To Romeo’s warm voice

Fairy Dream

Yunsung has always dreamt of being a fairy. All his friends have already got their wings, even baby Kangmin, and they were having fun together playing in the branches of the Magic Oak or flying to the Forbidden Valley. Yunsung watched them sadly from the ground and envied secretly for having flocks of pretty fairy fans who accidentally found themselves somewhere nearby and whispered loudly discussing the luxurious wings of Hyunkyung, the delicate refined wings of Milo or the bright lemon yellow wings of Kangmin.

With such thoughts Yunsung sighed again and made a firm decision to consult director. Director was a wise fairy and could give a valuable piece of advice.

- You should know, young man, that for each fairy talents are revealed at the right time, - started director in a mentor-like tone. – We might help, but do you believe such a rush would be beneficial?
- But what if… I stay wingless forever? – whispered Yunsung and closed his face with his hands in fear.
- My dear boy, - director tapped Yunsung on the shoulder to cheer him up. – You are special, it is not for nothing that I have chosen you along with the others. There is no need to worry, rest sure that by Dream concert you will have the most beautiful wings in the group and at the ball you will invite the prettiest fairy to a dance.

Yunsung looked up at the director with his eyes full of hope, and director added confidently:
- Well, if this matter requires my help, I will be happy to make some arrangements.
- Really? – full of joy, Yunsung rushed to embrace director who got puzzled at first, but soon convinced himself that it was time to get used to this passionate young man.

Director kept his word, and right before the debut Yunsung, being the main vocalist, got a chance to perform onstage. Yunsung had never felt so nervous in his life: it’s no joke to sing in front of so many fairies!

In fact, the hall was overcrowded: there were dignified senior fairies with their families, and giggly shy students, and of course Yunsung’s parents and friends gathered from all over the valley to support him.

Yunsung was thrilled and fascinated at the same time. He even thought that his heart would betray him.

Overwhelmed with emotions, he swallowed hard and nodded to the accompanist. At first his voice sounded shy, even embarrassed, but it got stronger and soon was flowing like a pure stream, charming the audience and evoking their hearts. There were no fears and worries any more, Yunsung was happy and felt unusual lightness which made him sing even more beautifully.

All of a sudden, he noticed that his feet were not touching the ground, and behind his back unfolded real, so long-awaited wings.

- Mom! – exclaimed the happy Yunsung. - Do you see? I’m flying! Mom, I can’t fly!

Full of joy, Yunsung rolled over in the air and landed graciously. He was standing at the stage and enjoying the most treasured sounds in the world – applause of his audience.