimpers and pushes herself back with her uninjured feet as Junior appears before her.

“Where you going, Soomi?” He steps closer, a satisfied smile on his face.

“Stay away. Get away from me.” She backs up.

“What do you mean? I won’t hurt you.”

“Stay away.”

“Come her and we’ll…”

A shriek and they were on him like a pack of hyenas.

“Get off!” Junior screams as he tries to bat the ravens away. “You wretched pests!” He manages to grab one and hurls it into the ground.

The raven hits the ground hard and disappears in a cloud of black feathers.

“You vile creatures!” Junior flings his arms and hisses. A gust of wind blows the ravens away, causing them to disappear into feathers. He growls and reaches for the escaping Soomi’s leg, pulling her back. “Where do you think you’re going? You’re mine!”

“Please, don’t hurt me.”

“Don’t’ worry. I’ll take care of you and love you.” His menacing grin offers no comfort. “For all~ eternity.” He dives down to her neck.

“NO!”

A loud bang echoes, ringing in waves.

Junior stares down at Soomi in disbelief. His body flinches as another bang echoes. “Soo-Soomi.” He reaches a shaky hand to her face. “I-I’m sorry. Please forgive me.” His smile is, for once, gentle and full of love. “I love you.” He disappears in a burst of black feathers.

Goodbye.

She watches as the feathers disperse and fade, wondering what had made the man so…loving. It’s different from what she’s used to. Perhaps…he was once loving.

“You alright there, young lady?” A man hurriedly approaches her, helping her up with a firm pull. “You look pretty shaken up.”

“Yeah, I’m okay.”

The man looks up to where the feathers once were. “What was that?”

“I…don’t know.” She exhales a smile tugging her lips up. How can she begin to explain? When she doesn’t fully understand it herself? “A nightmare…perhaps.”

“I’m glad you’re okay.” The man pulls out his phone. “I’ll call ahead to the hospital to let them know you’re going. It’s best to get checked, you know?”

A flash of white catches her eyes and she finds the familiar outline of Rave in the shadows of the trees. A sense of comfort washes over her.

The man walks over to her once again. “It’s a good thing you’re not hurt. I heard a scream and a gunshot and feared for the worse.”

“What?”

“A gun shot, didn’t you hear?”

She glances over to the trees again. “I must have been too scared to hear it.”

“I don’t blame you. These parts are haunted. Let’s hurry on out of here before something creepy happens. This place gives me goosebumps.”

The object in his hand drops, turning back into a long branch. He turns and heads back into the darkness. “Goodbye, Soomi.”

------------------

“Alright, you’re set to go.” The nurse smiles fondly at Soomi. “Are you happy to final get out of here after two weeks?”

“Yeah.” Soomi sighs, feeling a heavy pressure on her shoulders. “Two weeks, huh?” Despite the rest in the hospital, she still feels drained and exhausted.

“Yeah. You came in dehydrated and malnutrition. It’s a miracle you survive with all the walking without food for three days.” The nurse gathers the medical supplies from Soomi’s final checkup and smiles. “I can’t imagine what you went through.”

“It was a nightmare, that’s all.”

The nurse stands and prepares to leave. “Well, at least it’s over.”

“I know.”

“Take care.”

“Bye.” Soomi grabs her bag and heads towards the door. Her phone rings and she pulls it out. “Hello?” She smiles and nods her head at the nurses as she leaves, bidding them goodbye. “Hello? Anyone there?” She frowns and just as the phone leaves her ear, she hears it.

“Soo~mi~.”

 

 

 


Words: 10,247

Pages: 25

Dates: 24 October 2015 - 29 October 2015

I can't really do scary so I hope this is okay. I know only towards the end that it's creepy and scary. Tell me what you think anyways, okay? I'm kind curious about Mark and Jinyoung's story now, and how Junior came to be. If you have questions, feel free to put them in the comments belong. I'll answer anything you have for me.

Next Chapter: House of Horrors, staring BAP (something cute to help ease my poor heart from the fear)