shores

Song of the Sea

 

Sehun is six years old.  And he is crying. 

 

He fell from his bike.  His knees are bleeding.  The training wheels are bent and dented.  He wants to go home.  But he can’t walk.  And he is afraid his daddy and mommy will get angry at him for breaking the bicycle they have just bought for him for his birthday.

 

He is sitting on the beach, hands covering his eyes as he sobs.  Sands scratch his elbows and legs.  Waves wetting his shoes and socks as it comes ashore.  His breaths hitch as tears keep trailing down his reddened cheeks.

 

There is a boy coming out of nowhere.

 

He stands a few feet in front of him.  His legs drowned in the water up to his knees.

 

He is about the same age with Sehun.  His hair is white.  With a little shade of gray.  His skin is beige. 

 

The boy is staring at Sehun while he cries.  Then he bends down to scoop something from the water. 

 

He runs to Sehun, and puts a handful of seashells on his lap.  There are so many colors.  Red, orange, yellow.

 

The boy runs back to the sea again, and comes with his arms full of starfish, pouring it on Sehun’s lap.  It’s like a big family of starfish, there are small ones and big ones.  Some are so tiny like babies.

 

He runs back to the sea again, this time he brings clams and sea urchins, he spills it on Sehun’s lap again.

 

Now Sehun’s legs are buried with the things the boy brought for him from the sea.  And he has stopped crying.

 

But the boy doesn’t seem to be satisfied.

 

He runs again to the sea, further this time.  His hands are full with sparkling pebbles.  It’s sea glasses.  Violet.  Indigo.  Green.

 

Blue.

 

The boy sits in front of him.  He tangles the sea glasses to Sehun’s hair.  Against his dark hair, the sea glasses look like stars.

 

He has brought both the sea and the sky for Sehun.

 

Sehun smiles.  The boy stares at Sehun for a while.  Then he smiles back. 

 

His smile reminds Sehun of sunrise.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

The boy opens his mouth to answer.  But there is no voice coming out.  He is quiet for a while, then he holds out his hand, asking for Sehun’s.

 

Sehun gives his hand.  The boy takes it and writes a name with his finger on his palm.

 

“Jongin.”

 

 

 

"When the clock strikes thirteen, the sea will bless you with eternity

So stop crying, for there is no more thing you should fear about."

 

 

 


A/N:

Hola! \(OuO)/ Oh my, I finally completed a story after a veeery long time.  The idea for this story came when I was drafting for Alohomora, when I stumbled upon this beautiful short animation.  And I think Sehun and Kai would fit the plot (owell I think they fit any kind of story because omgasdfghjkl its sekai were talking about with all the fluff and the *cough*unsolved*cough*) and tadaah it's finished!

I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.  And I forever feel insecure about my English so pardon any kind of grammatical mistake juseyo ;;__;;  Comments are always welcomed.  Have a great day! *showers each of you with seashells and starfishes* ^ ^)/