Six

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three years later

 

Yunho’s betrayal to my brother had me fuming, crying and fuming again with rage I’ve never felt before. I spent three years in college to nurse my anger at Yunho. His elopement with Changmin’s girlfriend made me lose interest in men. My life only existed to study, work and study some more.

Changmin worked as a lawyer in big firm in the city. He made more money in a month than what we used to make in a year. He lived in a fancy- condo downtown. I usually crashed there on weekend or when my mood was crappy. I always made sure to notify my arrival because I didn’t want to disturb Changmin’s slumber party with his flavor of the week.

Have I mentioned that my brother was a man-?

After he had his heart slaughtered, trampled down to pieces and burned to ashes by his girlfriend, he made sure that he had some retribution to the fair , which was kind of ironic considering his little sister was a woman. His move had broken hundred of girls’ heart. There was nothing I could do. I only hoped that someday he met his match that could bring him to his knees.

I had yet to consider getting a job or continuing my study. Changmin told me that I would be welcome to try to work in his firm as a secretary. Politely, I declined. My passion was in number. Thus, I wanted to work in a bank no matter how boring that sounded. Beside, working in a bank seemed perfect for a girl with no social life like me.

I told Changmin my plan before I applied for internship in one of the biggest bank in the city. Thankfully, my perfect resume and perfect GPA landed me an opportunity. My brother told me that I wouldn’t last longer than a month.

“Seriously, just continue your study.” He scowled at me like I just made the biggest sin in the world. “I’d rather you to be a professor than a stoic robot who pretends to save the poor.”

“There are other positions that I could choose.” I told him.

His scowl deepened. “You don’t get higher position when you apply as an intern.”

“It takes time to reach the destination. And the experiences will be worth it.”

“Stop being a wise-.” He pointed his arrogant finger at me. “I just don’t like the idea of you suffering when y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter