Shall We Dance?

Shall We Dance?

Listen while you read!

Love Equation- VIXX

Play Me- Taemin

Ace- Taemin

She's Mine- UKISS

"Wow, it sounds so... nostalgic!"

you reads the invitation in her hand as she sits on her couch.

"What is it?" asks her roommate.

"It's like a ball." you responds. "It's almost like Cinderella!"

You are invited to attend the Love Under the Moon Dance!

We cordially invite you to attend this dance, a charity towards cancer research.

And a gift to you, may you find a friend, and a companion!

xx/yy/zzzz

Brought to you by the Research Fund.

"Wow," her roommate responds. "Are you gonna go?"

 

 

you frowns. "I don't think I can. Lewis, remember?."

"Forget Lewis! He's nothing anyways. Besides, if you won't be looking for a date, at least meet someone for me. I got work." Her roommate gets up and leaves.

What will I wear? The memo is... Cinderella themed? Do I wear rags or a gown?

Being broke, you goes to her room to look for what she could wear.

Maybe I could tailor this? you looks at the long, blue dress. She also finds long white gloves and some silky fabric. Yes, this is perfect!

She quickly sketches her outfit. A long, blue gown, sleeveless. A shere, white jacket to match. There's one in the closet. The long, white, silky gloves. And she could sew the blue and white silk into ribbons, for her dress and her hair.

For jewelry, white gold studs would do. Maybe a choker. Nothing more.

And so she's off to sewing

While sewing, she wonders how it would look. Everyone would be so shiny and golden! Everything would be polished and perfect. there will be chapagne, there would be dancing!

She imagined herself inviting Lewis. He'd fit the event perfectly, if he could fit it into his schedule. But he was so married to his work.

She won't bother asking because she won't like being rejected for the trillionth time. Best to go alone.

 

 

It's the day of the ball... or whatever it is. And you doesn't even know what to do.

She hadn't even gone to the right entrance when she arrived!

But being escorted there, she enters the building, and feels relieved that she actually did know what was going on.

Everything is very Cinderella~esque.

The way everyone is dressed, drinking champagne, dancing.

The weird thing is that when she walks in, you quickly becomes the center of attention. She has no idea why.

Her dress, although not meant for casual events, doesn't really seem formal enough. She had little time to apply her makeup, and she's... well, she's just average.

She looks at herself, looking for mistakes in her stiches. Working as a seamstress for two years doesn't mean mistakes are impossible.

Then a man, a very handsome man, slowly makes his way towards her. He offers his hand for a shake. "Hello. My name is Kim Jongin. Who are you?"

"H-hello. My name is you."

Jongin smiles, and kisses her hand. Gasps escape the mouths of the guests. "Welcome. Would you like some hor d'oeuvres? Champagne?"

He leads her to the table of appetizers. In an effort not to be a pig in front of the world, you say. "It's fine, I've eaten already."

Jongin smiles. "Have we met before?"

"I'm not sure."

Of course she's sure. How could she forget a face, a body, a voice like his?

"Hmm. I think I know. Maybe this will jog your memory."

He takes jer gloved hand and whispers in her ear, "Shall we dance?"

And she has no choice. She's swept up, and soon their feet are moving in unison. They dance, such a familiar dance. They are the spotlight of the night.

Right when Jongin dips  you, he says, "Do you remember now?"

Of course you remembers. She had won a free cruise the previous summer, and it took her to Rio, where she met Jongin. They danced. And She thought she had fallen in love. But it was only a chance encounter. She hadn't even known his name.

But now she knows. "Are you from here."

"Yes." Jongin lifts her up, his hands glued to her waist.

"So, we can keep in touch?"

Jongin laughs at you's casualty at such a formal event. you's nervousness, and excitement. He puts a hand on a cheek.

He closes his eyes, and leans in close, and whispers, "Now I'll never let you go."

And her heart skips two beats.

How do I breath?

And he never let's her hand go. He even makes her feel comfortable enough to eat as much as she pleased.

 

The event is over, but Jongin decides to take you to her house. And refuses to let go of her hand.

"Well, this is it."

They stand face to face and just smile at each other.

Gosh, I look ridiculous.

As if he has mind reading powers, Jongin says, "Your very beautiful."

She doesn't even know how to respond, because she really thinks she's going to faint.

She must have. Or something, because Jongin has to catch her or something.

"Let me take you inside."

She lets Jongin take her in the house, and he lays her on the couch. 

He goes, and comes back with a cup of water, which he holds to her lips.

She sits up after taking a sip. "I'm fine, really."

I'm such a fool. Why would I do something like that? How could I just faint?!

Jongin sweeps the hair out of her face, and smiles while saying. "Don't worry, I'll take care of you."

 

 

you has no choice but to let him take care of her until he leaves.

 

Jongin arrives at you's house as he has for weeks now. He still has the same charm, the same seductivity he had in Rio, and you isn't so sure she'll ever get over it.

Today, he arrives, and they drink tea together, talking about the dreams they have for the future. you has a milion dreams. Fashion, cooking, music. Jongin can always count on her to bring up a new interest everyday.

However, he's always talking about choreography. He starts off everyday, continuing with what he left off with before. Today, he talks about how he one day he wishes to own a school of dance, and everyone around the world would enter.

"Wow, you'll become rich."

Jongin laughed, that laugh that always kills you. "No, no. I want it to be free. I wanna help kids that feel like they have nowhere to go to be themselves to come here and build their confidence.

And at that moment, seeing the passion for this dream in Jongin's eyes, you thinks she has fallen in love.

Then there is a knock on the back door.

"you!"

Aigoo...

 

 

you~ah! Ya, open up!"

"Who is that?" Jongin looks concerned.

"It's my so-called boyfriend. But he hasn't called me for weeks. He thinks he's all high up, or whatever," and raising her voice for Lewis to hear her, "But he's nothin but a low life!"

The knocking continues. "you, come on!! Lemme in, I'm sorry and I wanna talk."

Jongin smiles, and lifts a finger to say, "Just a moment." Before you can stop him, he gets up to open the door.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Lewis, you's boyfriend. Who do you think you are?"

"I'm Jongin, you's Prince Charming. I don't think she's interested in you anymore so shoo-shoo." Jongin begins to kick Lewis's feet until he's out of the doorway, and shuts the door.

Not even a second before Jongin can sit down, the knocking starts back up again.

He sighs. 'Let's go out instead."

"Sounds like a good idea."

He sticks out his shaking hand. Just flat out, at this moment he says, "Is it okay if we are a couple?"

Bubbly, you takes it and jumps up. "Aren't we already?"

Jongin's smile lights up his face, and puts his hand on hers. "Shall we go dancing, my darling?"

"Of course, wherever you like, my prince."

And they walk out, leaving Lewis behind to continuously knock on the door as they dance to their future.

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, it's bad, I know. But that's okay XD