Final

Love is the greatest magic

"Honey... are you really sure about this?" Youngjae asked his husband who was helping him change his clothes.

"Yes dear... I think I can pull this off.. we practiced remember?.. why do you doubt me?" 
Daehyun reasoned back.. he wasn't exactly liking the way
Youngjae was doubting him.

Youngjae looked at him with unreadable eyes.

"Are... Are you scared?" Daehyun reluctantly said. It wasn't like Youngjae to be afraid of things like this. After all, they have practiced a million times before this night.

"Yes... Yes I am.." The younger honestly answered back.

"Youngjae... I'm not going to cut your forehead for real... it's just going to be an illusion for the  cro-"

"No...I'm not afraid of that... you said it, remember? We practiced a lot... and I'm most terribly sure you would never cut me for real... You love me too much to do that" Daehyun rolled his eyes at this though he knew it was absolutely true "What I'm afraid about is that when you go up that stage with me and perform the act, the people wont like it because they've probably seen it a million times and then they start to shun you... If they do that... You'll be broken... and I don't know Daehyun... I just can't stand you like that..." 
He caressed his lover's hair in a gentle manner and looked at him straight in the eyes, trying to find a single drop of doubt in them.. but all he found was the looks of pure determination.

"It's okay Youngjae... if they like me... I'll walk home with my lovely husband and prepare the grandest dinner I could ever give him... If they don't like me... I'll still walk home with my lovely husband and prepare that grandest dinner that he deserves..." Daehyun gently buttoned Youngjae's black vest that teasingly revealed his y collar bones. The thought that he knew he was wearing nothing underneath the vest drove Daehyun's head wild. The cursed matching shorts were a mind wrecker as well. They only covered half of his husband's milky thighs and it tempted him to just bail and go home to dive in to them... but maybe he had to place that in the right time because right now, he had a dream to accomplish.

"Alright baby... I trust your word... just don't cry when you disappoint yourself, okay? You know I hate that..."

"Yes" answered Daehyun as he finished tying Youngjae's bow loosely around his neck, just to make sure it wouldn't make the latter uncomfortable. 
He looked up at his husband in his final outfit and his mouth started to water... it was like falling in love all over again...

"Beautiful. Just beautiful..." Daehyun complimented and chuckled as to see a light blush forming on Youngjae's chubby cheeks.

He couldn't resist it anymore, so he just went and kissed Youngjae flat on the lips passionately. Youngjae's kisses always gave him strength anyway, so there was no reason to avoid them and their shining glory.

"Do care to tell the crowd you're taken... I don't want them to ogle at someone that's mine..."

Youngjae held his hand lovingly in response before he led them to the backstage.

"I wouldn't dream of it.."

The show was going to start in a matter of minutes and Daehyun felt his confidence from before disintegrate in to the air.

"Alright, Daehyun.. You can do this! You can do it! You can- You can't! I can't do this!!" He halfly yelled at himself, totally forgetting Youngjae was staring from beside him.

"Daehyun hon... You gotta calm down..." with his slender and delicate fingers, he gave Daehyun's shoulder a tight squeeze.. he didn't want the elder to believe he was alone in this.
And it wasn't like the other to freak out at night of the show... usually he'd be very calm and collected before performing.. well at least he is before singing.. guess magic shows were a different story.

" You shouldn't force yourself though.. I'm not saying I don't support you..but I just don't think magic shows are your thing.." Youngjae commented, disliking how his husband was all but calm.

"I don't know Youngjae... It's always been a dream of mine to do magic.. but I'm second guessing myself right now... I don't like how I'm so anxious about this." He sadly looked down and tried questioning how he ever thought it would work out. Hearing the speaker calling for him to go up stage wasn't any help either.
"How about this... after this show, you get to decide whether you're going to pursue or not... If you are then I am a hundred percent on board with you... if you won't then I'll still be a hundred percent with you.." 
His hands made small circles around the other's back. It was his way to get his husband to loosen up a bit... but it seems as though it wont be working in this type of situation.

"I'd like that.." He finally looked up to see Youngjae beaming a smile at him.

"That's my DaeDae... now go up there and kill the stage! " he gave his husband one last peck on the lips before he pushed him forward up the stage.

Daehyun gulped nervously at the expectant crowd. He was just going to be an intro for the show to advertise him as an amateur... Though it seemed like a light job, he had to make a good impression to the crowd for the following performers. And that was not an easy job.

"Good Evening ladies and gents! Welcome to matoki stage starz! I'm Jung Daehyun! Your opening act!" He silently cursed at how shaky his voice was. The crowd applauded nonetheless... Daehyun thinks it was just out of politeness.

"Today I'm going to show you how I'll cut my lover's forehead with a chainsaw!" 
He loudly proclaimed and wished to every entity out there to make him sound a little less lame.

"Show us something we haven't seen before!" A rude guy from the crowd shouted followed by other rude comments from other people. Great. Just great. The show hasn't even started yet and he's already a failure.

He looked over to the side of the stage, hoping someone would magically save him, only to meet Youngjae's beautiful eye smile that urged him to go on. 'Don't mind them! You can do it!' He mouthed.

"It's time to welcome my ever so sweet assistant! Please give a hand for Youngjae!!" 
When Youngjae set foot in the stage the crowd was flabbergasted and started whistling. 
"Ain't he a beauty?" Daehyun smiled sheepishly at how lovely Youngjae looked just now. Makes him question why the fluffy brat chose him instead of all the other hot guys uo for grabs out there.

"Now I'd like to grind up that !" The same guy from before had shouted. Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows and gave an adorable angry pout before he but a hand around his but to cover it from the hungry eyes lurking in the crowd. This however only energized the crowd more.

"Now Now folks, I know Youngjae's a beauty but take note, he's taken.." Daehyun ever so gently took a hold of Youngjae's slim waist before slowly helping him up to go inside the box. He could only smirk at the crowd's disappointing 'Awwwwws' after his last comment.

Seeing Youngjae laying flat in the box however made him feel uneasy. It was like he was really starting to doubt if he can pull this off. Not to mention they were really using a real chainsaw for the act. Noticing his unsure face, Youngjae had the initiative to give his usual supporting smile and mouthing a sweet 'I trust you' at his disoriented husband.

Daehyun smiled back, and with a clear of his throat he signaled a start.

Youngjae saw the other assistants blind fold his husband the opaque black hanky. He was really sure no one could see through that. When it was time, the assistants sealed the box and there went his cue.

When he heard the chainsaw roar, he swiftly got into action and tried to bend down to unlock the secret compartment hidden in the box. 
His throat suddenly went dry 
As his hands touched no lock. The compartment had been locked from the other side of the box and he had no where to bend to. 
He screamed and shaked for help but he knew the crowd would think it was all part of the act. 
He desperately shouted Daehyun's name in despair as he saw the chainsaw's blade penetrate the box's led, 4 inches above his forehead.

"Daehyun stop! Daehyun please!!" He screamed to the top of his lungs and tried to knock on the box, hoping the hard vibration and sound would make his husband realize that it was all going completely wrong.

Daehyun heard a small sound of plea and some loud knocks before he turned the chainsaw's power off and took the blind fold down.

"That wasn't suppose to happen.." he muttered softly and looked at the crowd's confused faces.

The knocks continued and he quickly opened the box in the state of panic and fear.

He was unexpectedly engulfed into a tight hug by non other than his loving husband who surprisingly had his front bangs cut off.

"I was so scared!" Youngjae burried his face in his surprised husband's now wet shoulder.

"I-I thought I was going to die!" He screamed out as he choked on his own tears.

Daehyun's eyes stayed wide as he felt like he had lost his voice. He could feel Youngjae's heart palpitating so hard under his uncurled finger tips. And he doubt his own wasn't doing the same, seeing as its loud beats ranged so fast in his ears they might as well be a school's new lunch bell.

He had almost killed the person he loved the most.

His eyes never seemed to blink anymore. He hadn't noticed they were leaking with tears until he felt something warm drop to his cheek. He finally responded to Youngjae's tight embrace and gave him a tenderly hard kiss on the forehead before lifting the latter out of the godforsaken box and carrying him away with his strong arms.

"Ladies and gentlemen... This has been Jung Daehyun and his lovely assistant Youngjae, in their very first... and last performance... do enjoy the rest of the show and have a good night... sorry for the trouble..."

And there he dropped the microphone and carried Youngjae with both of his hands away from the stage. 
 

"What are you doing? You can't just leave like that!" The manager had scolded Daehyun who had his still shaking lover tightly secured in his arms.

"We're going home." He strictly said and watched as his manager's face scrunched up in distaste.

" You can't do that! The crowd's expecting a show! If you leave then you're not allowed to co-"

"I don't care if you band me from ever entering another performance, heck I don't even care if you band me from entering this godforsaken place! That box didn't have a lock on Youngjae's side! I almost killed him because of that! And all you care about is the crowd's thoughts about the show?! Go fck yourself. We're leaving."

The manager didn't have time to respond before Daehyun left his sight. 

"Baby I'm sorry for almost killing you...I never would have forgiven myself if I had done it for real " Daehyun frustratingly wiped his tears away as he stared straight at Youngjae who was now a bit calm and leaning against the car's window.

"It's okay dear... it didn't happen, and I'm all in one piece!" Youngjae tried to at least brighten the atmosphere a bit. Daehyun had been crying for almost half an hour now and they haven't even started the car.

"I almost lost you to my own hands!" He stared at his shaking hands and watched as Youngjae lovingly took and caressed on of them.

"I'm fine now, Daehyun... I know you never intended for it to happen... no one could have possibly guessed the lock was on the other side.. anyway.. nothing happened.. it's alright.."

He tried to smile for the both of them.

" I'm never taking up magic ever again." He silently muttered in shame.

" well... to me.. You'll forever be the greatest magician to ever set foot on Earth." 
Daehyun looked up confused.

"Are you crazy?" 
He heard the other chuckle.

" for you, maybe... what I'm trying to say is, love is the greatest magic of all... and you're pretty good at it.. wouldn't that make you the world's greatest magician too?" Youngjae's eyes lit up upon seeing Daehyun's jaw dropping.

"Oh my god, Youngjae... seriously.."

"What? I swear to my half front bangs, I'm serious."

Daehyun began to chuckle and it felt like it had made Youngjae's night.

" Are you still up for that grand dinner?" The elder asked after he gave his lover's face a marathon of butterfly kisses.

"Am I !" 

 

____________________________________

[A/N: PLS DUNTT KEHLL MEHHH