Final

IT IS HUGE

It was a lazy Saturday night, warmer than usual but pleasant nonetheless.

Seokjin stretched, cracking a few knots in his shoulders due to straining his body in front of the computer for the whole evening. He yawned, deciding to call it a day, and stood up to retrieve his towel.

It was comfortably quiet in Bangtan’s dorm, the younger ones having went back to their hometowns for Chuseok. Only Seokjin and Namjoon were the pitiful ones left, as Namjoon had some wrapping up to do for their upcoming album and Seokjin’s family went overseas for the holiday.

Flicking on the light switch of the shared bathroom of the dorm, Seokjin padded into the small space. The second he turned around to shut the door, he froze.

“WWWAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

The loud scream startled Namjoon who was sleeping in the next room, seeing that the dorm wasn’t really soundproof and how loud the scream was. Namjoon jumped up from his hazy half-asleep state and ran out to check on what happened.

“Hyung?” Namjoon said, voice laced with sleep and worry. He looked around and saw light in the bathroom, then decided to go over and check.

The door wasn’t locked, so Namjoon pushed it open.

There Seokjin was, cowering against the wall where the floor was elevated for the shower, with his crumpled up towel held onto his chest as if for dear life. Seokjin pointed a trembling finger towards the doorway where Namjoon poked his head in and yelled,

“IT IS HUGE!!!!”

Namjoon furrowed his brows in confusion, then he turned his head to where Seokjin was pointing to. He flinched.

At the frame of the bathroom door, was a cockroach.

A cockroach the size of an iPhone 4.

“OH MY GOD OH MY GOD KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT PLEASE!!!!” Seokjin was basically between laughing, pleading and crying at the same time. His limbs trembled and tears welled up in his eyes, not sure if it was from laughing or being afraid.

Namjoon had heard of Seokjin mentioning that he had a fear of bugs, especially cockroaches and spiders. But seeing his hyung being this scared was a first.

“Aigo….” At that moment, Namjoon holds pride that he had never been afraid of cockroaches. “It’s just a cockroach, hyung.” A small chuckle escaped his lips no matter how sorry he felt for Seokjin.

“IT’S DISGUSTING GET IT AWAY PLEASE NAMJOON I BEG YOU~”

Seems like the eldest hyung had resorted to aegyo to make Namjoon help him, as Namjoon detected the nasal tone Seokjin had unintentionally added into his pleading.

So cute.

“Okay, hyung calm down!” Namjoon locked his eyes onto the gigantic intruder, gesturing to Seokjin, “Just throw me a slipper.”

Seokjin loosened one of the slippers on his feet and flung it over to their group leader, face cringing when he accidentally glanced at the disgusting, bristling feelers of the insect.

With a loud whack, the bug was squirming on the floor on its back, unable to get up.

Namjoon picked it up by one of its feelers and threw it into the toilet bowl, then proceeded to wash his hands.

“Thank goodness!” Seokjin was half laughing, half cringing, “That thing was HUGE!!” He shuddered in disgust, looking down the toilet bowl where the little guy was still squirming on the surface of the water.

Namjoon laughed, walking out of the bathroom and giving Seokjin the privacy to wash up. Is it weird that he finds his hyung so cute getting scared by a cockroach?

From the closed bathroom door Namjoon could hear the words,

“Bye cockroach.” It was Seokjin’s voice, accompanied by the sound of the toilet flushing.

So cute.


After the cockroach incident, Namjoon was too awake to go back to sleep. He decided to just stay up and work on his songs and lyrics.

Then he heard another burst of laughter come from outside his room.

A while later, Seokjin barged into the room dying of laughter as he tumbled onto Namjoon’s bed.

He was laughing and laughing that Namjoon couldn’t resist smiling either.

“Hyung, what… what…?” Namjoon couldn’t finish his sentence without laughing with Seokjin, who was already red in the face.

After Seokjin calmed down a little, Namjoon sat himself down onto his bed beside his loveable hyung, gesturing him to tell him what happened. Namjoon had always loved to hear Seokjin talk. The elder always had a way of making stories sound intriguing.

“So after I calmed down from getting scared of the cockroach, I just went on with my routine. I took out my toothbrush and toothpaste from the hanging compartment attached to the mirror, when I saw something weird. Something greyish-white was sticking out from the side of the plastic compartment, something like small feet or toes. When I looked closer, it was a house gecko! You know, the kind that looks like a small lizard and eats flies and bugs and have sticky paddings on their feet so they could crawl over all kinds of surfaces?” Seokjin went on and on, so excited he barely stopped for breath.

Namjoon nodded, his own face almost splitting in half for beaming at the excited man, gesturing wildly and laughing like a child.

“So this little guy was holding onto the compartment for dear life staring at me with his round startled eyes, and he was SO CUTE!! You could just imagine someone latching sneakily to the side of a rounded pillar, and when their cover got blown their eyes would go wide like ‘OH ’ I tell you it looked exactly the same!!” Seokjin finally paused, alternating breaths between laughs and tears were trickling down his eyes from all the laughing.

Namjoon laughed along, amused at the story but not at all surprised at the elder’s exaggerated storytelling and lively imagination.

“Me and the little guy looked each other into the eye for like two seconds when I finally realized he was there, and I was like ‘so cute~’ then I poked him with the tip of the toothpaste I was holding.” Seokjin mimicked the action and Namjoon’s inner self curled with affection for the elder. “After getting poked, the little guy let go of the compartment trying to escape, but he got stuck on the broomstick hanging beside the basin. I poked him again, and he plopped to the floor. I guess it was dinner time and the little guy was hungry for some delicious cockroach. *shudders* Well not until I came in and ruined dinner for him, flushing his food down the toilet. Imagine how sad he would be, going one night without dinner and even getting his cover blown.” Seokjin feigned pity for the gecko and laughed again, proceeding to plop down on the mattress tired from all the laughing.

Namjoon couldn’t stop smiling. It was one of the best things he loved to do, listening to his beloved hyung babble away on a funny story. Well anything could do, funny story, sad story, happy story, as long as it was Seokjin.

“Just look at you, hyung,” Namjoon chuckled, extending both his hands to lightly squeeze Seokjin’s cheeks, then using his thumbs to wipe away the tears trickling from those beautiful eyes.

Seokjin giggled, pulling Namjoon down and planting a kiss on his lips. Oh, how he loved to see the younger’s dimples when he smiled. Namjoon blushed furiously, earning another adorable giggle from Seokjin.

“You’re so cute, Namjoon-ah.”

“You too, hyung.”


*vomits from all the sickly sweetness*

*vomits from the cockroach scene*

*vomits about generally everything in this oneshot*

Well guys there you have it, a fic inspired by the real event that had me screaming in the bathroom about a GIGANTIC cockroach and squealing over a cute gecko XP

Hope you enjoyed this drabble-ish story and tell me if you want more of sickly sweet stuff like this ^.^