Final

A Beautiful Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stared at the purple envelope that was handed to him a moment ago. He ignored Soojin's cries behind him. His ears caught the rustling sound made by the girl as she harshly put her clothing’s in her bag. It hurt him when she cries.

"Leo." Soojin called for him.

Leo heaved a sigh as he stared at her blankly. He tried his best to avoid looking at Soojin's eyes directly.

"Is this the end of us? You're not even trying to fight for me?" She asked as she wiped her tears away.

Seeing that Leo is not giving any response, she grew frustrated.

"Jung Taekwoon! Are you seriously letting me go to your brother?"

"If that can make you happy, why not?" He replied simply and looked away from her.

"Leo..."

He knew this day would come. It’s been two weeks since the day his parents announced that they'll marry his younger twin brother, Ravi, to Soojin. They know that Soojin is Leo's girlfriend but when Leo told them to marry her off to his younger brother instead, they only followed, knowing that their older son is doing it for a reason.

"How could you? After all these years we've been together, you're willing to give me up to your brother just because your parents has got the both of us engaged?" Soojin said with tears rolling down her rosy cheeks.

Leo stared at her. His expression can't be read. It was blank as always.

"He can take care of you better than I do. He loves you." He said.

Soojin was beyond angry, "Are you ing kidding me, Jung Taekwoon?!" She spat.

"I don't deserve you, Soojin." He continued. Leo tried his best to keep his posture and tears from falling. It was hard to let her go but he had to. He had no choice.

"What are you talking about? Can't you see?" She said as she went in front Leo and made him look at her in the eyes, "I love YOU. Not Ravi. Not anyone else. And you deserve me. Why can't you see that?" She softens as she looked at him deeply in the eyes.

Leo closed his eyes. This is going to be hard. He thought before he looked at her and moved her hands away from his face.

"I..."

"I what?"

"I...I don't love you anymore." He lied.

Those five words stabbed Soojin through her heart. It was painful for her to hear that from the man she loves.

"Y-you're lying..." She said.

But when Leo looked at her with a serious face. She believed him eventually.

"I'm saying the truth. I ran out of love." He said. His heart hurt when he saw Soojin's reaction.

He stood up and was ready to leave the room when Soojin grabbed him by his wrist softly and turn him around.

She puts something on his palm before smiling forcefully at him. She then walk past him with her bags. Before leaving the room, she leaned to whisper to him.

"Goodbye."

And she left.

Leo looked at his palms and sighed. It was their couple ring and the keys to their used-to-be-shared-apartment.

Deep inside, he wants to chase her but he held back. Not wanting to make a stupid decision that will make him regret in the future.

"Goodbye." He whispered to the air.

 

 

Soojin looked at the reflection of herself in front of the large mirror. She looked angelic in the white dress. The veil on her head had a crown with it as her hair was tied to a bun. She smiled at the people who is taking her picture.

Time flies. She thought to herself as she heave a sigh.

It’s been 5 month since she and Leo have separated. And those whole 5 months, Ravi tried his best to heal and steal her heart. He succeeded eventually. He was nothing but nice to her and treats her like his queen. She was happy and relieved that she was able to move on.

And today is their wedding day. She felt nervous and excited on the same time.

"It’s time." Said her father.

She nods and walked toward him and towards the chapel. The door opened and the music played. Her groom was standing at the end of the altar with a huge smile. She can actually see him wiping his tears when he saw her walking down the aisle. She eyed at the guests' area and noticed that there was an empty spot near the altar.

Her father handed her hand to her groom before the ceremony starts.

After exchanging their vows and I do's, the priest finally ended the ceremony with a, "...you may kiss the bride."

The both of them shared a sweet kiss and received a round of applause from the guests. Ravi put a hand around her waist as they walked towards the door to take a family picture. And that's when Soojin realized that someone was missing.

"Where's Leo?" Soojin asked Ravi for his older twin.

He was silent for a while before smiling at her, "He can't come today. He said he doesn't feel well."

She nods at his words and smiled when the photographer asked her to do so. She felt Ravi holding her closely to him and smiled at his warm embrace.

 

 

2 weeks later...

“When are you coming home?” Soojin asked Ravi through the phone.

Ravi turned his head to the patient lying on the bed before he replied to his wife.

“Probably a bit late. Don’t wait for me sweetheart.” He said in an endearing tone as he stepped towards the bed inside the private room and took the board at the end of the bed.

“Okay then. Take care.” She said.

“Will do. Goodnight. I love you.” He smiled as he said those words.

Soojin was smiling at the end of the line, “I love you too.”

And with that, their call ended and Ravi slide his phone to the pocket of his coat.

It was hard for him. To see the patient in front of him lie there on the bed with lines of tubes here and there. It’s even more painful, when the patient is his older twin brother.

“Dr. Jung?” Another doctor came in. She was accompanied by a nurse.

Ravi greets her with a low nod as she stand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter