Final

Insomnia

Jimin lay there on his bed, staring up at the ceiling with his eyes half open. He needs to sleep, but no matter how hard he try or how tired he is or how heavy his eyelids feel as time pass, he just can't fall asleep.

So, instead, Jimin slowly sit up from his bed lazily and let out a loud groan, his head throb greatly causing a headache, threatening him that it would shut down any moment. How long have it been since he last slept? The sleep that actually makes him feel like he's safe and secure.. like home.

Buzz! Buzz!

Jimin look down at his phone, the only thing that created light in a dimly lit room. He pick up his phone from the corner of the bed, unlocking it and check his notification.

Hobie [12:00 AM]: happy anniversary! love ya *creeper moon emoji*

Jimin snort at Hoseok's creeper moon emoji at the end of the sentence. Hoseok would always have his unique ways when it comes to texting, dancing or even talking in general. Anything Hoseoki do can brighten Jimin's day in an instant.

It's been exactly six months ever since Jimin and Hoseok started dating. Jimin still doesn't exactly know why sunshine icon Hoseok would fall for Jimin. They both met through dancing course in uni and hit it off instantly with the girl group dance hobby.

Jimin start typing,

Jimin [12:03 AM]: love you too dork *creeper sun emoji*

And send.

As soon as Jimin finish typing, he turn off his phone and throw it back in the corner of the bed. His headache returns quickly as he's no longer distracted and his eyelids feel heavier than last time.

Jimin kick his blanket off in frustration, noticing an kiddie blanket underneath, mostly for kids around age 7-11. It's a bright blue blanket with owl print on it, Jimin pick it up and stares at it..

.

..

...

"Hey hey" Hoseok yelled excitedly, holding up a small kiddie blanket. "Jiminie, look. Look!"

Jimin teared his gaze away from his phone, currently watching a girl group dance practice and pause the video. Hoseok is standing next to him, waving a bright blue kiddie blanket with owl print on it and had the biggest smile on his face.

"Hoseok what y-"

"It's a present for you" Hoseok interruprted the younger, earning a sour expression mixed with confusion. Hoseok, unfazed by the latter expression and wrapped the kiddie blanket around Jimin, "You said you couldn't sleep well lately. Maybe you feel lonely. So." he paused, "..This blanket represent me" sending Jimin a wink, still keeping his bright smile.

"Ugly" Jimin mumble glancing at the blanket. He mumble quiet enough that only for him to hear. Luckily, Hoseok was way too excited to heard it.

"I'm not a kid anymore" Jimin said instead, unwrapping the blanket off of him. "Do you want me to get nightmare?" he added, inspected the blanket more clearly. Hoseok dramatically fake cry and clutched his chest with one hand, the other free hand on his forehead like some drama.

Jimin turn his back on Hoseok, hiding his face that's flushing red to the tip of his ears.

"But.. Thanks for caring, hyung"

"Don't worry! I'm always here for you"

...

..

.

Jimin smile weakly at the memory, it was his first gift from Hoseok and it was certainly his favorite. Even if it makes him feel embarrassed when people ask him about the blanket because Hoseok demand him to leave it outside his backpack. Jimin doesn't know why Hoseok want to leave the blanket out, showing it to the public but he doesn't want to question the older.

He pull the kiddie blanket on top of him, covering only half his face down to his chest. He pull his main blanket up to his chest, covering the rest of his body and close his eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep. The blanket gives Jimin a weird feeling of being secure and safe.. just like home. Except this blanket gives the latter another kind of feeling, like he's in Hoseok's embrace.